Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2005, 18:26   #16
Foreign Correspondent

Re: Don't Park there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
They don't appear to venture far from the town centre. Maybe they like to stay where it is more crowded for safety reasons.
Or where giving out parking tickets is easy? If Accrington is like our towns here, finding legal parking is pretty easy once you get away from the town center (forgive my Yank spelling, please). Like the man said, if you want to go elephant hunting, you'd better go where the elephants are.

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2005, 18:33   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

on blackburn rd from the george onwards daily there are cars illegally parked causing obstuction,you never see the wardens on there- the police said it was a problem months ago,and they had a purge which lasted about a week that was it.but really the police have more important things to deal with its the job of these PLEBS.
Old 26-04-2005, 18:35   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Over here they used to have yellow lines on their hats to stop you parking on them .
Now they are green lines. I can't find green lines in the highway code so I think they must be fair game.
Old 26-04-2005, 18:36   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Like I said. Simple, like Traffic Wardens. They don't appear to venture far from the town centre. Maybe they like to stay where it is more crowded for safety reasons.
Easy pickings, plus a load of brewing stops an they are safer in numbers.
Was in accy centre on friday and watched a T warden walk past a car parked on yellow lines and on pavement, thought he's gota book this one but no.......on his merry way he walked

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2005, 18:44   #20
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Easy pickings, plus a load of brewing stops an they are safer in numbers.
Was in accy centre on friday and watched a T warden walk past a car parked on yellow lines and on pavement, thought he's gota book this one but no.......on his merry way he walked
Of course it was his own car.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2005, 18:49   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Of course it was his own car.
No, think he'd just booked someone on the other side of the road,he must have bin workin his bonus out

Albert Einstein.

Old 26-04-2005, 18:57   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

You would have known if he was working out his bonus.
He would have been sat on the floor with his shoes and socks off so he could use his toes for counting as well as his fingers.
Old 26-04-2005, 19:07   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
You would have known if he was working out his bonus.
He would have been sat on the floor with his shoes and socks off so he could use his toes for counting as well as his fingers.
nice one

Albert Einstein.

Old 26-04-2005, 22:07   #24
I am Banned

does anyone know what time securicor usualy deliver to the halifax please

i cant move as fast as i once could but now they have further to walk to the bank i may just make it

god bless the stupidity of traffic warderns ime a gonna be rich i tells ya

RICH
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 06:33   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
qualifications required to be a traffic warden (1) you must be totally stupid(anyone with an iq go away) (2) you must not be aware of societys needs.(3) you must be totally uncaring and oblivious to normal life.thats all you need apply now lol

4 no parents.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 08:02   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Smile Re: Don't Park there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthedj
4 no parents.
sorry bob forgot that one was rushing
Old 27-04-2005, 15:13   #27

Reminds me of the old joke,"I used to want to be a traffic warden."
"What happened,fail the intelligence test?"
"No they found out my parents were married!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 23:09   #28

Was told a story about Royal Mail cash delivery in Burnley several years ago. The driver was driving onto pedestrian area to deliver to Kierby Walk when stopped by a Traffic warden who told him he would book him if he put one wheel on the pavement. The driver replied "See this tragger in my hand, If I push it & drop it, within a minute you will be surrounded by every copper in Burnley who will want to know what the hell you are doing. As for me I will be several streets away to leave you to do the explaining so make your choice, back off or face the consequences." If these idiots cannot use a minute bit of common sense then I wouldn't even give them an explanation,just press & depart.
Has anyone noticed too that Traffic warden is made up of the first two letters of TWIT!
This may also be a perfect job for failed referees too.
Old 27-04-2005, 23:36   #29
Always EVIL within us

"In the "Good old days" Traffic wardens came under the jurisdiction of the local police force.......and like the local bobby, used common sense and judgement.

Now it is big business as the councils award contracts to private firms to enforce the "law" as they see fit! We all hate the traffic wardens but remember, they are "only doing their job" and would be made unemployed if they used discretion..........The people who are at fault are the council that choose to receive payment from private contractors to do a job that WE the electorate pay the council to do............
Old 29-04-2005, 12:39   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
Was told a story about Royal Mail cash delivery in Burnley several years ago. The driver was driving onto pedestrian area to deliver to Kierby Walk when stopped by a Traffic warden who told him he would book him if he put one wheel on the pavement. The driver replied "See this tragger in my hand, If I push it & drop it, within a minute you will be surrounded by every copper in Burnley who will want to know what the hell you are doing. As for me I will be several streets away to leave you to do the explaining so make your choice, back off or face the consequences." If these idiots cannot use a minute bit of common sense then I wouldn't even give them an explanation,just press & depart.

I cannot help but wonder had he done so, how long would it actually have taken for the police to arrive? On past performance the Traffic Warden may well have found himself with a nice little bonus that day.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..