Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 10:36   #16

Re: Graham Jones increases his majority again

I am not gloating although as you know I voted labour. I think Teresa May got her comeuppance.She called the election when she had no need to. She claimed she needed a stronger mandate for the Brexit talks.This was utter rubbish , she saw the opinion polls showing the Tories with a 20 point lead and acted not in the countries interest but in blatant party political advantage. The British electorate saw though this ploy and the rest is history. She got exactly what she deserved
Shurm likes this.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2017, 11:00   #17
Beacon of light

It is all academic now.
All the post mortem-ing does nothing constructive to ensure focus and dare I say it? Stability.
Whether she needed to call an election is something debatable.
Personally I think she did. I think she was almost goaded into it by the media who were persistent in telling her that she had no mandate, that she was not fulfilling the party manifesto(though when was that ever something that politicians cared about?)
I also think that those remoaners who wanted to stay in the EU thought it would be a good way to pay her back.

I am sure that those in Brussels are rubbing their hands in glee right now because they can see the squabbles going on in the government...and the fact that the government no longer have a majority...even a slim one.

It is not a good time for the UK and I really despair for the future.
And your last sentence is not gloating?
Jim your post was very good up until that point.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 10-06-2017 at 11:04.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:09   #18

Teresa May was right to call this election...Corbyn wanted a vote in parliament on the final deal...NO..NO..No...Fallon said he would disrupt Brexit at any opportunity...NO NO NO..Scots Nats (the party that lost 13 seats to the Conservatives,) Said it would disrupt proceedings at any opportunity...NO..NO..NO.
Teresa May should come out fighting, head up not down, she is the only leader I have faith in to come back with a good result for the UK.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:12   #19
Beacon of light

Separated at birth Bea.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:15   #20

Reads like it..HaHa
Old 10-06-2017, 11:18   #21
Beacon of light

All I really really want is to be out of the EU.
Right out..Not one foot in and one foot out. This is not the Hokey Cokey.
My vote was cast with this view and only this view in mind.
There is no one in the Palace of Westminster better able to deliver this.
The young folk who signed up to vote at the last minute did so because The Labour Party promised to abolish University fees and to wipe out the debt for graduates...so they voted for their own short term goals.
They did not look at how this would be funded.
Anyway, what is done cannot be undone.
We now need to roll up our sleeves and get down to the 'britches ar$e steam' work.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:19   #22
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Reads like it..HaHa
Yes...or sucks ya boo.

Anyway, I'm going back to cutting a gluing.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:36   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
I am not gloating although as you know I voted labour. I think Teresa May got her comeuppance.She called the election when she had no need to. She claimed she needed a stronger mandate for the Brexit talks.This was utter rubbish , she saw the opinion polls showing the Tories with a 20 point lead and acted not in the countries interest but in blatant party political advantage. The British electorate saw though this ploy and the rest is history. She got exactly what she deserved
Well i'm near sure the electorate were brilliantly conned by a Man J.C. who came out with a great looking manifesto, knowing full well he was not going to be elected, it conned many people in particular the young he got to register and vote austerity is far from pleasant, but WHO left the country skint to merit it? all the important stuff in his policies do need attention, but until we come out of the sodding E.U. would yeh mind telling us were the money is coming from, cos i sure as hell dont know.
KiTChener and hilleluk like this.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:05   #24
Beacon of light

As always Cashy, it will come from the good old tax payer.
That man in the street with bottomless pockets.

and while we are on the subject what was all that about...those factions that vowed to create civil unrest and the likes if Labour was not elected.
Can someone tell me how this is democracy?

All those so called celebs and stars like Lilly Allen and Gary Lineker...pontificating, these hypocrites keep their money in offshore accounts just so they do not get stung for tax....and they are not going to be waiting to see a GP or for a hospital appointment...they go private....the education of their children will not be hampered by those who do not speak english,,,the immigrants who JC would welcome with open arm(only because it will eventually increase his voting base)...they can send theri offspring to private schools so they are not in a position to preach to me.

Jim must be applauded for giving his vote to the party led by the terrorists friend
Anyway, life in the UK just got a lot more uncertain.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:06   #25

Most of the electorate who voted Labour had Sunglasses on and earphones in.

I voted Conservative for Teresa May to be our Prime Minister, to take through the EU negotiations quickly and efficiently. The Conservative Party has history of removing a party leader that they perceive as failed...I do not believe Teresa May has. The manifesto was poorly thought out, and poorly delivered. The Conservative MP's carping about the result should shut up. replacing her would be political SUICIDE.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:18   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To me Teresa May is the best of a real bad lot, and the only one likely to get the best deal possible from the E.U.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:27   #27
Beacon of light

Over the years I have lost faith in politicians...of all shades.
They tell you what they think you want to hear.
They think that most of the electorate have nothing but wax keeping their ears apart(I am beginning to think they are right on that one).
I really wasn't sure about Thersa May, but she seemed to have what most politicians lack...integrity....and she seemed to listen to the concern of the people....she did not have the paternalistic attitude of 'we know best, sit down, be quiet and we will do what is best'.
Best for who?....with politicians it has always seemed what is best for them...what will make their lives more comfortable...give them a seat on the gravy train.
Theresa May did not seem like one of those...I felt perhaps there was going to be a sea change especially when she showed her mettle and took the dissenters apart with her 'Brexit means Brexit'

Now the situation is one where I feel we will be mired in the mud of the EU.....that we have no-one who has the small round things to stand up to those in Europe who would have us as toast for breakfast...so I am disappointed.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 16:50   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
O
They tell you what they think you want to hear.
They think that most of the electorate have nothing but wax keeping their ears apart.
if ever there was any doubt it was removed by how successful corbyn was in conning the younger generation

his biggest con was convincing NHS staff he had their backs when it was his party that accelerated the privatization of the NHS and has it in the trouble it is in today paying back extortionate rates on loans to build ineffective and shoddy hospitals like blackburn royal

it is a national disgrace that a hospital have its baby ward shut down because it cant be kept clean enough because private contractors were thinning down bleech for starters and cutting corners.
cashman likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 16:53   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me Teresa May is the best of a real bad lot, and the only one likely to get the best deal possible from the E.U.
if labour had a different leadership and for once backed what teh british public voted for i woudl return to them

theres nothing corbyn could promise to make me vote for him he is an outright liar and seen as a traitor by many which is a sentiment i share
cashman and hilleluk like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 17:08   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if labour had a different leadership and for once backed what teh british public voted for i woudl return to them

theres nothing corbyn could promise to make me vote for him he is an outright liar and seen as a traitor by many which is a sentiment i share
End of the day Corbyn was voted in twice, by increased majority by labour members, i dont like it, but accepted it, cos its democracy, our own M.P. refused point blank to accept that democratic vote, good or bad he certainly should have done imho. that signaled to me to abandon labour which i did, if our MPs cannot accept the will of the members, can someone explain to me whats the point? Corbyn whilst increasing the Labour vote this time has done things by total deception in my view. and the hard faced get is now saying he wants to form a losers government, well if some people can be that stupid, i'm well out of it.
hilleluk likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..