Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 08:58   #1
mez
God Member

Help needed for new premises.

i was invited to a presentaion of awards night of the A.T.C accrington i had a great night, the mayoress (mayor?) was their to present the awards & i was amazed at how these young people had worked so hard to achieve the awards they had gained, what a smashing group of young people they are too, i found them to be dedicated, respectful, polite, & most of all they had pride, pride in themselves & in what each cadet had achieved, alas they are struggling to find new premises the mayoress collete mccormac did suggest the old doctors surgery on avenue parade can anyone think of any other ones please. we need to campain to get them new premises for this dedicated corps of young people & all who work with them to get better premises so please please help myself & the mayoress find them somewhere to carry on their great work in better accommodation. come on aboard ...after all.accyweb did save the arndale clock!!!Home - accrington air cadets! please take a look at this link. you can also see them on face book.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (136.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (131.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Mick; 11-10-2011 at 08:18. Reason: missed a bit
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2011, 09:37   #2

Re: Help needed for new premises.

what size of premises are they looking for is the doctors sergury on avenus parade the sort of size
Whittaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:24   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The Mayoress sits on (or did) the board for Hippings Vale community centre in Ossy, is that not suitable for them to rent or do they need a full time permanent building?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:08   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
after all.accyweb did save the arndale clock!!!
Er ... what are you saying here Mez? Thats news to me!
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 13:11   #5
Senior Member+

having been involved with the ATC for many years I understand that squadron premises are allocated by the organisation funded by the RAF and must also be approved by HQAC. there is also the can of worms such as security and insurances to consider. I am bemused as to why a squadron is having to secure their own premises???????
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:47   #6
mez
God Member

to answer your question matt, the powers that be have no money but the atc accrington have been told to find their own premises, as the present one is not up to scratch .....no toilet facilities, no disabled facilities roof leaking ........they need at least 1.000 sq.ft with parking & enough room for drilling ..i will have more details later.

june i really meant to say please get yourselves behind these great bunch of lads & lasses& come up with some empty premises.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:31   #7
Senior Member+

i presume they are still in the old mill then, it's always been a pain as other squadrons had to come in or accy had to go elsewhere to do any activities. it was always more of a detachment than an independent sqdn. it's about time that they had somewhere suitable for the guys to be able to run a full programme of activities i'll keep me eyes open
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51   #8

give them the old fire station
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 13:39   #9
mez
God Member

Angleiron what a good idea plenty of space there will tell them thank you x x
Old 11-10-2011, 15:50   #10
God Member

Errr...who owns the old fire station? Do they have any current plans for it's development? Would they now be prepared to relinquish the premises? What work would be needed to bring it up to scratch and how much would it cost? Where would the funding come from?

Other than that, looks like a great idea.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 11-10-2011 at 15:52.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 17:50   #11

[quote=Tealeaf;939274]Errr...who owns the old fire station? Do they have any current plans for it's development? Would they now be prepared to relinquish the premises? What work would be needed to bring it up to scratch and how much would it cost? Where would the funding come from?

don't know.... x 5
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..