Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2007, 18:32   #1

Free Holiday

Pretty sure that the majority of accy webbers has had a phone call saying that they have won a free holiday, and that if you go along on a certain date to a certain place and listen to a short presentation then you can claim your holiday. They also asure you that it is not a timeshare company. I know i've certainly had my share of phone calls offering me a free holiday. Just wondering if anyone has actually gone along and sat through the presentation (were i am convinced they try and sell you a timeshare). If so did you actually get a holiday without having to buy anything? When i have received one of these phone calls i usually put the phone down.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2007, 19:06   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Free Holiday

i won a free holiday in a competition i never entered,by e-mail pmsl, but the enticement was a £50-00 voucher for M@S, debenhams, n a few more shops the choice was ours. so we drove down near haydock races to a nice suite got coffee n biccys, spent about 2 hrs listening to the speil, also got a free weeks holiday (with approx £100) to pay in supplements if we took it.also we would have to visit the timeshare while there,but NO obligation, so we said no thanks, took the £50 voucher n stopped for a meal on the way home, gotta say while we were there although they are flogging timeshares,was NO pressure to buy,so from our viewpoint it was an enjoyable afternoon out n paris ended up with £50 to spend on clothes at M@S. so my advice is make sure yer getting summat for going sara,then its worth it. that was about 3 months ago,funnily enough we have just won another holiday today pmsl, weve got a dvd to watch n a freephone number to ring,so will check that one out.
Old 16-08-2007, 19:08   #3
God Member

I dont get those nuisance calls
Register at telephone preference service
TPS Registration
It may take several weeks to take full effect

PS Cashy you opened spam hope you have anti virus protection

Last edited by MargaretR; 16-08-2007 at 19:14.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 19:12   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I dont get those nuisance calls
Register at telephone preference service
TPS Registration
It may take several weeks to take full effect
ah we never get them as its ex-directory,but get em by e-mail lol
Old 16-08-2007, 19:13   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i won a free holiday in a competition i never entered,by e-mail pmsl, but the enticement was a £50-00 voucher for M@S, debenhams, n a few more shops the choice was ours. so we drove down near haydock races to a nice suite got coffee n biccys, spent about 2 hrs listening to the speil, also got a free weeks holiday (with approx £100) to pay in supplements if we took it.also we would have to visit the timeshare while there,but NO obligation, so we said no thanks, took the £50 voucher n stopped for a meal on the way home, gotta say while we were there although they are flogging timeshares,was NO pressure to buy,so from our viewpoint it was an enjoyable afternoon out n paris ended up with £50 to spend on clothes at M@S. so my advice is make sure yer getting summat for going sara,then its worth it. that was about 3 months ago,funnily enough we have just won another holiday today pmsl, weve got a dvd to watch n a freephone number to ring,so will check that one out.
Yes pmsl indeed!
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 19:16   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Yes pmsl indeed!
please decipher 'pmsl' (sorry to be so ignorant)

Ta for the translation by PM Cashy

Last edited by MargaretR; 16-08-2007 at 19:20.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 19:16   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Yes pmsl indeed!
yeh Aleks,its a matter of what ya get out of it,n how ya play it, those that give ya nowt,or have an expensive phone call to make- stuff em.
Old 16-08-2007, 20:54   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Pretty sure that the majority of accy webbers has had a phone call saying that they have won a free holiday, and that if you go along on a certain date to a certain place and listen to a short presentation then you can claim your holiday. They also asure you that it is not a timeshare company. I know i've certainly had my share of phone calls offering me a free holiday. Just wondering if anyone has actually gone along and sat through the presentation (were i am convinced they try and sell you a timeshare). If so did you actually get a holiday without having to buy anything? When i have received one of these phone calls i usually put the phone down.
My partner and i went along a couple of years ago. They didnt try to sell a timeshare to us(but we didnt get all the way through the meeting) but i wasnt 25 at the time! We had to fill out a form whch asks you how much you earn and if you have a holiday home, blah, blah, blah. When we handed to form in they pulled us to one side and said we didnt qualify because i wasnt 25!!! We still got all the stuff through for the holiday but never went on it because the dates were all really awkward and not suitable for us. Needless to say i wont go on another.
Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 21:38   #9
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Free Holiday

I like nuisance phone calls. I can tell them where to go in varying degrees of bluntness and it makes me feel better. Strange that I don’t seem to get all that many these days. I wonder why? Do you think it could be something that I said?

However I do get quite a few calls when someone dials 01245 instead of 01254. We have a brief chat where I explain their mistake and they usually apologise profusely for disturbing me to which I respond, “That’s OK I had to answer the phone anyway.” This obviously leaves them totally mystified and probably convinced that they got through to a local nut house.

Yeh! What does PMSL mean? The best that I can come up with is Please Make Special Lager or Peter Makes Sarah Laugh or Pixies Make Sugar Lumps but they don’t seem to fit.

Last edited by jambutty; 16-08-2007 at 21:44.
jambutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 21:46   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post

Yeh! What does PMSL mean? The best that I can come up with is Please Make Special Lager or Peter Makes Sarah Laugh or Pixies Make Sugar Lumps but they don’t seem to fit.
Funny how it's said in almost every thread yet today 2 people have asked what it means lol.
Its P****** Myself Laughing.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 22:04   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Funny how it's said in almost every thread yet today 2 people have asked what it means lol.
Its P****** Myself Laughing.
It’s always better to ask than remain in ignorance.

However your explanation is PML not PMSL.
Old 16-08-2007, 23:13   #12
God Member

P***d my sides laughing is teh correct term

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 12:51   #13
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
P***d my sides laughing is teh correct term
Much obliged.
Old 17-08-2007, 17:14   #14

Hubby and I have taken a few of these free holidays. Basically, its 7 nights accommodation in a 4* hotel, usually in the Canaries, sometimes on Spanish mainland, you get your own flights. You are expected to attend a presentation when you are there, its part of the offer, if you don't attend you would be charged for the accommodation.
We just go along, listen to the spiel, say 'no thanks' and leave. If you play it right you can get a good holiday in quality accommodation quite cheaply. We have had loads of freebies from these companies, when in Florida we got free tickets for 4 into Disney just for a couple of hours of our time, it saved us over £100 in entrance fees.
If you can be flexible with holidays you can get a good deal.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 13:17   #15

i want a free holiday after listening to a sxzhort presentation

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..