Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 12:33   #16
Senior Member+

Re: hillsborough disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Who was responsible for the Heyshel killings? No doubt about that one....at least a dozen
scousers banged up for manslaughter as I recall and all English clubs slung out of Europe.
What has that got to do remotely with Hillsborough?

And please don't say "Both involved Liverpool fans". That would be pathetic.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2012, 13:15   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
First paragraph, totally agree.
Well yes, he did-feeling guilty that he remained alive afterwards when his father didn't, also his father hadn't wanted to go for some reason, so he felt his father would have been spared had he listened to him. I know I would find that difficult, I have a guilt complex myself.
However, he was so, so horrible that toward the end sympathy was not there. I am no psychologist, but the way he was behaving, I have to say was unacceptable-trauma or not. It takes something such as this discussion for me to remember that I am still affected by the experience with him.
Ha!Do you even know my age?
elementary, about the age!
the clues are there, unless he was a small boy at the time
you are possibly late twenties early thirties , so will pop for dead on 30, this july?
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 14:45   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
I'd support anything that brings out the truth. If that leads to Blair being brought to trial, then so be it. I'm no supporter of Blair - I was questioning how intelligent he really was, or whether he was just happy to play lapdog to the war mongering of Bush.
You also said "he wasn't a liar" so obviously you believe all the justifications he made for declaring war. So, from your point of view, there'd be no point in having an enquiry or trial. I would say that the vast majority of folk would disagree with you. This is why Mancie is making the assertation that "Thatcher and her ilk" are "killers". To draw attention away from the fact that the party he supports have a possible war criminal in their midst.
Old 11-09-2012, 15:33   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I would say that the vast majority of folk would disagree with you.
So you will get your inquiry and war trial, and you can say I was proved wrong.

Just one thing. It is over 5 years since Blair left office. Why has it not happened yet?
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 15:47   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
Quote:
.......Do you even know my age?
you are possibly late twenties early thirties , so will pop for dead on 30, this july?

I guess he looked at your profile, followed your tumblr link and found out from links on there.

30 was a good guess if you posted your correct age
Old 11-09-2012, 15:58   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
So you will get your inquiry and war trial, and you can say I was proved wrong.

Just one thing. It is over 5 years since Blair left office. Why has it not happened yet?
Because both major parties don't want it to.

Cabinet Iraq papers to remain secret - Telegraph

The real truth behind the invasion would implicate Bush and damage our relations with the yanks, which neither party wants. No matter, most people in the UK, apart from you, know that Blair was being "economical with the truth" over Iraq, just as he was with so many other things.
Old 11-09-2012, 16:13   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I guess he looked at your profile, followed your tumblr link and found out from links on there.

30 was a good guess if you posted your correct age
Maybe I don't know if my current aged is displayed anywhere, I'm not precious about it just can't remember what links are on there and what's on them.
I don't understand the second sentence at all?What do you mean please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
He was about 19 years older than me. He's moved abroad now which I am happy about!
Old 11-09-2012, 17:42   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Because both major parties don't want it to.

Cabinet Iraq papers to remain secret - Telegraph

The real truth behind the invasion would implicate Bush and damage our relations with the yanks, which neither party wants. No matter, most people in the UK, apart from you, know that Blair was being "economical with the truth" over Iraq, just as he was with so many other things.
That's par for the course Wyn, they all cover each others back's think its called I'll scratch your back you scratch mine
Old 11-09-2012, 17:52   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That's par for the course Wyn, they all cover each others back's think its called I'll scratch your back you scratch mine
My original thought was that the Tories would love to see Blair tried as a war criminal. But when you think about it, the stain on this country's reputation from having an ex-PM found guilty as a war criminal would be huge. What's more, if it was proved that the UK fought an illegal war against Iraq, we'd be liable for huge war reparations which would come from the taxpayer.

Hmmm...Gynn, you're right! That Tony Blair...straight as a die!
Old 11-09-2012, 17:54   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I don't understand the second sentence at all?What do you mean please?
It only means that your age is shown as 30 in one of your links so it was a good guess by him unless he looked at your profile
Old 11-09-2012, 18:00   #26

Ah is it. Okay, it was mainly the 'eyeroll' that confused me, didn't know what you were getting at.
Old 11-09-2012, 18:07   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
My original thought was that the Tories would love to see Blair tried as a war criminal. But when you think about it, the stain on this country's reputation from having an ex-PM found guilty as a war criminal would be huge. What's more, if it was proved that the UK fought an illegal war against Iraq, we'd be liable for huge war reparations which would come from the taxpayer.

Hmmm...Gynn, you're right! That Tony Blair...straight as a die!
I hope you had your fingers crossed when to typed that Wyn
Old 12-09-2012, 13:37   #28

Quote:
Who was responsible for the Heyshel killings? No doubt about that one....at least a dozen
scousers banged up for manslaughter as I recall and all English clubs slung out of Europe.
From what I saw on TV at the time, I certainly would lay the blame firmly on the home team organisers, their policing by what looked like riot police and their home fans. Not only were the home fans throwing missiles into the visitors "pen" causing most of them to move away with disastrous results the riot police themselves went into that pen and used their batons on anyone who had the misfortune to be in arms length. What absolutely surprised me was the police didn't appear bothered by the fact that a home fan was waving a pistol about!!
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 13:56   #29

Quote:
And that has what to do with this discussion?
Old 12-09-2012, 16:03   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
And that has what to do with this discussion?
Errr....people getting crushed to death at football matches involving Liverpool FC.........
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..