Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2006, 18:19   #16
I am Banned

Re: I is confused!

ive got some american black friends and they are quite happy to call each other and be called NIGGA but if you call them NIGGER they will pop a cap in your ass lol

seriuosly nigga is acceptable black nigga , white nigga etc and thats from a bunch of niggas's from the usa but even playstation games like grand theft auto use the phrase nigga so it must be true lol

any way ime off to get me some nigga brown wool
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2006, 19:14   #17
I am Banned

How some people have the power to 'ignore' is beyond me. I think its really big of you to ignore the comment. I would of most probably replied with something on the terms of "f*ck off you black Ba*tard".

Im begginging to think that BNP is an easy option. (But they dont like disabled and thats uncalled for) But yeah... A loads of 'Asian' youths around the age of 15 beat up my best friends little brother who is 11 the other day. So im going to wait outside of the Hollins gates some time this next week, follow them home and have their windows put through =)
tomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 19:22   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Just wondered if there are any abusive words to describe a white person, don't mean white ***** etc., (go for it Lampman) just one similar to this word. Sure there are, but none spring to mind, only whitey .. but this not too bad.
Ive been called a White Nappy before lol.
But I suppose to be REALLY racist, you could reply with 'dirty' nappy. Asin to attack them for being black.

But I didnt. Judging people by their colour is insane. God see's no colour. thats what I say.

These lil peeps are all different colours =)
Old 25-03-2006, 19:26   #19
Resident Waffler

Tomz I know someone from Hollins who was set upon by an Asian lad yesterday.

Of course it's racial abuse to call you those names lampman because they were intended to offend. It's odd that the word "negro" is unacceptable but the word "black" is OK because "negro" is simply Spanish for "black". There's still a Rio Negro isn't there? If it's just a word it shouldn't be a problem but if it's used as an intentional insult then it needs a stop putting to it. "Honky" is a word used by black people to insult white people but I'm not what it's meant to mean.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 19:43   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman
During the course of my daily employment I encounter many mid teen to early 20's youngsters(both Asian and white)Recently I had the misfortune to hear two Asian youths referring to me as a white nigger,thinking I'd misheared them I ignored the comment,then found it was repeated as they later passed me.Unsure of how to address this I took the easy option and ignored it.
Regrettably this has since happened to another member of staff,this time being referred to as a white nigger bastard.
I have since learned that this is a term that Asian youth use to signify the lowest of the low.
My question dear reader is, does this amount to racial abuse?
Has anyone else ever had this term used against them?
Finally what would response would you have given?
There is a University thesis in this somewhere.
the problem we've got is that too many of us choose to ignore this sort of abuse for fear of appearing racist, its absolute rubbish, if the shoe had been on the other foot and you had called them dirty p-ki bastards, your feet wouldn't have touched the floor, you'd have been reported before you could blink. my best friend is black and prefers to be refered to that way, whats the problem she has respect for others and has no problem whatsoever with her colour or anybody elses for that matter, its all about having some respect for others, what planet are these people from!! it makes my blood boil. Report them every time they have the nerve to insult you, its because they get away with it that they carry on doing it.
carolef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 20:11   #21
I am Banned

Report them. Then chuck a bucket of white paint over them. They will think twice about calling you white next time. Hmmmm thats not such a bad idea actually.... *thinks*....

But anyway on a more serious note, when I went to Rhyddings School, it was the same. All the 'black' students could say what they liked and do what they liked to us, but the ONE moment a white student did something or said something to a black student, it was RACIST RACIST RACIST!!!! Absolutely pathetic.
Old 26-03-2006, 09:08   #22

Well a lot of advice to ponder there.Having had a think about it,this is how I see it.
If a white youth has insulted me and I don't report it.I can not then report an Asian youth for a similar 'offence' as this in itself could be construed to be a racist action.
What a muddled world we live in!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 11:06   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman
Well a lot of advice to ponder there.Having had a think about it,this is how I see it.
If a white youth has insulted me and I don't report it.I can not then report an Asian youth for a similar 'offence' as this in itself could be construed to be a racist action.
What a muddled world we live in!
A stand has to be made sometime and regardless of how it feels you have to do it. If you dont it could get worse and you will proberly feel guilty about not trying to stop it when you had the chance.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 14:24   #24
Resting in Peace

Lampman would I be right in assuming that you are a member of a Union?????

If you are get on to the branch and have them to get hold of anti-racist posters and put them up ALL over the place but also see if the can have it done in ALL languages and see if they can also make it clear that there IS a ZERO TOLLERENCE for racisum

Also report this offence and make sure any others do likewise
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 14:38   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T

Also report this offence and make sure any others do likewise
Having said all this my grandaughter has just been in and told me a tale of what happened at school this week. They have employed, whom she describes as a lovely supply teacher, he is Asian and four boys have been hurtling abuse at him all week. Making fun of his name, asking him if he drives taxis at night, etc. Obviously she is white, but nonetheless reported these remarks to the head as she thought the teacher did not deserve such an onslaught. All he was doing was asking them to keep their thoughts to themselves. So occasionally we have to support the other colours sometimes and all cases of abuse naturally.

I also asked her what names was she called from the Asians and came up with two words which were snowflake and milk-bottle.
I didn't think this unkind, however, she pointed out that it does depend on how it is thrown at you. Didn't like it when they called her snowflake trash.
Mind you, with her Goth make-up does look like a milk-bottle sometime.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 21:02   #26
Beacon of light

Lampman....if white youths abused you it would be abuse with NO racial element(still abhorrent - but you can tackle it yourself)......with Asian or ethnic youths the abuse IS racist and you cannot tackle it yourself for fear of being labelled racist yourself......so it DOES need action.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 02:44   #27

Of course it is abuse.. can't understand why you are confused???
Driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 03:01   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomz
Report them. Then chuck a bucket of white paint over them. They will think twice about calling you white next time. Hmmmm thats not such a bad idea actually.... *thinks*....

But anyway on a more serious note, when I went to Rhyddings School, it was the same. All the 'black' students could say what they liked and do what they liked to us, but the ONE moment a white student did something or said something to a black student, it was RACIST RACIST RACIST!!!! Absolutely pathetic.
I doubt there were many "black" students at Rhyddings School or any other School in the Accrington area.. I assume you mean asian students?
Old 27-03-2006, 03:10   #29

Ok just read your post again and came to the conclusion you are either thick or you are posting to stir things up! You were verbly abused yet you have to seek advice from a forum full of divvy's?
Old 27-03-2006, 13:40   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller
Ok just read your post again and came to the conclusion you are either thick or you are posting to stir things up! You were verbly abused yet you have to seek advice from a forum full of divvy's?
Did I say 'I' was abused? No. I didnt think so. So maybe you should read it... again? For a third time? Who knows... third time lucky.

And yes. I mean 'asian' students. Who in this day & age, are usually reffered to as 'black'. I dont know what you would like to call it. But If you wanted to be soooooo picky, I suppose myself and a lot of others are not white? Maybe a mild hint of peach?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..