Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2007, 21:57   #1

How could any do this?

Hyndburn Stray Dogs In Need how could anyone dump puppies. Look at them they are so cute. What kind of scum does this.
Old 27-12-2007, 22:01   #2
God Member

Re: How could any do this?

unfortunately speedy there are some sick people about, i know some people who get a dog then get rid of it as soon as it starts chewing stuff or starts messing the house up, its terrible
Old 27-12-2007, 22:06   #3
God Member

You hear all sorts of terrible stories, don't you?

Animals being dumped, people moving house and not taking the cat/dog but just locking it out when they leave, people getting a cat/dog and then dumping it when it gets older to get a puppy/kitten as these are cuter.

There are some rotten folk about.
Old 27-12-2007, 22:07   #4

People like this deserve to die in a very long and painful way in my eyes. It really does get me going a tad.
Old 27-12-2007, 22:08   #5
God Member

Given the striking colours of the poor mites, I wouldn't mind betting that the owners will be recognised, and possibly named and shamed, reported to rspca and banned from keeping pets.
Old 27-12-2007, 22:08   #6
Resident Waffler

Sounds like someone's dog had puppies and they didn't want the responsibility.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 22:09   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Given the striking colours of the poor mites, I wouldn't mind betting that the owners will be recognised, and possibly named and shamed, reported to rspca and banned from keeping pets.
Let's hope so.
Old 27-12-2007, 22:10   #8
God Member

if people dont want the dogs to have puppies then they should have the mentality to get them 'done' if they cant afford to get them 'done' then they shouldnt have the dog in the first place
Old 27-12-2007, 22:49   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

this has always happened unfortunately with puppies n kittens etc, more so nowadays i think, some people in society do not give a rats, unless its numero uno, theres no heavy punishment if caught, so they have nowt to lose, pity cashys not a judge.
Old 27-12-2007, 23:00   #10
God Member

seem to remember at one time you could take unwanted pups and kittens down to the Gt. Harwood council yard behind the Plough pub and they had this big box thing with a sliding glass top which they put animals went in , they flipped a switch and the animals were dead , guess the Hyndburn Council doesn't offer this service anymore , think the guy who did the street sweeping was in charge of the machine , if any of the kids was going down he allways told his mates so they could tag along , guess times change
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 23:04   #11

some people are so cruel to dump animals and the puppies are so cute. hopefully they will find loving homes soon. bless
Old 27-12-2007, 23:07   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
they had this big box thing with a sliding glass top which they put animals went in , they flipped a switch and the animals were dead
I sometimes think it might be a good idea if you could do this with certain members of the human race!
Old 27-12-2007, 23:09   #13
Senior Member+

Thank goodness no-one told me about that when I was a kid, John. I would have cried for weeks.

The thing that really gets to me about this thread is thinking back to when Clio was so ill. We would have given anything for her to get through it and then I see folk ditching puppies not much smaller than she was.

Words fail me.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 23:58   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
wow aleks has a heart
lol
onli jokin
Old 27-12-2007, 23:59   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
seem to remember at one time you could take unwanted pups and kittens down to the Gt. Harwood council yard behind the Plough pub and they had this big box thing with a sliding glass top which they put animals went in , they flipped a switch and the animals were dead , guess the Hyndburn Council doesn't offer this service anymore , think the guy who did the street sweeping was in charge of the machine , if any of the kids was going down he allways told his mates so they could tag along , guess times change

omg thats awful!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..