Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2006, 19:56   #1
Resting in Peace

extra hours in the day

Heard a snippet on radio this week. Something to do with sleep deprivation, and concluded asking listeners if they had 4 extra hours in the day, what would they do with them. Would have loved to have heard some of the replies and know you imaginative lot will have some ideas
I can only think negative and everything seems to lead to extra work. For instance, extra public services would have to be provided and all supporting industries work longer to provide these, we would have to work harder to support any leisure activities. Mums wouldn't get much rest away from the kids, maybe just lounge around watching more telly, lurking on Accy web !
I'm muddled and feeling negative re. this question .. any ideas?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2006, 20:12   #2
God Member

Re: extra hours in the day

I watched a programme a few years ago and a girl was put into a room with no means of telling the time. She lived in there for a month and slept and woke when it was natural. The scientists who were monitoring her made sure that she had no way of knowing what time it was by changing their shifts and so on. At the end of the month the scientists told her it was time to come out but she thought it was only day 23. Within a few days of going into the room her body clock had changed to a 36 hour day instead of a 24 hour one.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 20:14   #3
Beacon of light

I'd use one hour to walk more......I'd use one hour to write.......I'd use one hour to go and see Muti(I mean extra to what I do now) and the last hour I would squander and do something totally useless, like daydreaming.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 20:33   #4
God Member

erm.....more sleep/drinking time; depends which end of the day my extra four hours are
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 20:49   #5
Accy Goddess

If the extra hours are in the morning then I would sleep. In the evening would give me more time on accyweb.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 20:51   #6
I am Banned

i get in enough trouble with 24 hours to play with i dont need an extra four hours
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 20:55   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
erm.....more sleep/drinking time; depends which end of the day my extra four hours are
Yeh, that's a good point shaker ... after my own heart, however, you would have to earn more to subsidise the extra drink .. get whatI mean ?
Gawd, what would I do if up at 4 o'clock every a.m.?? Mind you, along with the rest of the world.

Margaret .. you a lady of intellect and retired .. so that no problem to you. You have already experience of extra hours, and how to fill them.
Old 21-02-2006, 21:00   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i get in enough trouble with 24 hours to play with i dont need an extra four hours
Yeh well, with some people we would probably need to slip in the odd sleeping tablet into his pint, ok that would take up 4 seconds. Sweet dreams Chav.
Old 21-02-2006, 21:01   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE
If the extra hours are in the morning then I would sleep. In the evening would give me more time on accyweb.
Anne, the idea is that you don't sleep, get it ?
Old 21-02-2006, 21:03   #10
God Member

you know I might even attempt to do my own ironing

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 21:04   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
well if your maid needs a new job she can come do mine
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 21:06   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
well if your maid needs a new job she can come do mine
yeah right a maid, oh what a laugh, I soooo wish

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 21:11   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Exactly Harwood .. more b. work .. no excuses anymore, eh
Old 21-02-2006, 21:17   #14
Resting in Peace

Well, anyway I've gotta go and 'ave to do extra early hours to catch plane to big smoke in morning for w. o. r. k .. don't think what I would have in mind somehow.
Old 21-02-2006, 22:25   #15
God Member

Is this because people dont reckon there are enough hours in the day to do what needs done?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..