Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 21:48   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thumbs down heads should roll

just seen the news,relatives of people missing in the london bombings have a help number they can ring. just watched a poor woman ring up and they told her nothing not even if the bodies on the train in question had been recovered.which to me is bad enough.but it gets worse the number set up for these poor sods is a PREMIUM RATE number,so people are getting ripped off for the privalidge of no information,no wonder some say rip off britain,i would like to know who is responsible for this outrage the folk are suffering enough. is it me goin on a benny for nowt or what?
Old 10-07-2005, 22:02   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: heads should roll

It should be a freephone number for Heaven's sakes!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 22:08   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

exactly willow i'm livid.
Old 10-07-2005, 22:14   #4
Passed away 25-11-09

There was a list of names in the paper today. They said a girl from Oswaldtwistle was "missing". Does anyone have any news?
Old 11-07-2005, 00:05   #5

Well i think thats disgusting. I mean, premium rate, come on
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:53   #6
God Member

BT should be strung up. It should be freephone. I heard that OfCom are looking into it this morning.

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:03   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Wink Re: heads should roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
BT should be strung up. It should be freephone. I heard that OfCom are looking into it this morning.

Ian
is that who is responsible ian? i don't like slagging people off till i'm sure- but then lol
Old 11-07-2005, 09:15   #8

Should get Esther Rantson (spellcheck) on the case that is a crime. Rip off is not enough to describe profiteering over someones tragic demise.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:36   #9

Absolutly disgusting, it is blatantly theft. Shouldn't be allowed.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:17   #10
Senior Member+

I heard about this on GMTV, they said they are looking to change it and the number in place is because its the same number for natural disasters, it can take 200 peoples calls at once instead of them ringing and getting the engaged tone at least they are getting through which is good, but like i said they are looking to change the cost of the calling. Good job as they should'nt have to pay at all.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:31   #11

It's all very well changing it now but they shouldn't have had to pay in the first place. Will they get refunds? I doubt it.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 14:09   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i started this thread cos i believe whoever is responsible should be OUT OF A JOB.
Old 11-07-2005, 14:32   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
i started this thread cos i believe whoever is responsible should be OUT OF A JOB.
It couldn't be our wonderful Labour Government could it?

The following link may shed some light on the fiasco:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4671239.stm

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 16:26   #14
Resting in peace

Sometimes things like this bring out the worst in people. I have heard that some hotels hiked their rates by 300% because people were stuck in London and couldn't get home. This morning at the bus stop, a girl from Leicester said that she had been quoted £70 to get from Kings Cross to Kensington! - I did tell her that all black cabs have meters, so that is totally illegal. What has annoyed me, both Friday and today, is that the traffic is much heavier than usual but most cars only have one person in them. Is it beyond the wit of some people to get together and share a car? I can understand, when it is taking more than twice the normal time to get to work by bus, and understandably many people are avoiding the Tube, that it is tempting to use your car, but it only adds to the problem, more so when 12 feet or so of road space is taken up for one person.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 16:32   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
It couldn't be our wonderful Labour Government could it?

The following link may shed some light on the fiasco:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4671239.stm
do you honestly think it would be any differant with any of the parties in power ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..