Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2005, 12:56   #1
Passed away 25-11-09

Have you got a hobby?

Assuming you have any, what do you do in your spare time?

I used to knit and crochet, don't have enough time to do much these days. I do a lot of gardening. It's quite a small garden but it takes a lot of upkeep and I am passionate about plants, shrubs etc. As an offshoot (no pun intended) of that, I grow pips and seeds from fruits etc. to see what comes up. I currently have a mango tree, 2 lychees, 2 pomegranates, an avocado and a date palm all thriving on the window sill. I have 2 oak trees from acorns (I'm bonsai-ing them) and a 4" apple tree from a pip in the garden.

My father was a great one for hobbies, from building model aircraft (some of them enormous) when I was quite small to the massive train set he landscaped, in his garage, in the last years of his life. My husband, who was a computer hardware/software engineer, carried it over into his leisure time and rebuilt and reconfigured ancient PCs - we had a room full of the things!. He also collected old and unusual coins.

Any hobbies out there? Do you do anything unusual? (Keep it clean, please)
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2005, 13:04   #2
God Member

Re: Have you got a hobby?

Amateur dramatics - nothing so scary as opening night and nothing so wonderful as hearing the sound of applause.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 13:24   #3
white rabbits

nothing at all to shout about,,, i am one of the boring people ,,,,,you sound like a great gardener W.E. we just have a few tubs, no garden ... and i certainly cant act ,
Old 30-07-2005, 14:05   #4

I race 1/12 model stockcars and bangers. I also follow the full size ones around the country. IMO nothing beats the sound and smell of an F1 stockcar as it roars into life. It's also one of the few sports where you can walk up to the stars as well as lower graders and talk to them. Roll on tomorrow.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 14:27   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender

Any hobbies out there? Do you do anything unusual? (Keep it clean, please)
Ok. I was going to tell you about my hobby, but my dog ran off.

Seriously, I too love gardening. Although my garden is little bigger than a postage stamp now, it is full of plants. I have some wonderful lillies just out, that l have nurtured all winter. As a six year old I asked for a greenhouse for Christmas- and got it!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 14:46   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I'm not exactly Charlie Dimmock, the extent of my gardening is scooping up the dog poo. It is unwise to bring plants into my house as they all seem to have slow and painful deaths. Work and University take up the bulk of my time, sleeping takes up most of the rest. I work so that I can travel..... I have always had itchy feet and love going abroad. I have a wish list as long as my arm, some of which I have already done. I can't see myself getting through this list in my lifetime unless I have a huge lottery win....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 23:50   #7
Junior Member+

i play cricket n football, or listen to music
jaseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..