Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2007, 10:14   #1
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Household Appliances

I have been having great fun this morning with a power washer. I bought it a couple of weeks ago for about £30 as we are in the process of doing up the garden. I thought it would be handy to clean the path and decorative walls with.

I have used it for the first time today to jet wash the wheelie bin which had developed a nasty smell and was housing a family of slugs..

What fun it was..... I have also tested it on part of the wall and all I can say is that I wish that I hadn't had a shower before doing this because I now need another one. The muck that came off the bin and the wall was unbelieveable and it was brilliant to use. The only problem was that I must have developed a bit of back pressure in the hose and have soaked a fair bit of the kitchen. I do, however believe that I now have the cleanest wheelie bin in the borough.

This is my new favourite household appliance.. What's yours and why?

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2007, 10:17   #2
God Member

Re: Household Appliances

lettie, try writing your name with it in the dirt...
Old 29-04-2007, 10:19   #3
Senior Member+

Lettie, if you decide to clean out your dads wheelie bin then don't forget to call at my house and do mine. lol
Old 29-04-2007, 10:20   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sounds pretty good that powerwasher lettie, all appliances are my favourite with the exeption of the hoover, the reason being= Paris uses em. but i do the hoovering
Old 29-04-2007, 10:27   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lettie, try writing your name with it in the dirt...

Hehehe.... Never thought of that one, there's plenty of dirt left I'll get right on it. I'm going to have to do some major mopping up in the kitchen before sparks gets home from work though..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 29-04-2007, 10:31   #6
God Member

lol, i used to do it on mi sisters path, it really peed her off coming home to find SHANIDA written all over her drive
Old 29-04-2007, 11:03   #7
Senior Member+

Lettie,where did you get one for 30 quid?We could do with one here to clean up the yard but the ones i've seen seem a lot of money.By the way just love putting the washing machine on,can't stand a full laundry basket
Old 29-04-2007, 13:50   #8
God Member

oh i love using the jet washer trouble is ive broken it at mo and im awaiting hubby to do his magic on it so i can play again...heehee
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 14:08   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
oh i love using the jet washer trouble is ive broken it at mo and im awaiting hubby to do his magic on it so i can play again...heehee

ok ok so you broke it, but we dont need to know HOW you broke it mel or what you where doing with it when it broke so now you NEED it fixing so you can play again lol
Old 29-04-2007, 14:08   #10
God Member

you strange woman you
Old 29-04-2007, 14:18   #11
Resident Waffler

I don't think I do have a favourite appliance.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 14:50   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
ok ok so you broke it, but we dont need to know HOW you broke it mel or what you where doing with it when it broke so now you NEED it fixing so you can play again lol

you have a filthy mind but non the less my secrets out now heehee
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 14:53   #13
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I don't think I do have a favourite appliance.
Of course you do!! high-powered, state of the art, gets ALL the jobs done with the minimum of fuss, IT'S MEeeeee
Old 29-04-2007, 19:08   #14
Filthy / Gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Lettie,where did you get one for 30 quid?We could do with one here to clean up the yard but the ones i've seen seem a lot of money.By the way just love putting the washing machine on,can't stand a full laundry basket
I got it at Asda at Easter. It may have been on special offer but they were £20 dearer at Homebase at the time.

Old 29-04-2007, 19:18   #15
God Member

I also love the powerwasher, usually use it on the car but last week I did the decking, what a difference it makes. The dishwasher is also a favourtite of mine though didn't want one at first, love it now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..