Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 16:59   #1
Senior Member+

Dozy Parkers

This lad & his WAG accross the road from me have decided it's in their interest to park their car right outside my house.Not a lot i can do,i know but it does get bloody infuriating,especially when folk visit,or the wife comes home with the shopping & has to walk half the street while the taxi driver taps his steering wheel.They already have one clapped out wreck outside their own home(fancies his self as a bit of a car trader),but there's plenty of room either side to park.The other day WAG was sitting in the car when my taxi arrived & had to wait outside their house,so we both had to cross the street to get to our respective cars....seems ridiculous to me,and she shot off pronto when she clocked me leaving the house.Any way big delivery van coming at the weekend,i hope they shunt it down the street & out of the bloody way
Old 06-08-2008, 17:06   #2
God Member

Re: Dozy Parkers

Have you checked if the clapped out car is insured & taxed?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 17:21   #3
God Member

Have the same here, people opposite have drives at the back, but park outside our house, and always across the tarmac bit between the grass verge so you have to walk in the grass, I will be parking works vans there for a bit now while people are on holidays!
Old 06-08-2008, 18:12   #4
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Dozy Parkers

When I lived on the Roman Road estate, a guy I knew a bit had a way of dealing with people parking in front of his house.

He would wedge a nail or a screw point upwards under at least one wheel. One nail would be behind the wheel and one in front of another one. Thus ensuring that the tyre would puncture as the car set off even if it reversed first.
Old 06-08-2008, 18:15   #5
God Member

That nutcase ex of mine had a big mark 9 Jag and used to shunt them away from my door with it.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 18:17   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Have you checked if the clapped out car is insured & taxed?
Not sure,i'll have a closer look.Actually not so much of a banger as something that would appeal to the boy racer or chav.Alas the farthest it seems to have travelled is around the block.
Old 06-08-2008, 18:18   #7
God Member

lol Richard has a land rover discovery and some stupid woman across the road insisted on parking bumper to bumper with him, one day he ever so politely pushed the stupid womans car out of the way with the discovery, served herself right for parking so he couldnt get out
Old 06-08-2008, 18:42   #8
I am Banned

Another way to deal with those bone idle selfish buggers, is super glue in the petrol filler cap key hole. They will never know when or where it was done, and they might not be back for a long time.

Retlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
When I lived on the Roman Road estate, a guy I knew a bit had a way of dealing with people parking in front of his house.

He would wedge a nail or a screw point upwards under at least one wheel. One nail would be behind the wheel and one in front of another one. Thus ensuring that the tyre would puncture as the car set off even if it reversed first.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 18:55   #9
God Member

so many people advising criminal damage? shame on you all, if its taxed and insured then legally he can park it there. It might be inconvienient for Maxwell but its not illegal

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 19:12   #10
God Member

throw bread on the roof of their car thats outside your house

the pigeons will make nice work of their paint job getting at the bread with their feet and beaks

if it isnt taxed ring the dvla up and they will soon have a big yellow clamp on it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 21:39   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Dozy Parkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
so many people advising criminal damage? shame on you all, if its taxed and insured then legally he can park it there. It might be inconvienient for Maxwell but its not illegal
Strictly speaking no vehicle has ANY PARKING RIGHTS on the public highway except in specifically designated areas such as on-street parking metered or otherwise and those domestic areas where you need a local permit to park only given or rather sold to residents. Even a disabled bay marked on the public highway by the local authority is not legal unless there is a plaque on a nearby wall, lamppost etc stating the terms of parking in it. Even then it is not for the exclusive use of the resident nearest to the bay. Any Blue Badge holder can park in it.

Anywhere else you can get booked for obstruction. Not that it happens very often unless it happens to obstruct the free passage of a fire engine, police car or ambulance.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:12   #12
Resting in Peace

Firstly sometimes wish we had BULL BARS on amb for some streets (not just in Accy either) LOL Secondly if he is TRADING contact Trading Standards as they will check, if they want,

if he has

a) Council Permmisson to run a bussiness from home
b) With Customs and Excise for VAT returns...LOL
c) With Land Regiserty to see if it is allowed within DEEDS or COVINTMENT (sp) to work from home

Oh by the way the worst people to upset are C&E they tend to get offenders sent down for years and seize assessets and or property
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:14   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Strictly speaking no vehicle has ANY PARKING RIGHTS on the public highway except in specifically designated areas such as on-street parking metered or otherwise and those domestic areas where you need a local permit to park only given or rather sold to residents.

Care to find a link that backs this up? The Highway code (whilst not legislation) doesn't seem to back you up

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:04   #14
Resting in Peace

On way of making a point is to just pop a not nder the wiper, saying that cars who repeatedly park her may end up with flat tyres, and don't forget to say thank you
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06   #15
God Member

I think using it as a bird table was the best idea

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..