Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 10:11   #1
God Member

Don't have a Dodgy Ticker in Hyndburn

Have a look at this:

Concern Over Heart Diagnosis System (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Don't have a Dodgy Ticker in Hyndburn

well i'm safe ya got to have a heart to have a dodgy ticker.
Old 11-07-2007, 13:03   #3
Resident Waffler

I wonder how many of the people who weren't diagnosed had actually reported any problems to their GP?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 14:09   #4
Resting in peace

Are the GPs in Accrington/ Hyndburn up to the job? sureley they must shoulder some of the blame for these miserable figures, there are far to many complaints being diagnosed by accident, Ie- opticians suspecting cancer and liver disease. In my opinion there are a lot of average GPs who are only going through the 'motions' and reaching for the prescription pad before you sit down, some of them have far to many patients, let's hope these new Health Centres will improve the situation.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 14:15   #5
God Member

Its not a nice report and the only way is up from what they have now. Sometimes people dont have enough time with a GP because of so called targets which we suffer from up hear. The NHS and health boards need to look at whether they are to blame in part for this crisis.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 14:49   #6
Resident Waffler

In some respects these NHS targets have made matters worse. In order to actually meet some of these targets corners are being cut. How onearth can that be in people's best interests?

Old 11-07-2007, 15:14   #7
God Member

I have not seen my GP since my heart attack nearly five years ago. In that time I have not had one enquiry, from anyone, regarding my physical wellbeing. The support is non-existant, the aftercare amounts to a couple of leaflets and a diet sheet and what medication I take I buy for myself when I need it.

Needless to say, I would not trust my GP to lance a boil and As for the NHS.....!
Old 11-07-2007, 15:17   #8
Resident Waffler

They probably haven't even got you down as a statitic A-b - you'll have been discharged as cured!

Old 11-07-2007, 15:23   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
I have not seen my GP since my heart attack nearly five years ago. In that time I have not had one enquiry, from anyone, regarding my physical wellbeing. The support is non-existant, the aftercare amounts to a couple of leaflets and a diet sheet and what medication I take I buy for myself when I need it.

Needless to say, I would not trust my GP to lance a boil and As for the NHS.....!
It seems that the article is true.
Darwen is completely different. I am called to the health center every six months for a check up. Blood tests, height,weight,blood pressure - the lot.
Someone should start screaming?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 15:32   #10
God Member

For myself I am not interested in being nannied by people who think that they know better than I what is best for me. I am concerned however,that other people are having to put up with the same or similarly lousy service. And it annoys the hell out of me that some patronising beurocrat with nothing better to do with her time has the nerve to try and justify it.
Old 11-07-2007, 15:42   #11
Resting in peace

Some of the receptionist think they are doctors, mind you having said that they probably could give you a better diagnosis than some of the 'quacks' I have had the misfortune to meet. I would not let the senior partner of the practice we attend write a prescription out for me, but for one of his juniors I would have been dead 3 years ago.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 15:47   #12
God Member

A while ago I caught a virus and passed out in the street. I awoke to discover two ambulence men shoving needles in my arse and muttering gravely to themselves. I was then whisked off to Blackburn Royal where I was detained for the rest of the day while two doctors and three nursing staff attempted to persuade me that my collapse was due, not to the effects of the virus, but was actually acute undiagnosed diabetes. When their battery of tests was exhausted, and all came up negative I was hastily shown the door and told to make my own way home. "But what about the virus?" I asked. "See your GP" was the terse reply.
Old 11-07-2007, 15:53   #13
God Member

Quote:
A while ago I caught a virus and passed out in the street. I awoke to discover two ambulence men shoving needles in my arse and muttering gravely to themselves. I .
Just think yourself lucky. It could have been far, far worse.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 17:02   #14
Resident Waffler

Quote:
"But what about the virus?" I asked. "See your GP" was the terse reply.

Have you tried that recently?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..