Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 14:44   #1

Fire crew attacks 'on the rise'

BBC NEWS | UK | Fire crew attacks 'on the rise'

This really pi**es me off. How can some mindless idiots possibly do this? Something ought to be done about it soon as its unacceptable. People who are saving lives, and being attacked whilst doing so! The figures are disgusting. Although Lancashire have the lowest attacks..

All I can say is I hope one of these mindless yobs find themselves in urgent need of firefighters one day, hopefully they wont make it on time.

If it was up to me, I'd give the firefighters under attack, permission to hose the attackers. They'd soon back off im sure.

Opinions?
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2008, 17:40   #2
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Fire crew attacks 'on the rise'

Its not just fire crews but paramedics too and believe it or not the police themselves and I recently read somewhere that funeral hearses have also become targets.

The idea of having a water cannon on a fire engine does have some merit especially as has been mentioned on Ceefax that an indelible dye should be included so that the thugs can be identified at some later time.

However I fear that all it will do is escalate the problem and the yobos would come along armed with something other than a few stones and bottles that they pick up at the scene, bad as they are.

The namby pamby doogooders would have a fit but the only answer is to chuck the thugs into prison with hard labour and send the keys on a slow boat to China and back.
Old 12-02-2008, 18:08   #3
Member.

Re: Fire crew attacks 'on the rise'

Name and shame the bastards, Local television, news media and big bald photos in the papers and community awareness campaigns. Make employers, schools and local commerce aware that this idiots are evil little gets bent on causing death and destruction in local communities. Let’s make sure these people know they aren’t going to be tolerated and then put them to work in work camps.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 18:22   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Name and shame the bastards, Local television, news media and big bald photos in the papers and community awareness campaigns. Make employers, schools and local commerce aware that this idiots are evil little gets bent on causing death and destruction in local communities. Let’s make sure these people know they aren’t going to be tolerated and then put them to work in work camps.
Now now, shavin' there heads is going a bit too far Doug
Old 12-02-2008, 18:25   #5
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Now now, shavin' there heads is going a bit too far Doug
Tattooing their foreheads might be going to far, but I think its worth a try.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 20:19   #6
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Fire crew attacks 'on the rise'

Bring back the ‘village’ stocks and maybe a ducking stool for the worst offenders.

Make them walk a greasy pole over a crocodile infested pond. Or would that be cruel to the crocs?
Old 14-02-2008, 20:36   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its cowardly,disgraceful, but they (the yobs) have NOTHING to fear, the do-good brigade have seen to that, surprised they aint infested this thread yet.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..