Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2012, 12:23   #16
God Member

Re: Give your time for free if you work at Blackburn Hospital.....

How about the top brass at Hutton go and do 20 hours unpaid overtime a week as Specials at Blackburn Hospital, problem solved :|)
Old 24-04-2012, 12:26   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Lots of people work full time jobs and then volunteer as special constables. I don't like the idea of special constables anyway but some might like the idea of looking after their friends and colleagues in this way.
most poeple who do teh specials job have ordianry jobs with decent hours so they have the spare time but as we know nurses etc work extreemly long irregular hours and i think it is unfair to ask them to work extra for free.If one of these nurses gets injured working as a special then they wont be able to work as a nurse on tehir next shift so the ER will either be down one nurse or have to get a much more expensive agencey nurse in to cover tehir shift until better or put extra workload on to the nurses .

i know a few specials infact one is a police comunications officer who also works as a special for free in their spare time but if they had to woprk teh long hours nurses do they have said they wouldnt do teh specials job as it would be too demanding and leave them with not only hardly any social life but too tired to do tehir paid job propperly

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 14:10   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

How many hours a week do nurses work? Must be some part time ones as well as full time. Working irregular hours could be an advantage though as they could do a couple of hours at the end of their shift.

I don't agree its a good idea because I don't like specials, I think many are used with suggestions they might get a real PC job by volunteering first.

The hospital management are responsible for the health and safety of the hospital staff. If staff are being injured/threatened etc at work it is the fault of the management for not protecting those staff. If it is as serious a problem as suggested (and I think it is) why are staff not reporting it to the HSE to investigate?
Old 24-04-2012, 20:57   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

So there you are in an ordinary job putting in you 40 hours a week and your boss comes along and tells you, you will have to do an extra 4 hours a week because he no longer uses any security guards to protect the premises.
What would be your reaction?
Would it be a two word sentence, the second word of which would probably be OFF!
Well I wouldn't blame hospital staff if that was their reaction.
It's all very well, claiming we should have a big society, but 10 people offering 4 hours a week means the management can cut the real security staff by one.
These guys surely have a right to be employed to do their job, without the threat of co-workers forcing them onto the dole?

Last edited by Less; 24-04-2012 at 21:03.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 21:10   #20
God Member

no comment and you wonder why they are going on strike
Old 24-04-2012, 21:21   #21
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
These guys surely have a right to be employed to do their job, without the threat of co-workers forcing them onto the dole?
Does the NHS employ security guards or are they on contract?
If they are directly employed are they also being asked to give up their spare time to do their own jobs on a voluntary basis?
Seems crazy if they are.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 21:37   #22
Senior Member+

I was in A & E at Blackburn on Sunday night/Monday morning with my mum and there was two blokes walking round built like brick whatsit houses. They wer wearing black uniforms with Security on the back.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 21:11   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I was in A & E at Blackburn on Sunday night/Monday morning with my mum and there was two blokes walking round built like brick whatsit houses. They wer wearing black uniforms with Security on the back.
rent a bully
AccyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 23:24   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyChris View Post
rent a bully
Ahh but if people didnt act like scum they wouldnt be needed.Iv witnessed scumbags kicking off infront of children who are ill at queens park hospital and to top it off because the moron punched the glass and cut himself badly he got put to the front of teh que.

should have left him to bleed out on the carpark

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 23:40   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyChris View Post
rent a bully
No unfortunately "protecting other patients" would be a more apt statement. Perhaps if there was a bit more respect around these days security guards wouldn't be needed in our hospitals
Old 25-04-2012, 23:41   #26
God Member

Hospitals round my way have used private security for years and maybe that is the same all over the country..I've no idea what sort of training these security "guards" have but to expect nurses or basic staff (part time or whatever) to have a days training and then tackle nutters in thier spare time is silly and based on a cost cutting idealogy that usually ends up costing more.

Last edited by Mancie; 25-04-2012 at 23:44.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 05:37   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Ahh but if people didnt act like scum they wouldnt be needed.Iv witnessed scumbags kicking off infront of children who are ill at queens park hospital and to top it off because the moron punched the glass and cut himself badly he got put to the front of teh que.

should have left him to bleed out on the carpark
here here
AccyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 06:35   #28
Senior Member+

They are part time brain surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I've no idea what sort of training these security "guards" have
Old 26-04-2012, 07:42   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
So there you are in an ordinary job putting in you 40 hours a week and your boss comes along and tells you, you will have to do an extra 4 hours a week because he no longer uses any security guards to protect the premises.
What would be your reaction?
They are being asked not forced, big difference.

My reaction would be no thank you, I do enough free volunteering work as it is. My company is asking for volunteers to work with local charities so I may do some volunteer days if they are in an area that interests me.
Old 26-04-2012, 07:44   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
It's all very well, claiming we should have a big society, but 10 people offering 4 hours a week means the management can cut the real security staff by one.
Very true but it could also mean they can employ more nurses/doctors etc, in reality it would probably allow them to keep more management positions though

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..