Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2013, 16:15   #151

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: HBC at it again

Fair play to you Cllr. Pritchard, a very real apology without any spin.

Council chief Clare Pritchard?s apology for her Facebook remark - Accrington Observer

Not too bright of the alleged journalist, Jon Macpherson classing one very minor expletive as 'derogatory remarks'. Guess he's aspiring to the lofty heights of the Daily Mail tearoom.

p.s. Hope you managed to find and delete the complete t----r on fb who grassed you up in the first place
Old 31-05-2013, 16:57   #152
God Member

well one of her friends posted her remark on here so a couple at least need removing from her "friends" list for been gobsh1tes lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 17:05   #153
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Fair play to you Cllr. Pritchard, a very real apology without any spin.

Council chief Clare Pritchard?s apology for her Facebook remark - Accrington Observer

Not too bright of the alleged journalist, Jon Macpherson classing one very minor expletive as 'derogatory remarks'. Guess he's aspiring to the lofty heights of the Daily Mail tearoom.

p.s. Hope you managed to find and delete the complete t----r on fb who grassed you up in the first place
My first thoughts were what the hell has Facebook got to do with her being a councilor and why get the council involved in the first place, another Jerno with nothing to do but pick his nose
cashman likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 17:21   #154
God Member

when you shove yourself into teh public eye you can guarentee the public eye will be watching especially for slip ups

you can be arrested for comments made to friends on facebook despite them only been for friends eyes

best bet is if yu want to call someone a name ring your palls up and tell them about it

much safer

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 31-05-2013, 17:54   #155
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
when you shove yourself into the public eye you can guarantee the public eye will be watching especially for slip ups

you can be arrested for comments made to friends on facebook despite them only been for friends eyes

best bet is if you want to call someone a name ring your palls up and tell them about it

much safer
Ya if your going to say something controversial best not to say it on facebook, especial if your slagging of members of the public, one of which might be one of your FB friends
Old 31-05-2013, 18:13   #156
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its tough in the Public Eye, But i will say i agreed wi her comment.
Old 31-05-2013, 18:50   #157
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its tough in the Public Eye, But i will say i agreed wi her comment.
I'll have your Visa removed
Old 31-05-2013, 23:14   #158

As far as resident phone calls are concerned, I'm glad when it's a genuine call! The times when I'm in another room of the house and I break my neck dashing to the phone before it defaults to voice mail, only to find that it's one of our friends from a call centre on the other side of the world, or worse still the call cuts off as soon as you answer it! I'm registered with the telephone preference service but these calls get through nevertheless!
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 23:25   #159
God Member

theres a legal loophole judith as long as they say they are providing an advisory servive they can get away with it.A pittifull excuse but effective for them.

if they were selling you ppi it would be a different story

soon more will click onto this loophole and people will be ringing saying they are advising you about windows for your house

also despite claiming to be the best in the buisness BT claim they cant block overseas telemarketers so been on that list is pretty much useless as it only cuts out sales calls from within the uk

Old 01-06-2013, 08:57   #160
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
theres a legal loophole judith as long as they say they are providing an advisory servive they can get away with it.A pittifull excuse but effective for them.

if they were selling you ppi it would be a different story

soon more will click onto this loophole and people will be ringing saying they are advising you about windows for your house

also despite claiming to be the best in the buisness BT claim they cant block overseas telemarketers so been on that list is pretty much useless as it only cuts out sales calls from within the uk
I'm just wondering how they go on when your on the callers preferred list and ex-directory
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm just wondering how they go on when your on the callers preferred list and ex-directory
I am ex-directory but still get them.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14   #162
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I am ex-directory but still get them.
Ya can't understand it Margaret, they must get the open directory from BT which to me is totally wrong
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is, yeh buy stuff online n many of em sell yer e-mail addy n phone numbers. thats life.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:24   #164
Junior Member+

For me, caller I.D. is the answer. If there is not a name to accompany the number I disregard the call!!
churchkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51   #165
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya can't understand it Margaret, they must get the open directory from BT which to me is totally wrong
facebook sold your info mate

theres no point removing your landline number its been sold multiple times now

swines aint they

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..