Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2010, 15:57   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Hard Times A-Knockin' II

Well, I was delighted, shocked is perhaps too strong a word, surprised well yes, even heading a little towards gob smacked.

I had another ratter tat on the door today, 'my word that was daintily done', I thought, 'how could anyone get such a good tune out of a chunk of PVC?'.

On opening it there I found to my delight, a Lady, my luck has changed thought I, she introduced herself as none other than Karen Buckley.

She then asked if she could count on my support, like a well trained News of The World Reporter I refused to say that it was a little the worse for wear and that the buckles tend to catch in the most awkward of places.

Instead I informed her that, 'it was doubtful', she then asked if I was a Labour supporter? 'No', said I.

Oh so you won't be voting for either of us? Well I replied, I'm making up my mind, I didn't say I wouldn't vote for you I said it was 'doubtful', for this the tiniest glimmer of hope she thanked me with a smile and skipped, Yes, she actually did seem to skip from my door the two feet to the gates of Westwood Villas.

On closing the door on this vision, I still wasn't sure if it was true, have I actually met the Mysterious Karen?

Yes, replied all my emotions and you forgot to ask her anything worthwhile, you didn't even give her Rindy's address, fool!

Sorry everyone, I didn't take a photograph, so I have no proof that this meeting actually happened. Never mind, maybe I'll get a second chance in about 4 months if the result is a hung parliament and we are sent once more kicking and screaming to the polls.

But if you ever read this Karen, I'm afraid doubtful will almost inevitably turn into no, but thank you for calling.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2010, 16:35   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Hard Times A-Knockin' II

You should have informed her that your home help was off sick today, and if she'd run round with the Hoover and duster, you'd take a moment to ponder if you could be pursuaded to give her your support.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 16:41   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well i didn't get her, ya must be the chosen one. though in fairness i got a very pleasant Asian gentleman, so i pleasantly said NO THANKS.
Old 07-04-2010, 17:24   #4
God Member

People rarely knock on my door. Most of them think I'm a cert for one party and I think the rest just can't find the place.

In all fairness Bernard knocked on my door last year and I have had a letter from PB already. So the two major parties know where I am.

As it happens, I'm at my most undecided this year - locally and nationally.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 17:33   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Typical woman.............Can't make her mind up.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:57   #6
Resting in Peace

Well she has not been here, but i think the reason might be they don't want to get covered in muck and dust and i think all the scaffolding and mud is putting her off calling its a great defence while the elections are on hehe
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:08   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Well she has not been here, but i think the reason might be they don't want to get covered in muck and dust and i think all the scaffolding and mud is putting her off calling its a great defence while the elections are on hehe
Must cost a fortune mike, putting up scaffolding at each election just to keep politicians at bay
Old 08-04-2010, 09:25   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Must cost a fortune mike, putting up scaffolding at each election just to keep politicians at bay
Though probably less expensive than maintaining a moat.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:53   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Though probably less expensive than maintaining a moat.

Or claiming for a mortgage you've already paid off
Old 08-04-2010, 10:58   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:

...and the biggest crook, leaves Parliament with the biggest pension pot of all the 'retiring' MPs.

'Andrew MacKay will receive his full salary of £65,738 in a lump sum when he leaves and his pension for his 28 years of service will amount to around £41,000 a year.'
Andrew MacKay to leave with £1.8m handshake - News - getbracknell - Bracknell Forest Standard

Old 08-04-2010, 11:02   #11
Give, give, give member

There's a top 10 list in the Mail, of all the benefits they will receive for years of 'good service'.

Almost 150 grasping MPs to retire at next election with pay-offs of more than £1m | Mail Online

Old 08-04-2010, 11:14   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Quote:
...and the biggest crook, leaves Parliament with the biggest pension pot of all the 'retiring' MPs.

'Andrew MacKay will receive his full salary of £65,738 in a lump sum when he leaves and his pension for his 28 years of service will amount to around £41,000 a year.'
Andrew MacKay to leave with £1.8m handshake - News - getbracknell - Bracknell Forest Standard

Now, now, you two, we don't want to turn this into a political thread now do we?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Now, now, you two, we don't want to turn this into a political thread now do we?

Knock, knock.

'Who's there?'

'Kaz.'

'Kaz who?'

'Kaz the posh lawyer from t'seaside.'

'Open the door and tell me which kazoo you'll be blowing on May 6th.'

Old 08-04-2010, 15:03   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Knock, knock.

'Who's there?'

'Kaz.'

'Kaz who?'

'Kaz the posh lawyer from t'seaside.'

'Open the door and tell me which kazoo you'll be blowing on May 6th.'

Has she not been yet Garinda
Old 08-04-2010, 15:40   #15
God Member

i find this sign usefull at times like these if anyone wants one just save the image and print off your own

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..