Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 08:06   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Go vote!

This is absurd, like i said,voting is free and u dont have to vote, why does people keep on and on about it, we are all adults and we do what we want, vote or not vote
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2008, 08:07   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
If you ladies had a problem with other ladies not voting why did you not react to the first lady who said she wasn't voting?? You are trying to bully Yolanda and I hope she can rise above it go on Yolanda.If you look back through the thread Flashy was the first one who said she wasn't voting(not that anything to do with anybody else who votes or not). Sorry Flashy if I got you involved but this is getting beyond a joke.

dont worry about it Bernie, i totally agree with what you are saying, i didnt vote, so why not have a go at me just as Lindsay did? its a free country, leave Yolanda alone, she can do what she wants, vote for who she wants, if she chooses not to vote for anyone as i did then thats upto her
Old 02-05-2008, 08:42   #78

I didnt vote either.

Who wants to shoot me??

I've no excuse, have been busy but could have gone. Why didnt I vote? In the locals I dont. The general, I will be there. The only reason I was tempted was to put in a protest vote against our present Government.

Think its amusing though, how this political thread has no political arguments, just a lot of b*tching between individuals, and seemingly mild posts being taken to heart. Have i missed the school bell yet?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:54   #79
God Member

Goodness me, Yolanda, sorry didn't mean to cause offence but to be honest I don't think I did with you did I?

I do believe everyone should vote, it's their right! However, I wasn't picking on you for not voting, simply that work in itself shouldn't be your excuse. If you don't vote, then say you don't vote, not got a problem with it but what I do have a problem with is someone, and we all know who that is, trying to make a problem when there isn't one!

As for Flashytart - excellent thing you did, ripping your voting paper up - I was almost about to do that myself but at the last minute chickened out. I agree that 'none of the above' should be a box on the ballot paper.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:57   #80
Give, give, give member

Although personally I have always voted, unless the law is changed, we also have the right not to vote.

A low turn out also sends a message to our politicans.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:24   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

As for Flashytart - excellent thing you did, ripping your voting paper up - I was almost about to do that myself but at the last minute chickened out. I agree that 'none of the above' should be a box on the ballot paper.

i went down with my dad yesterday at 8.30 am neither of us had any intentions of voting for anyone knowing who was up for election, like i said, i gave in my card, got the ballot paper then ripped it up and gave it back to the two women who handed it to me, i must say that their face was a picture, i dont think they quite knew what to do with the ballot paper, all the bitching and bickering that has come to light through this thread is so pathetic, who gives anyone the right to dictate to anyone else? especially when they dont know the facts. As for 'none of the above' being a box, no, i would just have liked a third choice, why should i be made or expected to vote for EITHER Labour or Conservative?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:53   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post

i went down with my dad yesterday at 8.30 am neither of us had any intentions of voting for anyone knowing who was up for election, like i said, i gave in my card, got the ballot paper then ripped it up and gave it back to the two women who handed it to me, i must say that their face was a picture, i dont think they quite knew what to do with the ballot paper, all the bitching and bickering that has come to light through this thread is so pathetic, who gives anyone the right to dictate to anyone else? especially when they dont know the facts. As for 'none of the above' being a box, no, i would just have liked a third choice, why should i be made or expected to vote for EITHER Labour or Conservative?
Well flashy as you know I've like you did yesterday, in fact it made me smile, But I would have gone into the booth and writen something accross the paper, B******s maybe, then at least it would have made it to the count, not sure if ripping it up does or not, but at least you made a point and I applaud you for that
Old 02-05-2008, 09:56   #83
God Member

We got a ripped one at one of the Hull counts Ripped, scribbled on, whatever, it still counts as a vote I think because you took the effort to go there and do it.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00   #84
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Go vote!

Quote:
Goodness me, Yolanda, sorry didn't mean to cause offence but to be honest I don't think I did with you did I?

I do believe everyone should vote, it's their right! However, I wasn't picking on you for not voting, simply that work in itself shouldn't be your excuse. If you don't vote, then say you don't vote, not got a problem with it but what I do have a problem with is someone, and we all know who that is, trying to make a problem when there isn't one!

MMM u either cant read properly or dont want to undestand what im saying, im not bothered about your comment or about anyone elses, like i said im free to vote or not, i havent had a go at you, what annoys me is people keep going on about something like you and other people did thats all, i could of gone to vote, i decided not to end of story.
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:01   #85
God Member

if i voted for labour Cyfr that would have taken a vote off the conservatives, if i had voted for conservatives it would have taken a vote off labour, as i voted for neither, neither lost or gained a vote (i'm sure you know what i mean)
Old 02-05-2008, 10:15   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
MMM u either cant read properly or dont want to undestand what im saying, im not bothered about your comment or about anyone elses, like i said im free to vote or not, i havent had a go at you, what annoys me is people keep going on about something like you and other people did thats all, i could of gone to vote, i decided not to end of story.

So now I can't win whatever I say.

I apologised for possibly having a go at you when I wasn't. I didn't make a big deal about it but I flippin well will now.

It wasn't me who kept dragging it up - it was someone else who appeared to want to make an argument with me and almost called me a racist for me picking up on something you said! My comment to you was fairly innocuous and not having a go at you at all. I realise you don't care what I think and I completely accept that but someone wanted to make us have an argument and it looks like he's succeeded!

So now that is 'end of story'.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:27   #87
God Member

Quote:
So now I can't win whatever I say.

I apologised for possibly having a go at you when I wasn't. I didn't make a big deal about it but I flippin well will now.

It wasn't me who kept dragging it up - it was someone else who appeared to want to make an argument with me and almost called me a racist for me picking up on something you said! My comment to you was fairly innocuous and not having a go at you at all. I realise you don't care what I think and I completely accept that but someone wanted to make us have an argument and it looks like he's succeeded!

So now that is 'end of story'.
Spin is not dead..........Racist?.........Rubbish.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:17   #88
Super Moderator

I LOVE Accyweb!

For only here could a casual remark by a member about not voting lead to a full-blown row, complete with dark mutterings about "bullying" and "racism".

Classic stuff!

Who needs soaps when you've got Accyweb?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
The way this mini witch hunt is going I think Yolanda and her family would be better off in Spain where the future of her children would be well looked after and would be welcomed without predjudice.

Take a look at this earlier post of yours and if you aren't implying that we're racist towards Yolanda because she's Spanish what exactly are you trying to say!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:27   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Maybe so, but you and I have a good command of the English habits and language but it could be that Yolanda is not fully conversant with our does and dont's......Spanish don't forget...and no detriment to the Spanish......I think I've said it before give her a chance to learn and don't kick her in the teeth.
Thats what I said............I stick by that.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..