Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 13:16   #61
Resting In Peace

Re: High's and Low's of the Diamond Jubilee!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I tried to put that link up purely to illustrate what John had posted.....and failed miserably.
Thanks for managing to do it Sue.
I spent five years researching on the internet as part of my job. I don't give up easily!
Old 09-06-2012, 13:39   #62
Beacon of light

it is good to have somebody who can see through the mists and point me in the right direction.......I don't give up easily either...I was just a bit lacking in patience and felt that Mancie wouldn't appreciate it anyway....that is my excuse, and I'm sticking to it
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 14:02   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I spent five years researching on the internet as part of my job. I don't give up easily!
Ah so I know where to come when I'm stumped
Old 09-06-2012, 14:04   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
it is good to have somebody who can see through the mists and point me in the right direction.......I don't give up easily either...I was just a bit lacking in patience and felt that Mancie wouldn't appreciate it anyway....that is my excuse, and I'm sticking to it
Is he ever sober enough to appreciate anything Margaret
Old 09-06-2012, 15:03   #65
Beacon of light

I don't know John........I wouldn't like to put his posts down as drunken ramblings - I like to give people the benefit of the doubt..... until I can smell the alcohol on their breath....and even then, one drink smells just the same as ten.
Old 09-06-2012, 19:29   #66
God Member

Quote:
And thanks Susie for the link, we are talking about an entire school.. Jaysay posted that it was just one class of 31 different languages were spoken.. I said Jaysay had posted rubbish and I was correct.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 19:34   #67
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
And thanks Susie for the link, we are talking about an entire school.. Jaysay posted that it was just one class of 31 different languages were spoken.. I said Jaysay had posted rubbish and I was correct.
He may not have got it quite right, but I would not say that he had posted rubbish.
Old 09-06-2012, 19:46   #68
Senior Member+

Now, Mancie, the subtleties of the English language(over which Jaysay obviously has full command) are clearly beyond you!
He didn't say it was a class of kids who spoke 31 different languages, he said it was a 'classroom full of kids who spoke 31 different languages'.
The kids could have come from several different classes and all got together for that photo!
So jaysay was right and it's you who are talking rubbish and you are wrong.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 21:32   #69
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Now, Mancie, the subtleties of the English language(over which Jaysay obviously has full command) are clearly beyond you!
He didn't say it was a class of kids who spoke 31 different languages, he said it was a 'classroom full of kids who spoke 31 different languages'.
The kids could have come from several different classes and all got together for that photo!
Actually Gordon if we're splitting hairs, the children in that photo speak 22 different languages. It's the whole school that has 31 languages in total. And some of the children speak more than one language, see the labels on the photo.
Old 09-06-2012, 23:09   #70
God Member

Quote:
Well OK I'll be the first to admit my grasp on grammer and English has never been my strong point.. but I will at least make an effort to answer questions about anything I post without resorting to the childish playground name calling Jaysay employs when he is challenged.:..and I would'nt expect other members to do it for me.

Last edited by Mancie; 09-06-2012 at 23:13.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 19:23   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Actually Gordon if we're splitting hairs, the children in that photo speak 22 different languages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Well OK I'll be the first to admit my grasp on grammer and English has never been my strong point.. but I will at least make an effort to answer questions about anything I post without resorting to the childish playground name calling Jaysay employs when he is challenged.:..and I would'nt expect other members to do it for me.
Susie, I don't have that many hairs-please don't split any more!
I never thought of counting them-trust a woman.

Mancie, fair point, no offence intended.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:59   #72
Resting in Peace

Re: Highs and Lows of the Diamond Jubilee!?

Quote:
Susie, I don't have that many hairs-please don't split any more!
I never thought of counting them-trust a woman.

Mancie, fair point, no offence intended.
Having read your post which included a quote from Mancie, the only reason I don't take him to task when he has anything to say is I don't read the crap he posts, and haven't done for a long time, makes AccyWeb a nicer place to be
Old 14-06-2012, 21:52   #73
Resting in Peace

My high was making up the official posies for the Queen.... when she came to Accrington....
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 23:23   #74
Full Member+

My high was making up the official posies for the Queen.... when she came to Accrington...

Did you take Photos of them?
Will have to look for them in Photos
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 19:47   #75
Senior Member+

Take a look at this, its lovely
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..