Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2018, 19:25   #31
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Hyndburn Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well that won't make much difference if they join and hardly ever post will it Mark.?
Sarky B'Stard! But I like it!
Old 10-02-2018, 10:48   #32

A predictable response I suppose. I wonder if my considered opinion would have been accepted without such a response had it come from a member with many thousands of posts to their credit.

Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:15   #33

More a valid response than a predictable one, I would have thought. A forum can have many members, but that won't make much difference if only a small percentage actually post anything. I have over a thousand posts to my credit, but my contribution hasn't been as prolific for some time now, so the comment could also apply to me.
cashman likes this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 19:11   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I thought it was a valid response Michael, but suppose yeh can't suit everybody.
Old 10-02-2018, 20:30   #35
Senior Member+

Good evening everybody. Been a bit wet outside so I did the sensible thing and stayed in doors.
I think after the next G&T I will go to bed, listen to the radio and have another G&T.

So it's good night from me and good night from me again.
Old 10-02-2018, 20:49   #36
Beacon of light

Good night Russell...that sounds like a sterling Saturday evening to me.
Gremlin likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 21:24   #37

Well Jim P it looks like you might have shaken things up a bit. Not sure if it’s because of your thread or just a coincidence (we’ll assume the former) but there’s been more postings on more threads lately than for a while now.

I joined Accyweb initially to tap into the minds of members re some things I was trying to find out about his nibs’ family history. I was very pleasantly surprised and extremely grateful at the quick responses I got and the important information I received.

I found I was enjoying the forum so much that I stayed. To me it’s a bit like a family with members agreeing and disagreeing as the case may be. All entitled to their opinions. I enjoy my daily dose especially the heated debates that occur from time-to-time. Should be more of them – bring ‘em on! (By the way, where’s Less these days?).

…and Margaret, I don’t belong to Facebook or the other forums mentioned either – not interested. Accrington Web does for me.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 21:25   #38

By the way, one thing I found out was that my husband’s grandfather married Jim P’s grandmother (yes, the same Jim P that started this thread!) when they were both widowed and as well as information about them Jim let me have a copy of their wedding picture. We’d no idea about any of this before. Think that sort of makes us related, Jim, even though only remotely and through marriage.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 21:34   #39
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
A predictable response I suppose. I wonder if my considered opinion would have been accepted without such a response had it come from a member with many thousands of posts to their credit.

Mark
Give over Fella! You don't need thousands of posts to be considered "acceptable" just a steady contribution wouldn't go amiss. Lets face it joining Dec 2009 & 20 posts? I too joined Dec 2009 (31 st) to be precise & 7588 posts including this one.

Get involved & the pish taking won't stop, but it'll be more good natured.
Old 10-02-2018, 23:22   #40
Senior Member+

I must admit although I do the 6 letter thing I stopped posting some time ago. I'm not sure why, after my wife died I think but I always check it out every day.Enjoy Margaret's and others blogs.
Yes, we should all make an effort to get Accyweb back to where it was.
cashman likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 23:59   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Give over Fella! You don't need thousands of posts to be considered "acceptable" just a steady contribution wouldn't go amiss. Lets face it joining Dec 2009 & 20 posts? I too joined Dec 2009 (31 st) to be precise & 7588 posts including this one.

Well you do need to try and make up for the Aircraft chap who loved to take the P*** but couldn't stand it when the tables were turned when the scousers went into decline.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:18   #42
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

I agree son.
One post or twenty thousand posts...it is actually posting that makes the difference.
An opinion, regardless of whose it is, stimulates interest and responses.
Yes, I think if this member had looked back over other threads, he would see that on some threads there is passionate disagreement, but also a kind of banter that happens inside a family.
Accyweb feels like a family.

I hope this has not put him off posting more...if it has,then perhaps his sensitive nature would lend itself better to Hyndburn Chat.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:26   #43

Fair comments
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:26   #44
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Well you do need to try and make up for the Aircraft chap who loved to take the P*** but couldn't stand it when the tables were turned when the scousers went into decline.
Steady on now Bazza, some might think yer 'avin a little gloatlet there! 5 points isn't the greatest of margins my friend, you just keep looking over your shoulder .....
Old 11-02-2018, 11:29   #45
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
Fair comments
Mark
See, there you go you're already making a contribution, not hard is it? 21 & counting!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..