Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 00:06   #1
I am Banned

free from me 2 u

if anyone wants a email account with 1gb of storage post your email adress in this thread

i have 50 invites to send out to join gmail googles free email service

i have been using this since it came out and although other services have sinve copied google mail and upped to 1gb storage gmail is a lot better in many ways and i have not yet had 1 piece of spam mail

it has a totaly different way of organising emails and is much more efiicient but very easy to use at the same time

anyway reply with your email adress in this post as i dont want my pm box flooding with pm's

first cum first served
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2005, 06:32   #2
God Member

Re: free from me 2 u

Personally I don't like the idea that Google scan my persoanl email to add adverts that 'may be of interest' to me. Call me old fashioned but mail should be private.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:24   #3
Resident Waffler

I'm with entwisi on this one. I don't like posting my email address on a message board where the world and his wife can see it and send me all manner of rubbish either. I have enough trouble with the rubbish I've already got.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:55   #4
Senior Member+

Aren't there also spambots floating around that harvest email addresses on sites like this?

As with entwisi and willow, I am not happy to put my email address on a public message board.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:29   #5
I am Banned

ok anyone who wants one send me your email via pm
Old 03-03-2005, 12:31   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Personally I don't like the idea that Google scan my persoanl email to add adverts that 'may be of interest' to me. Call me old fashioned but mail should be private.
they dont do this but they sure do a good job of keeping spam email out of your email box

i understand that people dont want to post their email addys in a thread i didnt think of how easy this board was too find and how many people view this site who are not members

GMAIL is better in my opinion and more secure then aol , hotmail or yahoo etc

feel free to drop me a pm with your email guys and gals it wont cost you a thing and you can judge for your self how good it is

if you dont like it dont use it

as far as i know you can only get gmail by invitation and i have accumilated 50 invites over the past year and thought i would share them lol

Last edited by chav1; 03-03-2005 at 12:36.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:41   #7

I got an invite for it yesterday but didnt have a clue who sent it me so just deleted it
Old 03-03-2005, 12:42   #8
Junior Member+

Wink Re: free from me 2 u

yes your right i have read loads of personal info and only registerd today
starlight 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 13:00   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
I got an invite for it yesterday but didnt have a clue who sent it me so just deleted it
only way is by invite so proabably a friend sent it to you or somat
Old 03-03-2005, 13:30   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
only way is by invite so proabably a friend sent it to you or somat
dont know who it was ive never heard of the email name before who sent it me thats why i didnt trust it
Old 03-03-2005, 14:23   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
dont know who it was ive never heard of the email name before who sent it me thats why i didnt trust it
pm me your email i will send u one and this tiem u know where its from :-)

3 people taken the offer up so far

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..