Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 17:36   #106
God Member

Re: hyndburn life website

Anything is a waste of money done wrong. It could be good done right. Hyndburn or accy and district will need a portal.
Old 03-07-2007, 18:00   #107
Resident Waffler

If it was a good site which was regularly updated with accurate information and you could rely on it to be accurate then that would be great but apparently there was no IT bod on the council to keep it updated.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 18:27   #108
Always EVIL within us

I wonder if "Clicks & Links" will yet again be involved? For those that do not know, this is the company that "designed" Hyndburn Life! They made major errors in their HTML coding and despite being informed by some accyweb members these early mistakes were not rectified

If this same company is used yet again, perhaps a close look into who is paying who - and with what funds might make interesting reading:rolleyes
:
Old 03-07-2007, 18:40   #109
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well I don't know, but accyweb is here, it is already established without a great deal of expense couldn't local information be updated without too much expense on this site? Stanley, (for example), seem happy here, can the council not use the resources already available? Rather than spend money needed elsewhere?

All they need to do I'm sure is ask.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 18:44   #110
Resident Waffler

HyndburnLife wasn't supposed to be just a forum. It was supposed to be an informative website. I'm sure there are AccyWebbers who could maintain an informative website a darned site cheaper and have it linked onto here as the forum.

Maybe the prospect of all that criticising that we do of HBC was too much for them, but then again even if it's a council run forum they are still liable to get people on there voicing a critical opinion now and again.

Old 03-07-2007, 18:44   #111
God Member

This is far too interactive for a council website.
Old 03-07-2007, 19:00   #112
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
They should offer me the job of rebuilding and running the site. I would make it a success.. but it will be a job for the boys and another flop...
I understand the need for an official website - and also why they (the council) would shy away from amalgamating with a public forum no matter how successful.

Maybe someone will see the benefit of approaching an individual (yeah, I mean you amonst others Kipax, Ouch, that hurt) and get a far superior website for a cost that is value for money, with an ongoing update over a number of years.
Old 03-07-2007, 19:01   #113
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
This is far too interactive for a council website.
Yes I quite agree, and they would tie it up with so much red tape, Stanley and the ordinary posts would disappear under the bumph, (but it would be a nice Idea)!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 19:07   #114
God Member

They could give me a part time job on minimum wage.. I am officially classed as disabled now so they would be doing there bit for the minorities The pittance they pay me would be a drop in the ocean and they would get a website by someone who knows hyndburn and whats needed.. as well as 15 yrs experience... But back in the real world.. if they do advertise it they will ask for a graduate with all manner of degrees who doesn't know his bottom from his elbow..

Jobs for the boys winds me up sometimes..If anyone from the council is reading....Gizza job!
Old 03-07-2007, 19:49   #115

Maybe those banners about corrupt Dobson were not wrong afterall?
Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 19:51   #116
Resident Waffler

I don't think that had anything to do with Hyndburnlife.

Old 03-07-2007, 20:02   #117

What were about then?
Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 20:06   #118
God Member

Quote:
They could give me a part time job on minimum wage.. I am officially classed as disabled now so they would be doing there bit for the minorities The pittance they pay me would be a drop in the ocean and they would get a website by someone who knows hyndburn and whats needed.. as well as 15 yrs experience... But back in the real world.. if they do advertise it they will ask for a graduate with all manner of degrees who doesn't know his bottom from his elbow..

Jobs for the boys winds me up sometimes..If anyone from the council is reading....Gizza job!
Are you multilingual ?
Old 03-07-2007, 20:08   #119
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
What were about then?

The website ?
Old 04-07-2007, 20:10   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747 View Post
I wonder if "Clicks & Links" will yet again be involved? For those that do not know, this is the company that "designed" Hyndburn Life! They made major errors in their HTML coding and despite being informed by some accyweb members these early mistakes were not rectified

If this same company is used yet again, perhaps a close look into who is paying who - and with what funds might make interesting reading:rolleyes:
#

I think you will find that it wasn't clicks and links fault.........it was the people behind the website that had bidded for the money and then not used it properly.

I know when I had any problems with another website and got onto clicks and links direct they were more than helpful and rectified the problems straight away.

Thats just my opinion anyway.
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..