Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 20:03   #151
Beacon of light

Re: Ed Miliband

Get out of that one Graham!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-01-2012, 08:46   #152
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Get out of that one Graham!
Think he's going to find it very hard, Graham only gets involved in anything when he thinks he can baffle everybody by science, or in other words a load of diatribe, which, if you look at the majority of his posts on here, geared to do just that. If every body is truthful, when they've read most of the stuff he's put on here both in his council days and now as an MP, they've been no wiser when they've finished than before they started, its called the "Mushroom Syndrome", feed the plebs with bullshine and keep um in the dark, and I've cleaned that up a tad for a family site
Old 10-01-2012, 10:07   #153
God Member

As Graham Jones repeatedly reminds us, he's a working-class lad. He seems to work to the old workplace saying, "If tha can't baffle 'em wi' brains baffle 'em wi bull****."

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:46   #154
Beacon of light

Mushroom management isn't just the domain of Graham Jones.........all political parties employ this tactic....this guff about transparency, is just, well....guff.

It is like the report that there is going to be a crackdown of fat cat salaries....and those convicted will be jailed. Don't make me laugh. It won't happen. Corporate Negligence will never result in anyone getting more than a lsap on the wrist.
If they can't find jail space for murderers and rapists then what chance for bankers and CEO's?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:48   #155
Senior Member+

As I doubt I'll get an intelligible response from Graham, to get back to thread-
Ed Milliband- the only problem I have with him(besides the fact that he's a very rich man who claims to be Labour but hasn't a clue how ordinary people live) is that when I see him on television with those big doe-like eyes and the pleading manner in which he speaks I have a strong urge to pat him on the head and say 'There, there, Ed, don't worry, everything will turn out all right'.
That's not what I want in a Prime Minister or even an Opposition Leader!
I want someone who will pat me on the head and say 'There, there, Gordon, don't worry, everything will turn out all right'.
I want a Leader who, although sometimes right,sometimes wrong, will give me the confidence that they are able to LEAD!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03   #156
Beacon of light

I cannot see anyone in the current parliament, from any of the parties that has that ability.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:09   #157
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I cannot see anyone in the current parliament, from any of the parties that has that ability.
I agree.
We need a strong Government and a strong Opposition to take it to task.
At the moment we have neither.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:27   #158
God Member

Bring back Jack Straw and David Milliband for a start -what are they doing on the back-benches? Watching while the latest labour young guns shoot themselves continually in the foot!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:09   #159
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
As I doubt I'll get an intelligible response from Graham, to get back to thread-
Ed Milliband- the only problem I have with him(besides the fact that he's a very rich man who claims to be Labour but hasn't a clue how ordinary people live) is that when I see him on television with those big doe-like eyes and the pleading manner in which he speaks I have a strong urge to pat him on the head and say 'There, there, Ed, don't worry, everything will turn out all right'.
That's not what I want in a Prime Minister or even an Opposition Leader!
I want someone who will pat me on the head and say 'There, there, Gordon, don't worry, everything will turn out all right'.
I want a Leader who, although sometimes right,sometimes wrong, will give me the confidence that they are able to LEAD!
Thats the real problem Labour have got to me Gordon, Not EdM, THe problem is the public perception,following the balls up made by Blair n Brown! until they admit that,fer my money,they will never regain credibility,no matter who leads the party.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13   #160
JFT96

Bring back Greg Pope, I did not agree with him most of the time, but he listened to his constituents. I had respect for him, something the present incumbent does not have.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13   #161
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats the real problem Labour have got to me Gordon, Not EdM, THe problem is the public perception,following the balls up made by Blair n Brown! until they admit that,fer my money,they will never regain credibility,no matter who leads the party.
How long can you hold your breath,cashman?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:26   #162
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Bring back Jack Straw and David Milliband for a start -what are they doing on the back-benches? Watching while the latest labour young guns shoot themselves continually in the foot!

Why? If you lumped both of them together you would have enough material to make a decent politician.
I stand by my previous judgement of the abilities of the politicians in the house......none of them have the required leadership skills.
Old 10-01-2012, 16:00   #163
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Ed is a great leader.

Chip paper makes for ideal chit chat amongst commentators. I don't think it is distracting the Parliamentary Labour Party or that anyone is worried at this stage. Ed's put a lot in behind the scenes. Remarkable person and tough. He doesn't bat an eyelid at the paper stuff. Just carries on with a clear purpose. It's hard because I don't just want to say "oh this is what is being said behind closed doors about ourselves (and the opposition) and this is what we are going to do in years 3 and 4 and 5." Thats for Ed to do but he has pretty much laid out in the clearest of terms to Labour MP's how we will approach the next election and how he plans for those years with the Labour Party. There is some evolving still going on. We have the policy reviews.

When you're on the inside knowing how clear and decisive Ed is in what he wants and how he has a clear plan, you can't take the outside media seriously.

For goodness' sake! How old are you Graham Jones?

That is the sort of gushing tripe I would expect from some lovestruck schoolgirl. One might almost imagine that you have posters of EdM plastered all over the walls of your bedroom.

Is it true that you have 'I LUV ED' tattooed on your bum?

It strikes me that you and your mates in the party have got an uphill struggle on your hands to convince the country that 'Mr Wonderful' has what it takes to make it into Downing Street, considering that the press this morning has him as LESS popular than Nick Clegg - if such a thing can be imagined.

Sychophancy is disgusting, at any age.
Old 10-01-2012, 17:44   #164
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
How long can you hold your breath,cashman?
Not long Gordon, but its a bit longer than me
Old 10-01-2012, 17:49   #165
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
For goodness' sake! How old are you Graham Jones?

That is the sort of gushing tripe I would expect from some lovestruck schoolgirl. One might almost imagine that you have posters of EdM plastered all over the walls of your bedroom.

Is it true that you have 'I LUV ED' tattooed on your bum?

It strikes me that you and your mates in the party have got an uphill struggle on your hands to convince the country that 'Mr Wonderful' has what it takes to make it into Downing Street, considering that the press this morning has him as LESS popular than Nick Clegg - if such a thing can be imagined.

Sychophancy is disgusting, at any age.
Well he was supposed to be reinventing himself today, maybe he'll be wearing I love Graham T shirts in recognition of the most valued support he's been given, mind you being less popular than Clegg really is an achievement by anyone's standards

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..