Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 13:11   #1
Wez

Girl, 16, held in murder probe?!?

Taken from the Lancashire Evening Telegraph 11/01/2005
(© Copyright 2005Newsquest Media Group)

Girl, 16, held in murder probe
A 16-YEAR-OLD girl has been arrested on the suspicion of murdering her mother's boyfriend.

The 34-year-old man was found with stab wounds to his neck at his home in Royds Street, Barnfield, Accrington, at 11.30pm yesterday. He was taken to Blackburn Infirmary but was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.

The girl was due to be questioned today by officers from Accrington police's public protection unit who are specially trained in interviewing children.

I take it everyone's heard this story in the news today? I have only read the Telegraph's article and that's enough to have shocked me greatly, I can only speculate as to why this happened but whatever the case it's a tragedy.

Old 11-01-2005, 15:28   #2
God Member

Re: Girl, 16, held in murder probe?!?

The police have been near my house all night,they arrived at about 00.10 last night arrested a female, they are still guarding the house now and the forensic team have been today, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what happened on royds street as I live up ferngore but it has been interesting. Never seen so many police in my life did'nt think accy had that many lol.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 15:30   #3
Wez

I just can't believe it is all, how could a 16 year old girl be driven to such lengths?
Old 11-01-2005, 15:37   #4
God Member

We can all sit in judgement but we don't really know what went on behind closed doors do we,was it self defence?? was she protecting her mum from him?? we dont know like i said
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 22:37   #5
Resident Waffler

I posted a link to the story online but it seems to have been deleted so maybe I'm not allowed to do that, in which case I apologise.

It would be good though if whoever deleted it could inform me if that was the reason so I know in future not to make the same mistake again.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 22:43   #6
Roy
Administrator

Willow, according to the moderator log there has been nothing deleted. Are you sure it went through OK? Please feel free to re-post the link.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 22:49   #7
Resident Waffler

Oooh that's peculiar. I'm sure I saw it sitting there large as life. Spooks in the AccyWeb?

Anyway. here we go again.

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/la...TTOPNEWS1.html

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 23:28   #8
Always EVIL within us

Oops, Not your day Willow, All I get is "Site not Responding..Error 502"
Old 12-01-2005, 06:25   #9
God Member

OK now Busman
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:40   #10
God Member

Now made BBC News website ticker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/4167045.stm
Old 12-01-2005, 11:43   #11
Senior Member+

yeah also on sky news
Old 12-01-2005, 12:41   #12

i think it is realy sad that people go to such length's as murder to gain so little
Old 12-01-2005, 14:04   #13
God Member

Do we know what has happened yet? Who says it wasn't self defence or due to some other circumstance? I thought we were innocent until proven guilty in this country.
Old 12-01-2005, 16:04   #14
Senior Member+

I'll reserve judgement till i know the facts.It's a shame this has happened and ruined two lives.
Old 17-09-2016, 23:24   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
We can all sit in judgement but we don't really know what went on behind closed doors do we,was it self defence?? was she protecting her mum from him?? we dont know like i said
I know EXACTLY what happened.I am the mother of the victim.Loads of crap being speculated.As the telegraph STATED TOTALLY UNPROVOKED ATTACK. I know,because I read all the statements.It WAS NOT SELF DEFENCE she WAS NOT DEFENDING her mother,my son was defending the mother.
The only thing I don't know is why the batch got away with a 3 year community order.In her statement she admitted that she picked up a knife,decided it wasn't big enough and changed it for a bigger one.That says to me,and anyone with a brain PREMEDITATED ,she also said she didn't MEAN to hurt my son but she stabbed him with such force the blade broke a bone in my sons neck.
So for all who speculated he must have........whatever....now you know the truth.She was and is an evil little bitch who has NEVER said she was sorry.
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..