Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2021, 16:22   #1
God Member

Hypercrits Cop-Out

Best piece I’ve heard for a while…

https://www.gbnews.uk/gb-views/neil-...t-cop26/150704
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2021, 17:10   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Hypercrits Cop-Out

Thank you for posting that link Exile….it epitomises all that is wrong with the world.
That is, the Elite can do absolutely anything they wish because….the no fly, no drive, eat dust rules do not apply to them.
Why oh why in times when conference calls are second nature do they need to jet off to some large city….be wined and dined on the finest food….while they tell us we should be eating gruel??
Do they really think we cannot see what they are doing.
All this climate change hoo-ha is just a ploy to make us pay more to live less.
It is to widen the divide between the peasants and the rulers…..and we are being diverted from processing this by other issues….wokery, transgender, white privilege, looting is alright, defund the police…..this is fed to us in the hope that we will take less notice of the rulers, the elite…..and the agenda for the great reset.
I am so glad that I am 74, not 24.

If they really considered that climate change was a real threat, then they would be better looking at controlling the population….oh yes, they are doing that with genetic treatment masquerading as a vaccine…one that will not stop you from getting the virus…or transmitting it.
Sorry for the rant.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2021, 17:13   #3
Beacon of light

I know that this opinion will not resonate with very man6 out there…but it just has to be said.
Old 31-10-2021, 17:52   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i have not been convinced for a long while about this Global Warning, yep its a problem, but i am not at all convinced the blame is on the right door, myself i think it simply a change of weather which has occured for donkeys years and its sod all to do with what these supposed leaders are telling us, that will not go down well with them cos they make millions out of frightening people,also will not go down well with most of the public i reckon cos they have been scared by them also. i personally do not give a stuff cos thats my honest opinion of it. im entitled to that. if people wake up and think back there was an ICE AGE once,not saying its not a problem im saying its the cause im disputing.
Old 31-10-2021, 18:44   #5
Beacon of light

We are easy patsies for the politicians to blame Cashy…it is another control freak era technique.
Give the plebs something to scare them….why?
Well, scared people are easier to control and manipulate.
That is what it is all about….oh and making us pay through the snout for heat, light and transport.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:03   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Best piece I’ve heard for a while…

https://www.gbnews.uk/gb-views/neil-...t-cop26/150704

Quite like Neil Oliver, remember him doing coast & various History shows years back before Al Beeb got all arsey & PC. Since he's been on GB News he seems to have gotten better, no restraints on his views & opinions. Would happily enjoy going for a pint & a chat with him.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:55   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We are easy patsies for the politicians to blame Cashy…it is another control freak era technique.
Give the plebs something to scare them….why?
Well, scared people are easier to control and manipulate.
That is what it is all about….oh and making us pay through the snout for heat, light and transport.
Aye and whos gonna make all the money from this? it sure aint joe public is it, its the rich who no doubt support this rubbish.
Old 01-11-2021, 19:20   #8
Beacon of light

We have had only a day or so of this Cop thing, but I am already fed up of the crap being spouted by these heads of state…..and those who believe themselves to be different to the ‘ man in the street’.
Especially when you read that 400 private jets standby to transport these elite…..and that there is a flotilla of cruise ships in the Clyde to accommodate staff to service these elite.
What kind of Carbon emissions might this be producing….oh, but hold on…it’s OK they are using electric cars to get about….so that makes it alright does it?
I’m not sure that it does.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 01-11-2021, 19:29   #9
Beacon of light

The ONS has reported a 13% drop in energy usage over the last three decades…..especially the use of fossil fuels.
Maybe this can be accounted for by the decline in manufacturing over that period of time.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:08   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The ONS has reported a 13% drop in energy usage over the last three decades…..especially the use of fossil fuels.
Maybe this can be accounted for by the decline in manufacturing over that period of time.
add on to that all the windfarms, solar panals, greener this and greener that which we are all indirectly paying for over the last twenty odd years that now seem to have been pointless if more needs to be done to make the jealots happy. then you have the big elephant missing from the room, china. like having a peace treaty without the two combatents being present. now there is less virus fear they had to dig something else up to scare people into being good little citezans and follow the governments advice. afraid this will be another subject where you have to dig deep to find an alternative view and then be called an anti this or the other on top of what you are called already.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:54   #11
God Member

Slowly building back sensible….

https://order-order.com/

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...signatures/new
Old 05-11-2021, 11:53   #12
Beacon of light

I have put my name to this petition….not that I believe any kind of referendum would make a difference….we know what the media is capable of in its brain rinsing techniques….and scarifying tactics.

If all the hot air emitted by the bigwigs at the COP 26 conference could be harnessed, we could have free heating until after the winter.
Old 05-11-2021, 17:44   #13
God Member

Agree that we won’t be offered any say about this self-flagellation over Green issues (and the massive costs heading our way to pay for it) but politicians do look at, and sometimes fear, public opinion.
And those MPs who currently secretly oppose all this posturing Green Wash (as opposed to sensible, incremental changes that are achievable) will be more than happy to get rid of Johnson and his ilk if they are aware that a good percentage of the voters will back them.
That, for me, was the only point in signing this and other petitions.
Old 08-11-2021, 22:42   #14

Little story doing the rounds is that during the Climate Conference one ‘powerful’ man (I’ll not name and shame him – but the initials JB might give you a clue), when in the presence of Camilla, let out one long ripper of a gas release, commonly known as a fart. Was this a methane explosion – and his contribution to global warming. Is the story true or is it, like so many attendees at the conference, just full of hot air?
taddy likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:21   #15
God Member

well we have had the virus with one way reporting. now we have this conference with similar reporting what will be the next thing to come out that will wind us all up by the one sided MSM and government views on it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..