Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2006, 18:45   #16
God Member

Re: Filming children

I think its bloody pathetic that we cant film our children , both my two youngest have picked awards and trophies up at school ,times that would have been perfect for putting on video so they can treasure it when they get older, but no ..im not allowed to film in school or take pictures .

My daughter danced on stage at the grand theatre last year and will prob not get chance to do it again.and when i asked if i could capture it on video my request was refused , I then asked if the school would be filming it thinking i could buy a copy from school but nope they wasnt filming either .

Her father couldnt be there because of work and a video would have been perfect for him to be part of her big night ..

Instead it can only be a memory in her mind and mine , What next???

ITS RIDICULOUS
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-10-2006, 18:46   #17
God Member

Quote:
scoring a penalty at 8 years old to win a game. But now we face a situation where a future adult will have no record his proud dad has made for him accounting the important bits of his childhood.
Quick call the sexist police

I would love to have had a video of my DAUGHTER scoring HER first goal a couple of weeks ago. This isn't new by the way it's been in place for at least the 2 years my daughter has been playing football.
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 18:52   #18
Resident Waffler

This is so sad. Our children are missing out on their memories.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 19:15   #19
God Member

I too think its ridiculous and wouldn't stop the paedophiles.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 19:26   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Some schools don't let you film at Nativity plays either, madness.

Anyway it makes no sense, as you can still film on a beach etc.

Whatever the legislation or rules they impose on innocent people, you can bet the effin' perverts will carry on regardless, it's just the innocent that will suffer as usual.

Nail on the head, garinda.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 20:06   #21

I agree that it does not seem fair that you cannot video your children but there is a different aspect to this. Lots of children are in foster care or custody battles where it is best for safety reasons if there whereabouts is unknown. Therefore filming a soccer game, school event could mean that a child could be identified. I think that a childs safety is more important. As far as paedophiles go they are sick and will go to any length to film a child. With long range cameras now they can be sitting a good way away from your child and still be taking pictures.
magily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 20:20   #22

Quote:
Quick call the sexist police

I would love to have had a video of my DAUGHTER scoring HER first goal a couple of weeks ago. This isn't new by the way it's been in place for at least the 2 years my daughter has been playing football.
Sorry lancsdave didn't mean to sound sexist, I was just thinking about my son.

Two years wow, its a new ruling by the FA this week according to todays telegraph, although the telegraph isn't always accurate.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 20:34   #23
God Member

Im a governor in a primary school and yes we do have a rule that no photos unless with prior arrangement with the school. We brought it in a few year ago because one we were told to by the education department and 2 if we didnt we could be open to being sued by a parent if it ever came to light that we let a pervert take photos or a video. All the kids have a letter sent home with a slip on the bottom asking if they will let their kids be in a video or have photos taken. All the kids have to return them. If one doesnt then it doesnt get video'd because we cant say if that parent says yes or no. It's what they call protecting the head teacher, teachers, governors etc as well as the kids.

In the end we decided for the nativity play one year that the teachers would video it and sell them to parents/guardians. If they wanted more than one the parents had to contact the school and say why they wanted one - for the grandparents etc. This was also to cover the school.

In this day and age when people sue for no good reason its right to cover your back. Even at work we dont allow parents to take photos of their kids doing sport. Because we could be sued.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 20:42   #24
God Member

Quote:
Two years wow, its a new ruling by the FA this week according to todays telegraph, although the telegraph isn't always accurate
We never questioned where the rule came from, just got told we couldn't do it so we presumed it had come from some authority. Pathetic really.

On the other hand it seems quite alright for local councils to provide crap facilites for kids football where they can't be bothered opening changing rooms and the kids have to use the nearest bush as toilets
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 20:54   #25
Passed away 25-11-09

When my granddaughter was at Nursery School she was in a nativity play. I couldn't see her in it and nor could her daddy because only 1 parent was allowed to attend and photos were banned. She's been at Primary School for 3 years now and they have no such silly rules. I hope they never adopt them.

There have always been perverts and paedophiles around, it's not a new phenomenum. What is new is the amount of publicity and media-generated hysteria that surrounds these people. Of course we have to be aware, just like my parents were aware when I was a child, but paranoia isn't going to help the situation.
Old 13-10-2006, 23:34   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well you have defeated me again!! just when i think the world cannot get stupider it does,for once i am completly speechless.
Old 14-10-2006, 08:16   #27
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
Im a governor in a primary school and yes we do have a rule that no photos unless with prior arrangement with the school........................In this day and age when people sue for no good reason its right to cover your back. Even at work we dont allow parents to take photos of their kids doing sport. Because we could be sued.
I am sorry but you (as in your school) are perpetuating this nonsense. Your school admittance policy should state that the school will not prevent parents from taking video and photographs at events organised by the school such as school plays and sports days. The parents should have to sign to agree or else their child will not be permitted to attend the school. By having such no picture policies you are preventing many of us parents from being able to see our childrens achievements at school.

If a pervert wants to picture kids they can do it in parks or the street. Do you think the Council can be sued because someone photo's kids in a Council owned park. Of course they can't. You are bowing to mass hysteria and persecuting parents at the same time.
Old 14-10-2006, 14:24   #28
God Member

what a load of tosh this is.... like to have seen someone trying to stop my sons dad trying to stop him filming our sons first footy match.....AS THE REF!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..