Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2007, 07:44   #31
mez
God Member

Re: How Do You Eat Yours

oooooooh g/c i havn't had eggy bread for years .......i like my eggs fried & runny.or scrambled in toasted nan bread .mmmmm plenty of black pepper too.. trouble is my tender tum only allows me 1 egg per week.
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2007, 08:37   #32
God Member

I forgot about eggy bread, love this with maple syrup.
Old 15-05-2007, 08:55   #33
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

oh i like omelete!!, especially with mushrooms, bacon, and tomatos chucked in, and cheese melted on top!! , not very healthy though, but whos gives a toss, live now die later!!!
Old 15-05-2007, 11:04   #34

Fried, with bacon and brown sauce please!!
Old 15-05-2007, 11:25   #35
God Member

I like eggs done most ways ... but yes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Bacon and fried egg butty
Is my favourite too
Old 15-05-2007, 12:52   #36

fried has to be runny with nice hot chips to dunk in ..yum Boiled for some reason i only eat the yolk bit mushed up on toast. I think its because it makes me feel sick when i find those specks of blood in the egg white
Tombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 13:57   #37
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ewww you put me off now!!!..lol
Old 15-05-2007, 14:57   #38
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: How Do You Eat Yours

The humble hen’s egg is one of nature’s most versatile foods around.

Have I got this right? A fresh egg will sink to the bottom of the saucepan whilst a not so fresh egg will tend to float.

I like my eggs done in one of four ways – soft boiled or hard boiled for salads and sandwiches, fried with the white cooked through but the yoke soft, scrambled or as an omelette.

I keep my eggs in the fridge but to place them into boiling water is only asking for the shell to crack and it usually does. So I put the egg/s into cold water and bring it to the boil. As soon as the water is showing signs of boiling I set the timer running - 3½ minutes for a small egg, 4 - 4½ minutes for a medium sized egg and 5 - 5½ minutes for a large or extra large egg. The egg white is usually cooked and the yolk soft.

However a Charles D.H. Williams of the University of Exeter at http://newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/CDHW/egg/ reveals that the egg white cooks at a temperature of between 62 – 65 degrees C, whilst the egg yoke will cook at between 65 – 70 degrees C. The duration is dependant on the freshness of the egg, its size/weight and the egg temperature upon insertion into the water. So it is not necessary to boil the water just maintain it at 65 degrees C if you want the yoke soft and the whiter hard.

Or you could go here http://www.hintsandthings.com/kitchen/eggs.htm and try that method.

A fried egg, preferably fried in butter but lard will do, goes well on a bacon buttie or part of a proper mixed grill. Chips, lamb chop, bacon, devilled kidney, fried tomatoes, fried onions and a liberal sprinkling of Daddy’s brown sauce. Some people like mushrooms in a mixed grill but I don’t like them.

Scrambled in butter on toast, buttered of course, but most people end up with a scrambled omelette because they over cook it. Melt some butter in a frying pan unless you can get hold of a special scrambled egg utensil.** Let the frying pan cool. Break in two or three eggs and whisk lightly. You cannot scramble more than three at a time successfully. Return the frying pan to a high heat and start stirring the mixture. DO NOT stop stirring. Once the snotty bits are beginning to show signs of being cooked reduce the heat to about half and keep stirring. Just before the whole mess is cooked take the frying pan off the heat and keep stirring. The egg will continue cooking from its own internal heat even as you spoon it out onto the toast. Add salt/pepper etc to taste and enjoy.

** A scrambled egg thingy was a saucepan type of thing that you filled with water, boiled the water and kept it boiling whilst you did the egg stirring thing in a fryingpan type of thing resting on top of the saucepan.

An omelette can be a meal on its own. Prepare some corned beef or spam or fried bacon or even chicken into tiny pieces. Or the whole lot. Having had the forethought of saving some of the new potatoes you boiled earlier cut a couple in to small pieces. Chop some cheese into small pieces. Chop up some spring onion. Add a few small pieces of tomato. Add bits of mushroom if that’s your thing.

Beat three eggs into a bowl. Beat them quite hard. Put your choice of fat/oil into a frying pan and heat until it is hot. Pour in the beaten egg and cook over a hot flame. As soon as the egg is showing signs of being cooked but the top is still quite runny pour on the other ingredients onto one half of the cooking omelette. Fold over the other half and cook for another minute or so. Slide onto a plate and garnish with your favourite sauce. A meal in itself.
Old 15-05-2007, 19:04   #39
God Member

Had my favourite egg, chips and beans tonight, it was delicious.
Old 15-05-2007, 19:06   #40
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Had my favourite egg, chips and beans tonight, it was delicious.
emmm yeh with a dollop of HP sauce
Old 15-05-2007, 19:06   #41
Senior Member+

I had chicken...not an egg in sight
Old 15-05-2007, 19:12   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
emmm yeh with a dollop of HP sauce
Have you been spying on me? I did have a dollop of HP
Old 15-05-2007, 20:16   #43
Resident Waffler

I like egg and cress sandwiches.

We used to do eggy bread when I was younger. My Mum called it "Egberts" which was because they were eggs and bread but not egg buts (ie butties/sandwiches)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 20:27   #44
Passed away 25-11-09

TIP!

If you like a light, fluffy omelet, cook it in the pan until it starts to solidify then place it, still in the pan, under a medium grill. The omelet will rise like a soufflé - but don't overdo it or it will sink again and end up like shoe-leather. It's even lighter if you add a little water to the beaten egg, before cooking, instead of milk.

Enjoy!
Old 15-05-2007, 21:02   #45
Senior Member+

i love eggs anyway they come,exept raw eggs,best is sunnyside up served hot on a bun thats packed with butter
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..