Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2007, 23:35   #31
Accy Goddess

Re: fat fighters lol

Trouble with that Magpie as soon as you come off it the weight will go right back on.
The only thing that will work is a sensible diet.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2007, 03:55   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE View Post
Trouble with that Magpie as soon as you come off it the weight will go right back on.
The only thing that will work is a sensible diet.
That is sound advice, but there is no harm in using a meal substitute sometimes (I use Complan) when you havent time or energy to cook -much better than a junk food takeaway

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 06:24   #33
God Member

anyone planing to use "slim fast" or "complan" remember to stock up on Preparation H or other hemmoroid treatments before using the above products , I'm convinced both products are subsiduaries of the NORI brick company ......
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 06:37   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
anyone planing to use "slim fast" or "complan" remember to stock up on Preparation H or other hemmoroid treatments before using the above products , I'm convinced both products are subsiduaries of the NORI brick company ......
ROFL - fortunately this doesnt cause me a problem (need 'firming up')

Old 23-08-2007, 08:33   #35
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

go to weightwatchers!!
simple
shakes are rubbish they dont fill you up and they dont satisfiy you like a proper meal
Old 23-08-2007, 09:37   #36
God Member

Weightwatchers does work - I went in the early 60s when they held meets at the library (maybe still do). It was expensive to enrol and there was a weekly fee, but worth it at the time. I lost 6lb in the first week and got a 'cheer' from the others. The first week on it always produces the biggest weekly loss.
It did teach me about dietary balance. I remember that my greengrocery costs quadrupled.
If the cost of Weightwatchers has risen a lot (likely) you have to rely on self discipline and dietary info on health sites.
I find it easier now I only cook for me. It must be hard for those whose 'other half' still wants all those 'forbidden' items, and who gloat while you watch them eat them

Old 23-08-2007, 10:51   #37

me and the wife do weightwatchers wife goes meeting i dont so we only pay for one it realy is good diet teached me lots i have lost nearly a stone in six weeks the wife as lost over two stone in twelve months main thing is it makes you more a ware of healthy food we still go out for meals at least once a week but we dont go to indian restrauants any more we have all the weightwatchers cook books and there is some fantastic meals in them that are so nice and healthy this is the first time i have gone on a diet my wife has tried them all but weight watchers as been the best
Old 23-08-2007, 11:18   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
me and the wife do weightwatchers wife goes meeting i dont so we only pay for one it realy is good diet teached me lots i have lost nearly a stone in six weeks the wife as lost over two stone in twelve months main thing is it makes you more a ware of healthy food we still go out for meals at least once a week but we dont go to indian restrauants any more we have all the weightwatchers cook books and there is some fantastic meals in them that are so nice and healthy this is the first time i have gone on a diet my wife has tried them all but weight watchers as been the best
Well done Davo - your willpower does you credit

Old 23-08-2007, 16:06   #39
Resting in Peace

I just want to kick start so that's why I am using slim fast... but only for a few weeks: had my first two so far today: yum yum ( not ) but then its only the first day:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 20:27   #40

just got a trampoline never realised how much fun they could be trying to loose weight
Old 24-08-2007, 20:36   #41
God Member

Don't take the dieting thing too far while you're pregnant. Eating healthily is good but going on some faddy diet will not do you or the baby any favours. Oh and make the most of that trampoline now, unless you're fastidious about doing your pelvic floor exercises you won't be able to get on it after the birth without letting a bit of wee out!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..