Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By accyman
  • 3 Post By vecrra
  • 4 Post By Bob Dobson
  • 2 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By MargaretR
  • 2 Post By jelly baby
  • 2 Post By vecrra
  • 1 Post By jelly baby

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2013, 10:08   #1

Former traffic cop guilty

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ild_sex_abuse/

Former Accrington policeman found guilty of historical child sex abuse.
Does anyone know him or had dealings with this man

Jelly Baby

Last edited by Neil; 19-10-2013 at 10:54. Reason: fix link
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2013, 10:12   #2
God Member

Re: Former traffic cop guilty

im gonna stick his name in here so peopel dont assume it was a very much loved traffic cop who also educated children on road safety

Jeffrey Lake, 78, was extradited from his home in Queensland, Australia

hes in for a great time in prison its one thing to be a pedo but a cop as well

hope hes not made plans for his 79th
jelly baby and vecrra like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 10:39   #3

Im a friend of one of the abused and hope now that they can get some peace within themselves now hes been brought to justice. The physical and mental trauma that he caused to them will never be forgotten. I hope he rots in hell.
Old 19-10-2013, 13:51   #4
Senior Member+

There is no sympathy for him amongst the retired bobbies I am in touch with.
jelly baby, vecrra, DAV007 and 1 others like this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 18:04   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Although I agree with the sentiment of he deserved to be punished (throw away the key).

I do wonder why the thread starter needs to know about folk that had dealings with him?

Those abused I imagine want to be left alone knowing that at last he is being punished.

Anything else just seems to be gossip.
Mick and maxthecollie like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 09:51   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Although I agree with the sentiment of he deserved to be punished (throw away the key).

I do wonder why the thread starter needs to know about folk that had dealings with him?

Those abused I imagine want to be left alone knowing that at last he is being punished.

Anything else just seems to be gossip.
He is a retired traffic cop and an absolute , there are to my certain knowledge, people in Accrington and Blackburn who would like to know that he is getting his come - uppance.
A man attended court every day for the fortnight cos he'd been pretty badly beaten up in the cells by Lake and one of his cronies in the 1960's. This is a fact as I was there too (in the court, not the cells!)and he showed me the newspaper report that he has kept for all these years.
JB x

Jelly Baby

Last edited by Neil; 20-10-2013 at 13:20. Reason: *'s
Old 20-10-2013, 09:59   #7
God Member

I knew his wife - we were work colleagues for decades - not exactly 'friends', but one year I had a glut of home grown lettuces and she had too many tomatoes, so we exchanged salad supplies.

She retired early too. I didn't keep in touch but have recently been told she left him and returned to UK a while ago.

I often thought how lucky some women were to find a husband they could tolerate living with for decades (I never did) - but now I think maybe some women just put up with horrendous husbands because they haven't the courage to get rid.
Eric likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 13:21   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I knew his wife - we were work colleagues for decades - not exactly 'friends', but one year I had a glut of home grown lettuces and she had too many tomatoes, so we exchanged salad supplies.

She retired early too. I didn't keep in touch but have recently been told she left him and returned to UK a while ago.

I often thought how lucky some women were to find a husband they could tolerate living with for decades (I never did) - but now I think maybe some women just put up with horrendous husbands because they haven't the courage to get rid.
It does work both ways, it's not always the wife doing the putting up with
Old 24-10-2013, 14:06   #9

Just seen him sentenced to 18 years.
Justice has been a long time coming.
vecrra and MargaretR like this.

Jelly Baby
Old 24-10-2013, 18:27   #10
Full Member+

Looks like hell rot in jail then. Listening to the news, he sounds like hes been a total bully all his life,what a scumbag. No doubt he'll placed on the 'beasts landing ' in prison for his own protection. Think he's about to find out how bullying feels on the other side.
Old 24-10-2013, 19:26   #11

Hope he survives until the penultimate day of his sentence. "Beasts landing", I hope some beast lands HIM one. Good to see justice done.
Less and jelly baby like this.
Old 24-10-2013, 20:20   #12
God Member

even nonces dont like nonces so he will get a beating regardless of where they put him

wont even be safe in solitary .Folk have a funny way of banging their heads just before they get put into solitary

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 20:41   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
even nonces dont like nonces so he will get a beating regardless of where they put him

wont even be safe in solitary .Folk have a funny way of banging their heads just before they get put into solitary
You know this from experience?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 14:25   #14

Apparently he's going to wymott (sp)? It's where most sex offenders go.

Jelly Baby
Old 25-10-2013, 14:29   #15

Just looked up Wymott prison, it's in Leyland and it sounds like a holiday camp. He was worried about being sent to Walton as there are people in there that know him through his days as a copper, methinks he should go there for the first couple of years!
JB
maxthecollie likes this.

Jelly Baby

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..