Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2004, 20:04   #1
Senior Member+

dont u hate it when...

you get a text asking if your going out tonight and then u reply straight away etc

but they take like 2 hrs to get back to u?

and ur just there waiting for this one stupid msg!
Old 26-12-2004, 20:36   #2

Re: dont u hate it when...

If you are that fed up waiting for a reply, just try ringing them. At least that way you will know what's happening.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 22:05   #3
Always EVIL within us

Cool Re: dont u hate it when...

Most times its the system at fault rather than the person replying.

Some months back, I was going to a school open evening and was to meet Willow and her two daughters inside the school.
On my arrival in the school car park, I sent a message to say that I had arrived and one of her daughters came down to the front doors to show me where to go...........

At 2am that night I received a message saying that the daughter will be coming for me and would be at the front door in a couple of minutes Panic set in, what has happened? accident? fire? I hurriedly dressed and ran down to my front door.....but all was quiet.

It suddenly ocurred to me that this was the reply that Willow had sent to me at the school! It had only taken 8 hours to arrive at my phone! so.....NEVER, NEVER RELY ON TEXT MESSAGES, PHONE THEM!
Old 27-12-2004, 02:39   #4
Senior Member+

forget that

i'm just gonna stick to smoke signals....

*sets another log on fire...*
Old 27-12-2004, 10:59   #5
Resident Waffler

We've had another occasion when Busman was sitting next to me and his phone beeped "ooh I've got a message" he said and then when he looked "it's from you!". I think I'd sent it that morning.

Or there was the time when he was snug as a bug in a B&B and we were getting blown about by hurricane something or other in our caravan and I tried to phone/text him to come and rescue us - I was unable to get through "live" so resorted to texts and he finally got the message the next morning when all was calm and still.

Aren't mobile phones wonderful?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 18:30   #6
Senior Member+

best is when ur sending a saucy message to ur wife or gf or both and it goes to like soem cousin or a work person....

omg the embaressment doesnt die down
Old 27-12-2004, 19:06   #7

lol. Can't say it's ever happened to me myself. the only stupid one I did was a text about me being ill to my bf it went something like this 'hi honey i'm feeling ill today, you better tuck me in when you get home from work' Thing is my ex boyfriend had been harassing me for 9 months (9 months!!! Obsessive?) and I sent the text to him accidently. Got a reply saying kelly your really confusing me now. So I sent one back saying '****** off the text wasn't for you' (suppose you had to be there to find this funny)
Old 27-12-2004, 19:24   #8
Senior Member+

*LOL*

i bet he thought his luck had changed *LOL*

i once sent a similar msg to my wife

but no it didnt go to wifey it went to my bro in law

texting back sayin

"i know ur good looking but i'm not ready to swing that way yet..."
Old 27-12-2004, 22:32   #9
Always EVIL within us

You could get yourself a bad rep on the accyweb Mani....
Old 28-12-2004, 13:37   #10
Senior Member+

Red face Re: dont u hate it when...

it was an accident!!!!! *L*

now if elisha cuthbert had gotten that text "accidently"

wud've been a different matter.....
Old 28-12-2004, 13:42   #11
I am Banned

LOL it happens to me all the time worse when expecting a juicy gossip reply....ohhh the suspence kills, then i get the stupid ad txts lol
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 14:16   #12
Senior Member+

*LOL*

hahaha

the thing is u keep lookin at ur mobile every 10 seconds thinkin it may have come and u not heard the tone to tell u and ppl start thinking oh he's just showing off with his mobile *L*

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..