Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2010, 09:24   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Hospital appointments

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
i remember when the tories were last in power hospitals were crumbling and in so much disrepair there was damp and leaking roofs.when labour came in i never seen so many new hospitals,they had to invest or the nhs would have collapsed because it was so underfunded and the last tory goverment.people have short memories.
Sorry to hear of your problem CSgunshot to the foot can be very painful. It wasn't Labour who built the bloody hospitals, they were built with the Private Finance Initiative, which means we will be paying through the nose for decades to come
Old 23-10-2010, 09:38   #62
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Yes claims against the NHS/councils and such are not good for any community ..it seems to be the fashion that any claims made from ordinary people are reported as scroungers out to make a few quid.. but if some dustbin wagon smashed your car to bits would you claim or just take it for the community?
Completely different situation ! Of course I would claim & it would be genuine due to damage caused by negligence. No Mancie, the point I was making refers to spurious & dubious claims, people doing it for their own enrichment without genuine cause.

Examples of Local Fraud Cases - Dorset and Somerset Counter Fraud Service
News about the Rotherham and Dearne Valley areas - David Sammons was jailed for a year for fraud after submitting forged timesheets. Sammons (30), from Swinton, pleaded guilty to four counts of fraud following an investigation by NHS Rotherham Founda
Local Government Lawyer - Man jailed after false personal injury claims against London boroughs

take a look for yourself there are thousands out there & if you are honest with yourself you'll probably know of people who have done it.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 09:43   #63
God Member

BBC News - Spending Review: Care cuts 'may hit hospital beds'
Old 23-10-2010, 09:49   #64
God Member

another new hospital built in the labour era BBC News - Hospital robots cut hospital pharmacy bill
Old 23-10-2010, 09:55   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
another new hospital built in the labour era BBC News - Hospital robots cut hospital pharmacy bill
See you've no comment on my post 61 CS
Old 23-10-2010, 09:56   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sorry to hear of your problem CSgunshot to the foot can be very painful. It wasn't Labour who built the bloody hospitals, they were built with the Private Finance Initiative, which means we will be paying through the nose for decades to come
at least they were built
Old 23-10-2010, 09:57   #67
God Member

some more jobs go party of law and order my ass BBC News - Lancashire Police could axe all 427 PCSOs
Old 23-10-2010, 10:07   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
at least they were built
What a pathetic answer, if the Tories had done it you'd have been screaming privatisation, privatisation
Old 23-10-2010, 10:08   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
some more jobs go party of law and order my ass BBC News - Lancashire Police could axe all 427 PCSOs
Whats that got to do with the NHS you been on the Mancie juice
Old 23-10-2010, 10:10   #70
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Here we go again, we've been over PCSO's in depth elsewhere,they are in all honesty useless & bring nothing but a presence on the streets costing good money that could be used better by employing proper Coppers !

But of course that really isn't your aim is it ? So long as you can have a dig at a party that doesn't suit your jaded dogmatic perception of "Proper governance" you'll turn pretty much anything into a political arguement. The title is "HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS", why bring up PCSO's here, C'mon ? Either find the older thread or start a new one mate ! Then we can argue the toss all day long.
Old 23-10-2010, 10:12   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Here we go again, we've been over PCSO's in depth elsewhere,they are in all honesty useless & bring nothing but a presence on the streets costing good money that could be used better by employing proper Coppers !

But of course that really isn't your aim is it ? So long as you can have a dig at a party that doesn't suit your jaded dogmatic perception of "Proper governance" you'll turn pretty much anything into a political arguement. The title is "HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS", why bring up PCSO's here, C'mon ? Either find the older thread or start a new one mate ! Then we can argue the toss all day long.
Great minds think alike Dave
Old 23-10-2010, 10:15   #72
Give, give, give member

A QUANGO set up to slash NHS waste spent nearly £1million on staff away days and hospitality in just 16 months.

Read more: Waste slashers’ £1mil on treats | The Sun |News

Just because money's thrown at something, doesn't necessarily make it better.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 10:19   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
A QUANGO set up to slash NHS waste spent nearly £1million on staff away days and hospitality in just 16 months.

Read more: Waste slashers’ £1mil on treats | The Sun |News

Just because money's thrown at something, doesn't necessarily make it better.
Wonder who set that quango up?
Old 23-10-2010, 10:22   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:
i remember when the tories were last in power hospitals were crumbling and in so much disrepair there was damp and leaking roofs.when labour came in i never seen so many new hospitals,they had to invest or the nhs would have collapsed because it was so underfunded ander the last tory goverment.people have short memories.
I last had the same operation I've just had, in 1985.

The care then was just as good, if not better than now.

I witnessed a lot less waste in the N.H.S. in the eighties.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 10:23   #75
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Great minds think alike Dave
You could see it like that Jay but I prefer to see it as the cerebral version of "take yer' jacket off Lar & let's go talk outside !" Only without the bloodshed, snot & tears.

Well lets be honest, that's what he's after isn't it ? to start a virtual brawl !

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 23-10-2010 at 10:26.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..