Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Eric
  • 2 Post By gpick24

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40   #1

Dog found

Hi, we have had a small black and white Collie come into our house this morning at the top of Plantation Road. It was quite muddy so it has probably run off from someone walking it. We have tried to contact all Dog Wardens etc... but couldn't get in touch with any out of hours so the police have come and taken it. If it is anyone's dog or you know someone who has lost one it is with the police at the moment.

I'll check back here later if anyone needs anymore information.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Dog found

We will make enquiries.Dog or Bitch? Did the dog not have a collar on? If it is microchipped it will be reunited with its owner if the police get it scanned.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:50   #3
Beacon of light

I hope this dog is soon returned to its owners.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 13:52   #4

Unfortunately it was difficult to get near it as it was very agitated and frightened. It did have a collar but we couldnt read a name or number.

The dog seemed happy enough when it jumped in the police van tho
Old 03-11-2013, 13:55   #5
Full Member+

It may have been frightened by the fireworks or gales last night. Hope its reunited with its family soon.
Old 03-11-2013, 17:43   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Hope its reunited with its family soon.
Me too ... my JRT is chipped ... and has a dog tag: "Hi, I'm Deaf. I Need My Meds. $1000 Reward." Plus phone no. etc. Covers the bases; and provides incentive. But, however careful one is, they can get lost. Let's hope a frantic, loving owner is trying to track down his best buddy.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 19:27   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

And hope no scum bag has just abandoned it
Old 03-11-2013, 19:32   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
... $1000 Reward....
It`s very sad that something like that is necessary. If someone finds a dog, they shouldn`t need incentive to reunite it with the owner. We found a couple of shih tzus wandering past our house towards the main road a few weeks ago, tried ringing the number on the tags but no answer, so put leads on and walked the streets with them, wasn`t long before we bumped into the frantic owners looking for them.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 19:56   #9
Senior Member+

On second thoughts,perhaps we should have asked for a reward because it`s probably going to cost us. Finding them two reminded the mrs of the shih tzu we used to have. Tomorrow we are going to look at shih tzu cross maltese pups.
Eric and Studio25 like this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 20:15   #10
Senior Member+

No one we have spoken to knows whose dog it is.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 20:18   #11

There's one been mention on facebook frightened by fireworks chipped so should get back to owners will try and find the post and see
esteemedjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 20:58   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhousezamora View Post
Hi, we have had a small black and white Collie come into our house this morning at the top of Plantation Road. It was quite muddy so it has probably run off from someone walking it. We have tried to contact all Dog Wardens etc... but couldn't get in touch with any out of hours so the police have come and taken it. If it is anyone's dog or you know someone who has lost one it is with the police at the moment.

I'll check back here later if anyone needs anymore information.

Thanks
We had a message from 'missing dogs' appealing for a dog of this description from Sedbergh (off Wensley around th corner)

Email [email protected] if you haven't already reunited th dog.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
...We found a couple of shih tzus wandering past our house towards the main road a few weeks ago, tried ringing the number on the tags but no answer, so put leads on and walked the streets with them, wasn`t long before we bumped into the frantic owners looking for them.
This is why I'm not a "people person" - the thoughts going through my head are usually going in single-file (which really irritates my wife) and are slow and logical. Surely people realise the reason for a dog tag is for other people to read if it gets lost? If the dog forgets its name or where it lives, it can't read! If someone finds the stranded pup, the first thing they will do is ring the number. Why do people leave that number unattended if the dog goes missing?

My boys have my mobile number on their tags and on the chipping database.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:19   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Legally dogs in a public place must have a collar and a tag with the owners name and address on it. It's logic and shouldn't need to be law. Our two always have a collar on and their tags also have both our mobile numbers on.
The last 2 I found on the street had no collar. I found the owner for one and gave the second to the dog warden. I could just have made a phone call and reunited them both if they had spent £2 for a tag from ebay

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..