Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 19:42   #1
God Member

Food Festival

So anyone else go? It was sodding hard work pushing Siobhan in her pram to get anywhere near most of the stalls. I thought that whilst prices were on teh high side theer was a good selection of produce from people who obviously cared about their product. I'm lucky in that where I get my LPG in Knutsford has a farm shop where she sells all sorts of game and rare breed meats. She also has a couple of Polish chefs working for her and they do some delicious polish dishes

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2006, 04:45   #2

Re: Food Festival

I went for the first time not knowing what to expect. Possibly I was looking forward to survey a good sample of good local traditional food.

What I saw was an expensive array of marketing ploys to sell more product by providing new flavours to the punters: icecream; cheese; oils, honey;... Hardly traditional.

I was disappointed and will not bother in future years.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:59   #3
I am Banned

Ooooooo! It was also on at Ossy Mills aswell. It was ace. They had a chocolate fountain hmmmm... strawberries held under hot flowing chocolate! I think us staff had more free samples all day than the customers. I came home feeling veeeerrryy sick!
thomas_045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 14:07   #4

Personally , i enjoyed it but i spent a fortune!!!! some cheaper stall might be an idea for the future. Veggie Blackpudding is a winner as is Lancashire sauce!!!
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 14:19   #5
I am Banned

Yeah it did seem a bit expensive. But ah well... life goes on. The good was awesome though...
Old 03-04-2006, 16:02   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I enjoyed having a mosey round all of the stalls and trying out the different Lancashire cheeses. I tried that much stuff that I didn't need lunch Some things were overpriced, and I couldn't what relevance the stalls selling Spanish and Italian foods had to Lancashire. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 19:50   #7
God Member

Did it say it was a festival of lancashire food or just a food festival in Lancashire?

Old 03-04-2006, 20:05   #8
I am Banned

I think you might of said it was just a good festival in Lancashire Entwisi. But who knows eh.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:13   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It was advertised as the 9th Lancashire Food Festival, so I guess you can take that whichever way....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:32   #10
God Member

So they are perfectly within their rights to have 'foreign' foodsstuff there.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:41   #11
God Member

Did he "foreign" food stuff include German red sausage? Make great hotdogs them bangers.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 14:00   #12

I got some smoked peppered mackeral and it was absolutely delicious.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 18:28   #13
Senior Member+

We enjoyed it too! Much better having the marquee instead of cramming it all in the Town Hall.We got some great cheese;sausages and a couple of botttles of "Bumble " sauce which is very good indeed! Hope someone decides to sell it locally or will have to venture to the wilds of Ramsbottom!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..