Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2013, 17:37   #1
Resting in Peace

Go Home signs

Signs warn illegal immigrants 'Go home or face arrest' | London - ITV News&

I can't believe that some people are complaining about these signs, they are just telling people who are in this country illegally that if they are caught they will be arrested and prosecuted, so it would be better if the sod of home, what do you think
Bagpuss, flashy, Eric and 5 others like this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2013, 18:06   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Go Home signs

Have just watched this on the news, the van was neither racist nor offensive, Yet Labour objected to it, One reason why i will never bother wi em again, after a lifetimes support.
Bagpuss and BERNADETTE like this.
Old 09-08-2013, 18:11   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have just watched this on the news, the van was neither racist nor offensive, Yet Labour objected to it, One reason why i will never bother wi em again, after a lifetimes support.
Maybe our MP will pop on and explain to his flock why his party are against this, after all wasn't it Tony and Gordon who opened the flood gates and lets so many in, in the first place. I wouldn't be holding my breath even if I could
Bagpuss likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 18:33   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Signs warn illegal immigrants 'Go home or face arrest' | London - ITV News&

I can't believe that some people are complaining about these signs, they are just telling people who are in this country illegally that if they are caught they will be arrested and prosecuted, so it would be better if the sod of home, what do you think
I find the signs to be pathetic, surely it shows how out of control illegal immigration is?
When we have to ask illegals to go home of their own accord? Just because if we catch them, it will cost us a fortune when we try to deport them and they get to live here FOC whilst their appeal goes through! It seems to be one of the only remaining forms of legal aid still allowed. Oh hang on, child murderers and abusers, they also get looked after, just try being born here, and behaving yourself, (no matter what colour you are), you will be crapped on.

BERNADETTE and Restless like this.

Last edited by Less; 09-08-2013 at 18:38.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 18:47   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Maybe our MP will pop on and explain to his flock why his party are against this, after all wasn't it Tony and Gordon who opened the flood gates and lets so many in, in the first place. I wouldn't be holding my breath even if I could
Nope within my lifetime good old Enoch, remember him a member of that party you left.

He encouraged the beginning of immigration promising pavements of gold and a warm welcome, then when he realised that his immigrants were taking jobs from indigent workers he did his classic back pedal and announced the river of blood thing.
Well, fortunately we haven't had the river of blood but we didn't need immigrants taking low paid jobs at even lower rates, thanks Enoch, you were too clever by half!
cashman likes this.
Old 09-08-2013, 19:17   #6
Beacon of light

Surely, most of these illedgal immigrants won't be able to read it, and telling them they will be arrested is just a huge joke(and if they could read it they would be laughing at such a pathetic ruse to try and get them to go home)...how many people do you think have been arrested and deported........I don't know the number, but I would hazard a guess that it isn't very many.
For goodness sake our border controls were so slack that we don't actually know how many of them there are, who they are or where they are.
If it wasn't so serious it would be a huge joke.
cashman, BERNADETTE and Gremlin like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 19:24   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Whilst that is perfectly true Margaret, Fact is Pathetic or not it is certainly not racist or offensive, like these clowns are trying to make out.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:38   #8
Beacon of light

No it isn't racist, it is just blooming useless, a lot like those people who sit in the Palace of Westminster and pretend to know what is good for us.(like wind farms, the EU and foreign aid)
Bagpuss and maxthecollie like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:25   #9
God Member

its not the go home one the government is worried about its teh others they have been driving around exposing george osbourns expenses but would be badpress if they targeted them for that so have chosen this one as it looks like government is just trying to be fair

we it dosnt but its probbably what they think

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:39   #10
God Member

they would be better employing people to stop them coming in in the first place. There Is at least 7000 less border staff than there was when the tories come in.it would be interesting who is collecting the £22,000 grand a week these posters cost. which is really scary, is the snatch squads looking for illegals at the train stations in London . I heard there is at least 100 people going to sue as they were British citizens and were picked because of their colour
Old 10-08-2013, 08:41   #11
God Member

these signs are useless anyway . they will really encourage people to hand themselves in lol
Old 10-08-2013, 08:44   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
these signs are useless anyway . they will really encourage people to hand themselves in lol
We all know the signs are useless, But the ones you bang on about opened the floodgates, care to say anything about that?
Bagpuss likes this.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:20   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We all know the signs are useless, But the ones you bang on about opened the floodgates, care to say anything about that?

and milliband would open them further hes all for it and upon strict instruction so are his underlings

well they are if they want a nice cushy job
Bagpuss likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:30   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
and milliband would open them further hes all for it and upon strict instruction so are his underlings

well they are if they want a nice cushy job
Funny how Cmon always sods off n logs out when yeh ask him questions like this.?
Bagpuss likes this.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:36   #15

Perhaps the signs could be improved?

If you are an illegal immigrant, we will send you home first class air fare and enough shekels to last you for three years if you grass on four of your mates.
Get them beggars to work for us, then chuck them on a tramp steamer telling them that the money was confiscated because they earned it without a work visa!
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..