Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2011, 18:14   #16

Re: Good Friday

Might be being ignorant here, but what is fish if it is not meat.
Seeing as some vegitarians will not eat meat but will eat fish am i to beleaive that fish are vegetables???? It's something that has always struck me as strange.
I'm also certain that no matter what i eat it won't make a differance in the great scheme of things.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2011, 18:32   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whats always struck me as strange also Alan, is how the day came to be called Good Friday? was J.C. some kinda masochist?
Old 21-04-2011, 18:42   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whats always struck me as strange also Alan, is how the day came to be called Good Friday? was J.C. some kinda masochist?
You shud up cashy nout wrong with a guy who can turn water into wine and cater for fife thousand using five loaves and two fishes
Old 21-04-2011, 18:45   #19
Senior Member+

My mum doesnt go to any shops on Good Friday, she doesnt think that it is right to have them open.
She told me earlier that she thought Good Friday is more important than Easter Sunday to her.

I will be eating fish tomorrow, something that we were brought up on so just carried it on. May even go to church with my Mum.....................if its raining!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 18:47   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You shud up cashy nout wrong with a guy who can turn water into wine and cater for fife thousand using five loaves and two fishes
Looks like you've been drinking some of that water Jay.
Old 21-04-2011, 18:49   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Looks like you've been drinking some of that water Jay.
Na Alan mine cost a bloody fortune mate
Old 21-04-2011, 22:53   #22

Obviously Easter is dictated by 2 factors;

1. Cadbury's production schedule
2. How soon after Christmas, Tesco can get the Eggs on the Shelf.

The variation in the dates is dictated by how long Cadburys shutdown over Christmas as this directly effects Tesco's ability to start planning their advertising.

Just my humble opinion.
Old 22-04-2011, 06:53   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Obviously Easter is dictated by 2 factors;

1. Cadbury's production schedule
2. How soon after Christmas, Tesco can get the Eggs on the Shelf.

The variation in the dates is dictated by how long Cadburys shutdown over Christmas as this directly effects Tesco's ability to start planning their advertising.

Just my humble opinion.
Even as a kid, I used to think that Easter Eggs were a big con. All wrapping and very little chocolate.

But it was always nice to get them!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 07:57   #24

i just had a bacon butty feel guilty now! im a protestant but went to church till I was 15 and now feel very very bad!! would love the long walk like garinda but unfortunatley Im stuck in work till 5.30.... oh well....

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 09:07   #25
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie View Post
i just had a bacon butty.
Ah ! You're doomed .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 09:41   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Ah ! You're doomed .
Old 22-04-2011, 10:48   #27
Full Member+

I too was brought up not to eat meat on Good Friday . Mum passed away 24yrs ago but I still abide by what she taught me . What I do not understand though is the atheist amongst us who still buy Easter eggs and Christmas presents.....puzzling
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 10:50   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

i suppose death isnt too big a deal if your going to be coming back a few days later

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 19:47   #29
God Member

cut the grass day and early night as a marathon weekend ahead
Old 22-04-2011, 20:13   #30
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
What I do not understand though is the atheist amongst us who still buy Easter eggs and Christmas presents.....puzzling
Probably the same reason we still call the days of the week the names we do...habit.

Not many of us believe in Anglo-Saxon, Roman, or Norse gods. Though we still adulate and honour their names daily, through usage.

What I find odd and puzzling, are Christians who don't follow God's law to the letter, as given to them in the Bible.

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12
"If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

« iPhone users | so.. »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..