Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2017, 05:33   #271
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: General Election called

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
will these be ugandan princes or pirates ?
And here's me thinking that it was only Nigerians & Somalis that had the above, ah well, diversity is such a wonderful thing!
Old 28-05-2017, 22:28   #272
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And here's me thinking that it was only Nigerians & Somalis that had the above, ah well, diversity is such a wonderful thing!
these pirates sell you dodgy DVD's and other copyrighted material

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 22:29   #273
God Member

Refuse to vote labour for three reasons,

1) jeremy corbyn,

2) dianne abbott!!
BOB and Margaret Pilkington like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 29-05-2017, 06:22   #274
Beacon of light

I like your reasoning Accyman
accyman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 09:30   #275
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Refuse to vote labour for three reasons,

1) jeremy corbyn,

2) dianne abbott!!
I presume the Abbotpotamous gets counted as two?
cashman and Gremlin like this.
Old 29-05-2017, 10:41   #276
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as i'm concerned this election was called to give the government a stronger hand to negotiate "BREXIT" NO other reason, Corbyn has made this into a policy election, simply cos he dont want to discuss Brexit, whist policies are important, the election was never called for that, as far as i'm concerned they should be sorted big time AFTER Brexit.
Old 29-05-2017, 16:19   #277
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I think he must have gone to the same school of counting she did
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 16:52   #278
God Member

Quote:
i was using a mathematical algorithm specially formulated for the school where Diane Abbot learned math

Old 29-05-2017, 17:06   #279
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
i was using a mathematical algorithm specially formulated for the school where Diane Abbot learned math
Ah! you mean the school, (though I believe they call it a 'University') of labour lies and skulduggery?

I understand that our (hopefully to be ex) M.P. passed with 95% dishonours.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 17:11   #280
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as i'm concerned this election was called to give the government a stronger hand to negotiate "BREXIT" NO other reason....
Spot on, Cashy. There is only question to be asked of a candidate - did you vote Leave or Remain?
Only once we've extricated our country from the anti-democratic EuroEmpire can our elections return to dealing with other (important) issues.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 19:40   #281
God Member

Diane Abbot very recently blamed her support for the IRA on a large afro hair style she had in the 80's

sounds plausible i remember been quite the Asshole when i had long hair

now i have short hair ......hmmm

maybe no so plausible

Old 29-05-2017, 19:41   #282
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Spot on, Cashy. There is only question to be asked of a candidate - did you vote Leave or Remain?
Only once we've extricated our country from the anti-democratic EuroEmpire can our elections return to dealing with other (important) issues.
or how they reacted when things didn't go their way as in

did they act with dignity

or

trash the local community and throw a hissy fit

Old 31-05-2017, 16:49   #283
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

So, as I have already said several times on here, I won't be voting for Mr. Jones this time around even if he could guarantee that I won the Euro millions (will we still be able to play after Brexit?).

It even looks like I may well be voting for Theresa's representative Kevin Horkin, now, I know little about the man I did receive some blurb through the letterbox and it does give emphasis on us being strong heading for Brexit which none of the other politico's bullshine seems to regard as important (or maybe they are frightened to death even to mention the subject).

In his three point summary, point 2 'our town centres have been left to decline under labour, including the closure of M&S in Accrington.'

I blame old Jonesy for many things, I don't think I can blame him for a multi-million company deciding enough is enough, perhaps Mr. Horkin would like to come on site and explain this to me and any others that may be interested, he could perhaps give us a more detailed explanation of how he, in comparison to good old Graham can put things right for our district?

It would be nice to hear from one of our candidates at such an important time and 'tother mon doesn't seem overly keen does he?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 17:27   #284
Beacon of light

We were visited today by the Tory Team(it wasn't Kevin Horkin...but some underling)...sadly I didn't get to ask any questions because himself went to the door.
I was putting washing away upstairs and by the time I got downstairs himself had promised to vote for them and they had gone(himself promises every doorstepper that we will vote for them...just to get rid of them).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 20:33   #285
I am Banned

660 million has been cut from Labour run NHS Wales over the last three years according to the Welsh TUC.

The 'Bedroom Tax' was part of the Welfare Reform Act 2007 proposed by Labour.

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS. They brought in the 2006 NHS Act that introduced competition into the NHS.

Labour councils employed nearly 23,000 people on zero-hour contracts.

The devastating impact of Labour's raid on pensions: The tax grab has cost workers £118bn since 1997 seems like they're complaining about Tories doing policy's that they did first tbh

Labour sold arms to Libya in return for oil under tony Blair

Hmm all things that labour have accused Tories of, they did themselves
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..