Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2005, 05:53   #1
God Member

H Y P O C R I T S ! ! !

We have heard much in these forums of the local Labour Group's opposition to the way in which HBC is run by the Idiot-in-Chief and his cronies.

What they discretely omit to inform you is that the ultimate responsibility for the way that the controling Conservative Group mismanages the authority is down to LABOUR PARTY POLICY!

I was astounded to find this in the paper this morning....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...736387,00.html
Old 16-08-2005, 07:58   #2
Senior Member+

Re: H Y P O C R I T S ! ! !

From that a-b I think the only saving grace is that if HBC were a larger authority, the idiot -in-chief would be paid more

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 08:01   #3
I am Banned

well that explains why councils getaway with wasting our money, they dont have to justify what they spend it on until fter the money is spent

Quote:
Why is it all costing so much more? One reason is the lack of financial brakes before decisions are taken. “Scrutiny committees” supposedly examine council actions, but scrutiny after the act is no scrutiny at all, particularly as the majority party will almost never condemn the actions of its own cabinet members — or they may end up out of office or out of pocket.
and so that people dont think ime just having a good old moan again i will end this on a happy note

ps:

the clown is not respective of the people who run our council but purely for happy illustration only

chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 09:55   #4
Give, give, give member

I know Peter Britcliffe comes in for a lot of criticism on here, along with HBC, but the whole system of local government is a bit of a lottery, depending on where you live in the country.

Basically we elect people, and then give them a million pound plus budget to spend wisely on our behalf. If this was a job, half the councillors wouldn't have been called back for an interview, never mind get the job.

I've posted before the best place I ever lived was in Wandsworth in south London. We once paid just £14 per year in council tax, which again was a bit of political spin, because we had a Conservative Government at the time and this was one of the Tory flagship Boroughs, and recieved lots of money from them to artifically keep our council tax low.

Perhaps the answer is a more centralised local government, which would then hopefully attract more able people to spend our money wisely.

If it were an advertised job, perhaps then they would at least make it to the interview stage.

Last edited by garinda; 16-08-2005 at 09:56.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 11:30   #5
God Member

Exclamation Re: H Y P O C R I T S ! ! !

Centalised govenment does'nt always work unfortunately especially for the majority of bods. When in 1974 the whole thing was rearranged Scotland ened up with Reiginol Councils (old shire councils) and District Councils to replace Town Councils. At the time it worked and was going along nicely each nowing what it had to do with the odd Donald Duck up along they way the same as all other coucils. Then some faceless nitwit decided it would be better to centralise everything at district level (it aint broken but we can make it better).

Well these wazzocks went ahead with it and the result is chaos some towns (mainly were the council sit getts money and development aplenty and the rest do an impression of street urchins. Another problem is too much power among too few (here we have 2 brothers who think they are the council) who behave kind of like Lords of the Manor. Yes HBC is a pain but if it was to cenralise like here then we would be in a mess. They cannot orginise what they have now so what would happen if they had the resposibilities at present with LCC? I do not want to even give this thought a nano second in my head. Been there seen it bought the post card. Just replace the cowboys and hope you dont end up with appaches!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 14:07   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Centalised govenment does'nt always work unfortunately especially for the majority of bods. When in 1974 the whole thing was rearranged Scotland ened up with Reiginol Councils (old shire councils) and District Councils to replace Town Councils. At the time it worked and was going along nicely each nowing what it had to do with the odd Donald Duck up along they way the same as all other coucils. Then some faceless nitwit decided it would be better to centralise everything at district level (it aint broken but we can make it better).

Well these wazzocks went ahead with it and the result is chaos some towns (mainly were the council sit getts money and development aplenty and the rest do an impression of street urchins. Another problem is too much power among too few (here we have 2 brothers who think they are the council) who behave kind of like Lords of the Manor. Yes HBC is a pain but if it was to cenralise like here then we would be in a mess. They cannot orginise what they have now so what would happen if they had the resposibilities at present with LCC? I do not want to even give this thought a nano second in my head. Been there seen it bought the post card. Just replace the cowboys and hope you dont end up with appaches!

I moved from the cheapest council tax borough in Wandsworth to Glasgow, which is one of the dearest in the country. Before that I lived in Lambeth, the most expensive in the country. Tantalisingly Lambeth and Wandsorth are neighbouring boroughs in London, with some streets split between both councils. You can guess which side of the street was the one to sell more quickly when two houses were for sale.

I agree, perhaps a more centalised local government isn't the answer, but like I said before it is a bit of a lottry as to who we elect on to our councils, when very often these people couldn't balance an egg on a spoon, never mind a multi-million pound budget.

Old 16-08-2005, 17:12   #7
God Member

Acrylic-bob you are a severe disappointment. In the past you have decried the lack of literacy and seemingly high numbers of dyslexics using Accrington Web and what do you go and do? Here is the E you appear to have lost from the word 'hypocrites'. How on earth can you expect to ever be taken seriously again ?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 16-08-2005 at 17:39.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 18:11   #8
God Member

It is a case of whizzing on here early in the morning before I go to work. I can't find my bl**dy glasses and my damned fingers don't work properly at that time in the morning- nerve damage.

I know this is not really a good enough excuse but it is, sadly, the only one I can offer. I apologise most abjectly to my many fans for my dreadful lack of manual dexterity and visual acuity - I think I need a proof reader, any offers????

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 16-08-2005 at 18:14.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 18:16   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
I think I need a proof reader, any offers????
How about Pickaxe

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 18:17   #10
God Member

Talking Re: H Y P O C R I T S ! ! !

Never mind a proof reader how about a Personal Assistant?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 18:18   #11
God Member

Thanks, Yerself, but I think I have dug this particular hole quite deep enough.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 16-08-2005 at 18:22.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 18:21   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Never mind a proof reader how about a Personal Assistant?

What a tremendously good idea, I think that at my time of life I deserve one!
Old 16-08-2005, 22:26   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
nerve damage

Well, you do have quite a nerve.

Like your new avatar by the way. What Rindy did in May, Acidic-babs does in August.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..