Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2014, 08:57   #46
Senior Member+

Re: For attention of patients of Myrtle House Surgery

I have not had a problem with the "new" Myrtle House. You can ring at 8 in the morning for an appointment the same day. I went to the hypertension clinic last Tuesday dor an appointment I was invited to.the nurse took a blook sample and checked my blood pressure. I was asked to book another appointment for the following week which I did and was asked what time I wanted it and with which of the two doctors on duty that day. So far I cannot fault them.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2014, 09:24   #47
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Neil, I have to say that in my dealings with this practice(on behalf of Ma) I have been most impressed.
You don't even have to do battle with a dragon of a receptionist.
Everyone in the practice is kind and considerate...just what you need when you are ill and worried.
We have been with Rhyddings surgery for years Margaret and they've always been very accommodating. Like you say, the reception staff are lovely as are the nurses and doctors. We've always been able to see someone the same day if needed. Highly recommended!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:14   #48

I went into Myrtle house today as I had a problem with my eye. The Doctor I saw couldn't tell if it was conjunctivitis or a cold sore, both of which I've had before. The problem is, one requires antibiotics the other antivirals. He decided on antivirals but I don't want to use them in case they make my eye worse if it turns out to be conjunctivitis. (any advice on this would be welcome).
Also, on the way out I went to pick up two preordered scripts (both ordered at the same time on Tuesday, online), only one was ready, she couldn't or wouldn't print the other one off and said I would have to go back on Tuesday for it even though I said I would wait for it to be signed. A man behind me also waiting for a script was telling me how bad it is now, he and his family are looking for an alternative.
I have to say there were not very many patients in the waiting room, so maybe a lot have already left. I will be going to enquire at Rhyddings surgery next week.
Always had excellent service here before, I have been with this surgery since I was born, as have my children. I now despair.
JB x

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 14:03   #49
Senior Member+

My mother got a letter from Myrtle House on last Friday to say that Dr.Sharma was her named doctor. She used to be with Dr. Manuel.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:49   #50
Senior Member+

mh1.jpgMH2.jpg
My wife went to Myrtle House yesterday and picked up these flyers
Old 06-03-2015, 09:54   #51
Resting in Peace

I checked into the access over the Internet and its not operating at that surgery.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:37   #52
Junior Member+

Doctor Manjooran is the one I saw - twice. He was very rude and dismissive.
Thumbelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 20:12   #53
Senior Member+

Which Dr. Manjooran, Thomas or George?
Old 23-03-2015, 09:10   #54
Senior Member+

I rang this morning, repeated dialling without a break from 0759 to 0823 before I got an answer to make an appointment - considered to be urgent, chesty cough now for 5 days and getting worse every day.
No appointments available today - however the Doctor will telephone you, what good that will be God only knows as it is impossible to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe medication based on a telephone conversation.
"Please can I make an appointment for tomorrow then?" I asked. The response - Sorry we can't make future bookings - ring tomorrow morning at 0800.
Old 23-03-2015, 11:44   #55
Senior Member+

I rang the other week on Tuesday and because they was no appointments I made one for Friday the same week. Because I could not get to see a doctor I went to the walk in centre at Accy Vic and was seen in 45 mins. I had kept my appointment open at Myrtle House ( good job) because the doc at Accy Vic told me to see my G.P for refferall to Physio.
Old 23-03-2015, 18:21   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I rang the other week on Tuesday and because they was no appointments I made one for Friday the same week. Because I could not get to see a doctor I went to the walk in centre at Accy Vic and was seen in 45 mins. I had kept my appointment open at Myrtle House ( good job) because the doc at Accy Vic told me to see my G.P for refferall to Physio.
We went to Accrington Victoria, had to wait 1 1/2 hours but a very nice Doctor, very detailed examination and extremely careful about the anti-biotic prescription to ensure that there was no reaction with other medication. A Doctor from MH did telephone and my Son took the call - he rang on another number to the one I gave the receptionist this morning and my Son could not fully understand what he was saying.
Old 24-03-2015, 05:52   #57
Resting in Peace

About 3 weeks ago I put my back out as you might have read in the other thread
this is an old injury and it goes now and again
I was in a lot of pain but put up with it for a while as there is not much they can do so just put heat pads on
but the pain was so bad this time I could hardly move could not get upstairs to bed so slept on settee for 3 nights
but got fed-up with this and took a taxi to Accy Vic after 1 1/2 hour of a very painful wait got to see the doc
I told him I had pulled the muscles both sides of my spine he did a few checks
I was hoping he would inject it and numb it for me but no he gave me a scrip for Tramadol
the back pain has gone now BUT I think the tramadol has damaged my kidneys as I have a lot of pain in that area
and still cant get out the house for the pain
not been out the front door for over 3 weeks now and am getting really fed-up

Last edited by Mick; 24-03-2015 at 06:03.
Old 24-03-2015, 07:00   #58
Beacon of light

Mick you need to make an appointment to see your GP.....or get a taxi back to AVHand get seen.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:37   #59
Resting in Peace

Just phoned the docs at Myrtle house for an appointment
They could not get me in there but made me an appointment at the Acorn Center 7:30pm tonight.
When I asked which doc they said they are the same docs as at Myrtle house so it will be Dr sharma
Old 07-04-2015, 07:48   #60
Senior Member+

You can book appointments online now.My wife rang for an appointment last week and was told they had not that day. As she does not use the internet. I looked online and there was about 4 appointments at different times available, but you can only book them if you have registered at the surgery.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..