Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2005, 21:39   #1
Senior Member+

Hyndburn Comets need your help

I'm sure most of you have either seen or heard of your local majorette troupe The Hyndburn Comets. Well over the past year I have been driving their coach for them, taking them to competitions/ fetes/galas etc. The coach is owned by them and maintained by the coach company that I work for and sadly the old girl is getting well past her sell by date. Ken and Marie who run the troupe are two wonderful people who devote so much time to these girls a number of who have special needs (not that you'd realise it if you've watched them perform). Unfortunately recently Ken has been in hospital recovering from the removal of a part cancerous kidney however I digress, I'm appealing for all you Accringtonians to get behind these girls and the organisers to raise some cash to go towards a new Coach for them so we can carry on with the exceptional work that they do for these girls. We need to raise approx. £8000. so PLEASE any donations would be gratefully recieved. The Comets are based at no.5 Backhouse street or alternatively come and see me at Abbey Coaches Whalley Road (by AAA recovery (And sadly Cranberry Coachways--sorry busman!!))
PLEASE HELP US !!!!!!

jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2005, 16:46   #2
Senior Member+

I recieved a PM earlier informing me that I had not included a postal address for the comets or who to make cheques payable to (DUUUUH!!)
so here goes:

Hyndburn Comets
Unit 5
Backhouse Street
Oswaldtwistle
Lancs.

Please make cheques payable to: Hyndburn Comets.

DIG DEEP GUYS WE'RE COUNTING ON YOU!!
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2005, 17:13   #3
Give, give, give member

Re: Hyndburn Comets need your help

Good luck with your appeal.

Since the postal address is just a hunded yards from where I live, the next time my house shakes I'll know it's not an earthquake, it's just the majorettes practising.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2005, 09:07   #4

Send me an email at [email protected] and we'll try to put an appeal in the Observer for the group
vitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..