Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2008, 17:08   #1

Faith in human nature restored?

My Nan had an accident today outside Wilkinson's, she tripped over one of the dodgy flagstones & fell flat on her face, breaking both her teeth & glasses. Thankfully a kind gentleman and young lady went to her aid, called the paramedics and stayed with her until they arrived. The man has taken photos of the flagstone, gave my Nan his name & address and went off to report the incident to the council.

Unfortunately for the young lady, someone stole her handbag whilst she was helping my Nan. What kind of person would sink so low to do this?

I am so grateful to those who helped out and it restored my faith in human nature, but then there's always the one who has to shatter it again!
Old 03-01-2008, 17:11   #2
God Member

Re: Faith in human nature restored?

OMG how awful.
I do hope your nan makes a speedy recovery , and pray that the scumbag that stole the lasses purse is caught or at least met with some disaster themselves.. god forbid.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 17:18   #3
God Member

What a terrible thing to happen, I hope your nan gets better soon. Its horrible that someone would prey on someone who is trying to help someone else, but its not even a shock is it, it happens all too often. Lets just hope they get what they deserve.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 17:55   #4
Yank in King Art's Court!

What a nice thing to hear . . . followed of course by the trog who would steep so low as to steal from this good samaritan!

I had a similar thing happen to my Mum. A couple of years ago, she was taking her daily walk. She tripped over some construction going on. She landed smack dab on her face, cutting her eye up pretty badly.

She lay off the side of the road while 2 or 3 cars passed her by. Finally, a very nice person stopped and offered assistance. He was even willing to drive her to the hospital. She did take his offer to drive her back home.

It's hard especially being so far away from the parents to have to hear about stuff like that. It was very nice to know there are good people out there eh?

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 17:57   #5

Hope your nan recovers and gets some compensation. Excellent that these people helped her, damned pity that there's always a lowlife hanging around to take advantage
Old 03-01-2008, 18:02   #6
God Member

A nasty fall followed by a nasty piece of work, I hope your nan recovers quickly, and I hope the scum who nicked the young ladies handbag has a horrible 2008, if nan puts in for compensation, (and she should), it may be worth mentioning what the lady lost in her bag, see if she can't be compensated too.
Old 03-01-2008, 18:04   #7
God Member

Is the area not covered by cctv ?
Old 03-01-2008, 18:37   #8
God Member

Sorry to hear about your nan, hope she recovers soon.

This is where karma comes in as I'm sure the lady who helped her will have some fantastic luck just around the corner pref as she drives round it and the low life will be crossing the road!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 18:56   #9
God Member

Hope your Nan feels better soon, the scumbag that nicked the bag hope they rot in hell.
Old 03-01-2008, 18:58   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hope yer nan recovers fully asap nikkival, also hope the piece of crap that stole the young lasses bag, gets brought to justice, dont hold me breath though on that. i would happily flog this piece of trash.
Old 03-01-2008, 19:41   #11
Resident Waffler

How could anybody be so awful to steal a handbag of someone who is helping another person? What a nasty piece of work.

I hope your Nan recovers from her experience. Those paving slabs have never been right since they were put down and she certainly should claim against the council. Funnily enough there was someone outside the Arndale this afternoon asking if people had had accidents (touting for business from those claim lawyers).

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 20:29   #12

Thanks everyone, she's home from the hospital, nasty cut on her lip, her mouth is very swollen & she's lost her tooth bridge & some veneers? (not very well up on dentistry!), and her new glasses are beyond repair.

She's ok, but obviously shaky and feels terrible that the girl who helped her had her bag stolen. The family are going to contact the 2 people who helped to extend our thanks and we'll also be looking into compensation as dentists and opticians don't come cheap!
Old 03-01-2008, 20:55   #13

Good to know she is home
Old 03-01-2008, 21:19   #14
Senior Member+

hope your nan gets better soon, and i hope whoever stole the lady's bag get's caught,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 23:01   #15

hope your nan is ok bless her. as for the scumbag who stole the young ladys handbag hope they get caught soon and go to prison and rot there.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..