Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 23:08   #1
Yank in King Art's Court!

How to handle a Chav?

Officer Cleared of Choking Skateboarder
Posted: Tuesday 07/03/07 05:09 PM EDT
Filed Under: Crime News

Not sure if this story has been discussed here! So what do you think, the right force?

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-07-2007, 23:16   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: How to handle a Chav?

not enough force.
Old 04-07-2007, 23:23   #3

Would this little bit of force be okay over there? I would sure hope so. These little hooligans got just what they deserved.

Old 04-07-2007, 23:24   #4
Give, give, give member

He did seem rather excessive, but without seeing what the skater had done before the video was shot, it's hard to comment.

Is it illegal to skate on the pavement in the U.S.?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 23:26   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Would this little bit of force be okay over there? I would sure hope so. These little hooligans got just what they deserved.
the way it is now here they would probably sue the police, the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Old 04-07-2007, 23:27   #6
Give, give, give member

Are white poeple taking to the streets in protest, similar to what happened after the Rodney King incident?

Old 04-07-2007, 23:29   #7

By pavement you mean sidewalks right? Yes, it's considered a public nuisance I would guess in most city centers plus they jump the rails and jump over steps and other destructive things.

Most towns and cities have skateparks that have all the ramps, rails, and other challenges that skateboarders like. Our little town has both a beginners skating area and also one for really experiences skaters. Plus they can skate all around the parks walkways.

Old 04-07-2007, 23:32   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Are white poeple taking to the streets in protest, similar to what happened after the Rodney King incident?
Nah, only to protest that the cop was to out of shape to catch the one that got away! Funny thing though. As that kid booked off one of the friends is heard calling out his name.

Many of these kids have pretty bad attitudes and I think that is what set off the whole situation. The cop probably asked the kids to stop skating and they gave him a bit of lip!

Old 04-07-2007, 23:33   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
By pavement you mean sidewalks right? Yes, it's considered a public nuisance I would guess in most city centers plus they jump the rails and jump over steps and other destructive things.

Most towns and cities have skateparks that have all the ramps, rails, and other challenges that skateboarders like. Our little town has both a beginners skating area and also one for really experiences skaters. Plus they can skate all around the parks walkways.
Sorry, yeah a pavement equals a sidewalk.

More of a nuicance over here on the pavements are little chavs on bikes, and oldies on mobility scooters.

I'd quite like to see some of your U.S. law enforcers over here, tackling some of them.

Old 05-07-2007, 00:06   #10
Resident Waffler

It can be unnerving if you're walking along Broadway and a skateboarder scoots up behind you. If he had tried to tell them to stop and they had refused and given him lip I can see how it can have got out of hand but really without seeing it all it's hard to say.

It does look like the police have more authority over there than they do over here. Here the youngsters would probably have told the police where to go and then sued them for harassment.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:04   #11

Yeah, this is a double thread but I thought it was worth it to make sure anyone else had a view at it . . . plus it's my thread anyhoo!

This is gonna be a major thread wander but I didn't feel it could muster a thread (and alot of my buddies will see it anyhoo!)
As we are celebrating the fourth over here, I decided to light up a batch of firecrackers. Of course this was while the family and friends were playing a heated round of croquet. Well, caught em all by great surprise. My son went off screaming and my lovely daughter Annie pee'd her pants (alittle says she)! Oh what great fun!
Hugs and Kisses,
Brian

Old 05-07-2007, 06:14   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

there was nothing wrong with that!
he should have used his truncheon and threw it at his legs, that would have stopped em
Old 05-07-2007, 11:07   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
there was nothing wrong with that!
he should have used his truncheon and threw it at his legs, that would have stopped em
Can see the headlines "Police kneecap hooligans to stop them being a pain to the general public". Well either that or you cloths line em as they go past, which would be my prefered method. Could always claim you were pointing directions to some pour lost soul when the numpty collided with your arm.
That way its their fault not yours.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 23:20   #14

Just to clarify- had they basically just been riding skateboards on the pavement? and if the answer is yes how can anyone think this is reasonable?

And Garinda- is it your famous humour or are you serious when you compare the case to Rodney King's?
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 23:31   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Just to clarify- had they basically just been riding skateboards on the pavement? and if the answer is yes how can anyone think this is reasonable?

And Garinda- is it your famous humour or are you serious when you compare the case to Rodney King's?

Appologies, that should have course read Rodney Bickerstaffe of the TUC.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..