Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2012, 13:14   #1
Resting in Peace

Home sweet Home

I know everybody looks forward to going away on holiday, but when your trip is coming to an end I would think most people, well if they're anything like me, say I'll be glad to get home, I think its always good to go away but there's nothing like Home Sweet Home. I can remember when I worked away from home, the best sight was the motorway sign Junction 31 on the M6 The Tickled Trout, I knew I was nearly home
Old 16-06-2012, 13:21   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Home sweet Home

Well heres one as aint like you, i never feel like coming back, Though agree many do, Was only talking to Maccas mam n dad this morning n they were saying glad to be back, The sun everyday was getting too much. Beats the hell outa me, but thats life.
Old 16-06-2012, 13:22   #3
Senior Member+

Agree with Cashman. Its a drag getting off that train and seeing Accrington. First few minutes back that is.
Old 16-06-2012, 13:23   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well heres one as aint like you, i never feel like coming back, Though agree many do, Was only talking to Maccas mam n dad this morning n they were saying glad to be back, The sun everyday was getting too much. Beats the hell outa me, but thats life.
Ya mean to tell me that when your away in Sunny Spain ya don't mis AccyWeb
Old 16-06-2012, 13:25   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Agree with Cashman. Its a drag getting off that train and seeing Accrington. First few minutes back that is.
Ya well Accy, um I might just agree, but I live in Gods own country Oswaldtwistle, now thats worth coming home to
Old 16-06-2012, 13:25   #6
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I know everybody looks forward to going away on holiday, but when your trip is coming to an end I would think most people, well if they're anything like me, say I'll be glad to get home, I think its always good to go away but there's nothing like Home Sweet Home. I can remember when I worked away from home, the best sight was the motorway sign Junction 31 on the M6 The Tickled Trout, I knew I was nearly home
No can't say I enjoy coming home after a holiday, doing all the accumulated washing, cooking meals after eating out every day, undoing post, finding emails and phone messages...

I really enjoy travelling and seeing new places and my ideal lifestyle would be to spend a few weeks or a month in a place and then move on. Trouble is, by the time you've got together enough cash to make something like that feasible you've usually also got a home, possessions and in most cases though not mine, family responsibilities. And you may be too old or unfit to do it anyway.

Life's so unfair!
Old 16-06-2012, 14:14   #7
Beacon of light

No........I never want to come home either. It always seems that you find a lovely spot to eat out or to sightsee on the very last day of your trip....and wish you had found this delight at the start of your holiday.
I could always manage at least another few days....and Ma is the same.
The only thing we are grateful of, is the fact that no-one can take away from you the pleasant time you had, the lovely places you visited and the kind people you met.
I blog about my trips so that when I am feeling in a bit of a 'brown phase' I can read about all the things we did and it almost feels like I have had a holiday...without the packing, the travelling or the accumulated washing.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 16:16   #8
Senior Member+

After more than 25 years in foreign lands, I always got a tremendous lift, no matter how tired or hungover, on my first sight of this sceptered isle. For all it's faults it is still home.
Old 16-06-2012, 17:05   #9
Senior Member+

Never been abroad myself
Old 16-06-2012, 19:51   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It all depends on how long I've been away. If it is less than a month I could definitely do without the hassle of coming back. We went away for just over 6 weeks last year and by the end of it, I was ready to come home. I was only ready to come home because of the considerable amount of travelling we'd done. I felt that I just needed to be in one place for a bit. Also, we were away at Christmas and I really missed my nieces and nephews. I do normally blog about my travels. Like Margaret said, I can read it again and it takes me back there. I didn't blog the last one as it was just so busy, but I may get around to blogging a bit about it.
The only things I miss about home are my family and my own bed...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 19:58   #11
Beacon of light

The only thing I miss about not being home is a good cup of proper(leaf) tea.
Old 16-06-2012, 20:23   #12
Senior Member+

I was always reluctant to come home, but why is it when you have been home for a few hours, its like you've never been away.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 20:50   #13
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The only thing I miss about not being home is a good cup of proper(leaf) tea.
I'm with you on that Margaret, but we can even do that in our motorhome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I was always reluctant to come home, but why is it when you have been home for a few hours, its like you've never been away.
Yep, that's another good reason for staying away, Dave...
Old 16-06-2012, 20:58   #14
Beacon of light

When you are on a coach holiday you get teabag tea....and it can be gruesome.
When we have gone long haul, it hasn't been a problem. My family in Oz and friends over there usually get leaf tea in for me...I buy it once I get into Oz and carry it round in a screw top jar.....but even that sometimes isn't as good as my brew back home. Must have something to do with the water.
There is nothing on earth as good as a strong brew in your favourite mug.
Old 16-06-2012, 21:04   #15
God Member

Think I'll stay home this year ... now, what can I do?

Kingston Canada's Official Tourism Website - Home

And where can I go eat?

Chez Piggy Restaurant & Bar

And if I leave Kingston, well, Canada's a fairly big country.

Thing is, on a semi-serious note, I've never looked at my home town as a tourist would look at it ... maybe I can have a serious staycation and do that
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..