Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2007, 14:25   #1
Senior Member+

George Clothes

I've just been to Asda, and decided to look for a new top for work. I saw a really nice top, and was looking at the sizes and noticed a size 4 (the infamous American size 0) I thought maybe it was a mistake, but looking at all the other clothes they all had size 4's. I picked up a pair of jeans and took it to the childrens section, it was the same size a 8-9 year old.

Now i'm not saying that their isn't size 4 women, but I think that by putting this size in somewhere like Asda it could give impressionable young girls the idea that it looks good. I know the size issue has been done many times in various threads, but I thought this point should be highlighted.

Oh and I bought a top in the end, a nice healthy size 12.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2007, 14:29   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: George Clothes

crikey that is really silly, my 13 year old is a size 12 (shes 5ft 10) and she looks slim if she was a size 4 i wud be worried!!
Old 13-01-2007, 15:17   #3
God Member

Cant expect owt else as Asda is owned by Walmart. At least as far as I have seen there aint any issue like that in the mens/lads section.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:16   #4

Would you be concerned if the started stocking size 30 ? That could be seen as promoting obeseity.

Its a dress size, and I may not be an expert but ASDA isn't the most influencial figure in teen/pre-teen fashion.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:20   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post

Oh and I bought a top in the end, a nice healthy size 12.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:27   #6
Resident Waffler

My 15 year old buys size 14 - she likes them a bit baggy.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 20:28   #7
God Member

I have to agree with SamF, its just a size, very small yes, I know some people are naturally skeletal, its not something I'd aspire to be. I dont think that shops stocking these sizes would make someone want to be that thin, I know teens are very impressionable but more likely to get their ideas from tv and glossy mags.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 21:45   #8
Resident Waffler

Didn't some shops used to stock a range they classified as "petite"? Those size 4 are scarily small though but it's nice for everybody of diffrent sizes to be able to have the same choice. I remember someone who used to buy children's clothes because adult sizes didn't fit her. Mind you she got them cheaper because there was no VAT on kids clothes.

Old 13-01-2007, 23:20   #9
God Member

ASDA are ridiculous with their sizing, I couldn't buy there even if I wanted to! You can tell it's American sizing's. So ... if I try a size 8 that looks like a 10/12 on me maybe a size 4 will fit

The only local place in Accy with decent petite sizing is Dotty P's
Old 14-01-2007, 00:09   #10

Alot of people slag george's cloths off but i think they are a good place to get cloths from.

Im not into fasion and like simple comfy cloths (im old fashioned lol )
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 00:10   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
ASDA are ridiculous with their sizing, I couldn't buy there even if I wanted to! You can tell it's American sizing's. So ... if I try a size 8 that looks like a 10/12 on me maybe a size 4 will fit

LOL i just look for the XL mens hehe
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 09:30   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAlec View Post
LOL i just look for the XL mens hehe
A young lad like you should not be looking at Miss T.Belle's backside.
Old 14-01-2007, 11:18   #13
I am Banned

Quote:

i bet its been murder for you trying to find a decent place to buy clothes since toymaster shut down in accy but dont despair toys R us stock both barbie and sindy fashion wear but admitidly the range is limited to ballroom gowns and horse riding gear but they do have a few items of beech wear
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 13:28   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
i bet its been murder for you trying to find a decent place to buy clothes since toymaster shut down in accy but dont despair toys R us stock both barbie and sindy fashion wear but admitidly the range is limited to ballroom gowns and horse riding gear but they do have a few items of beech wear

me reckons your in trouble
Old 14-01-2007, 13:40   #15
Resident Waffler

Quote:

This is a very good point. I do wish shops would be consistent with their sizing. It can be as much as 3 sizes different between different shops. Shouldn't there be some kind of official ruling?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..