Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2008, 19:23   #16
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Drunks Make Life Hell For Nurses

stick em with a sharp needle and knock the buggers out i say
Old 19-05-2008, 19:24   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
They are any race.... any age... any gender.........why is that so important polly?

sorry just curious
I don't see what difference age, race and gender make they shouldn't be abusing the staff who are trying to help them.
Old 19-05-2008, 20:05   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Staff at Royal Blackburn are now facing abuse from drunk patients on a daily basis. It used to be a problem on Friday and Saturday nights but it appears to be an everyday occurence now. Surely our nurses and doctors deserve more respect than this??? I find it disgusting that the very people who are trying to help get abused in this way. My opinion is that the abusive patients should be ejected from the premises without treatment. What do you think?
I quite agree, Bernadette.

Why should nurses have to put up with abuse when they are just doing their job trying to help people?

Abusive behaviour wouldn't be tolerated in my workplace so why in hospital?
Old 19-05-2008, 21:24   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post

However, I want to know more about these drunks: What age groups are they - mainly ?

What gender are they? What race.

These are important points that need answering
thats utter garbage to me, whats happening to the medical staff is the important point. n its dealing with whoever n how is whats important.
Old 20-05-2008, 10:01   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I don't see what difference age, race and gender make they shouldn't be abusing the staff who are trying to help them.
These are relevant factors because without this information we can not seek to remedy the situation

For example if the evidence points to the main perpetrators of the violence being young males we can examine where they have been before and why they are behaving in such a fashion

Regardless of who it is this behaviour is unacceptable but society needs to be able to target those who are causing the problem
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 10:30   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
These are relevant factors because without this information we can not seek to remedy the situation

For example if the evidence points to the main perpetrators of the violence being young males we can examine where they have been before and why they are behaving in such a fashion

Regardless of who it is this behaviour is unacceptable but society needs to be able to target those who are causing the problem
Be quite honest polly society doesn't give a damn, or we would have said enough is enough with these dogooders that rear their heads whenever these clones are up in court, they just get a sugar lump and a pat on the head, and if they are really lucky they get skiing holiday as well. cashy hit the nail on the head when he said there is no deterrent. A prime example was highlighted last week when Pete Dockerty was released from jail after serving 4 weeks of a sixteen week sentence, then tells the world that he cheeted the drug test whilst inside. Is it hardley any wonder that impressionable youngsters see this and think I can do that, law and order in this country has gone down the pan, and the police are fighting a losing battle
Old 20-05-2008, 11:23   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Be quite honest polly society doesn't give a damn, or we would have said enough is enough with these dogooders that rear their heads whenever these clones are up in court, they just get a sugar lump and a pat on the head, and if they are really lucky they get skiing holiday as well. cashy hit the nail on the head when he said there is no deterrent. A prime example was highlighted last week when Pete Dockerty was released from jail after serving 4 weeks of a sixteen week sentence, then tells the world that he cheeted the drug test whilst inside. Is it hardley any wonder that impressionable youngsters see this and think I can do that, law and order in this country has gone down the pan, and the police are fighting a losing battle
I doubt that your right that society dosnt give a damn. I still believe that most people do care, they are just too lazy or to intimidated to do
anything about the situation.
We all have the option to become local councillors, but we cont we just let the two / three major parties carry on in their own ways for their own aims

We all have the option to apply to be local magistrates but we dont we leave it to the usual faces.

I do agree with you about the way the media idolises people and opinions that it real shouldn't and how this affects impressionable youngsters.

Society needs a major shake up and people need to accept responsibility for their own families instead of relying on the state.
We need to start asking our neighbours and ourselves what we are offering back to the community.l
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 11:36   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I doubt that your right that society dosnt give a damn. I still believe that most people do care, they are just too lazy or to intimidated to do
anything about the situation.
We all have the option to become local councillors, but we cont we just let the two / three major parties carry on in their own ways for their own aims

We all have the option to apply to be local magistrates but we dont we leave it to the usual faces.

I do agree with you about the way the media idolises people and opinions that it real shouldn't and how this affects impressionable youngsters.

Society needs a major shake up and people need to accept responsibility for their own families instead of relying on the state.
We need to start asking our neighbours and ourselves what we are offering back to the community.l
Well if they are to lazy polly they just don't give a damn, its a bit to late asking people to take responsibility for their own families, that went out the window years ago, back in the sixties. there is only one way forward and that is to make punishmen fit the crime. Do away with the word concurrently when passing sentances and replace it with consecutive, Life should mean life, some of this scum are out on the streets before their victims are not long in their grave, and most of all consider the victim before the criminal, which does not happen today, then and only then will we see a return to exceptable values
Old 20-05-2008, 15:48   #24

They should they be kicked out without treatment. If they in need of a nurse then they should be thankful that they have the facilities to go to and be treated, some countries dont have that and they are completly ungrateful!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..