Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 12:24   #1
God Member

Iceland - Kerry Katona

"Kerry Katona is reportedly being dropped from the Iceland television commercials because she is no longer seen as a model mother."

Not going to win many awards for being quick off the mark are they. Only taken them a couple of years to figure it out
Old 08-01-2008, 16:06   #2
God Member

Re: Iceland - Kerry Katona

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
"Kerry Katona is reportedly being dropped from the Iceland television commercials because she is no longer seen as a model mother."

Not going to win many awards for being quick off the mark are they. Only taken them a couple of years to figure it out
What is a model mother though? The idea of the 'oxo' family isn't so common now is it? It's very rare I meet someone who has a good strong nuclear family, often they have divorced parents who have moved on and have new partners, bringing them step brothers and sisters, some people now have lesbian and gay parents, though from my experience lesbian mothers is more common.
If we put an 'ideal' mother on television, how realistic would it really be? Nobody is going to see an Iceland advert and start acting like any mother they put on the screen. Grown women with children aren't like impressionable teens, they aren't going to see her all nice in an iceland advert, admitting to drug use in magasines and think 'i know, I will do my shopping at iceland and act like model mother but snort coke on the sly.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 16:09   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
What is a model mother though? The idea of the 'oxo' family isn't so common now is it?
2 totally different subjects.
Old 08-01-2008, 17:36   #4

What a useless thread..
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 19:05   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.lee View Post
What a useless thread..
entitled to yer opinion, mine is thats a useless comment.
Old 08-01-2008, 19:52   #6
Full Member+

King Prawn Ring!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 21:02   #7
God Member

Hallelujah! When she first got the Iceland job she was, on the face of things, a popular young mum with a lovely lifestyle and seemingly happily married to Brian McFadden.

Now she looks so rough and every time we open the paper there she is either pregnant and smoking, snorting coke, involved in a drunken bust-up or all three!

I don't condone what her mum did, no matter what my daugher had done I wouldn't slag her to the papers but it looks like she could have been telling the truth. Too many people have come out with the same thing for there to be no truth in it at all.

I feel so sorry for her kids, she's a right state and it's quite right that she is no longer the face of Iceland.
Old 08-01-2008, 21:03   #8
God Member

will save me hearing that annoying voice I guess

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 21:05   #9
Full Member+

lol here u go

even better coked up or drunk ? on gmtv

Last edited by madkev; 08-01-2008 at 21:10.
madkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 21:14   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkev View Post
King Prawn Ring!!!
The advert where they re-named lingoustine 'Big posh prawns' irritated me even more than all the other ones.
Old 08-01-2008, 23:25   #11
Give, give, give member

It's shocking that this clean living, and hard working, not to mention talented, young woman, has been dropped from this advertising campaign.

I for one will never darken the doors of Iceland again, to purchase their dainty party food again, until she is once again the face of British motherhood.

Whatever next?

They'll try telling us that Paris Hilton isn't a good role model for our young girls.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:47   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It's shocking that this clean living, and hard working, not to mention talented, young woman, has been dropped from this advertising campaign.

I for one will never darken the doors of Iceland again, to purchase their dainty party food again, until she is once again the face of British motherhood.

Whatever next?

They'll try telling us that Paris Hilton isn't a good role model for our young girls.
I don't think many young girls care who paris hilton is anyway, i've never heard my little sister talk about paris hilton, not even when she's giggling about stuff with her mates. In fact its all Mcfly, take that and Mika. Shall we not have sexy men on telly in case it makes kiddies corrupt and start having under age sex?

I think it's wrong to drop her because of her private life. Unless she is turning upto work in a state (and in my opinion she always looks alright in the ads) then its unfair. On the other hand some people rake in more money after these situations, look at kate moss for example.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 17:55   #13
Senior Member+

About time too, she is a talentless trollop who is famous for doing what exactly?
Old 09-01-2008, 18:11   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
The advert where they re-named lingoustine 'Big posh prawns' irritated me even more than all the other ones.
lol that was awful!!
Old 09-01-2008, 18:49   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey
I think it's wrong to drop her because of her private life.
I'm with you blazey. I reckon this lot are only after getting rid of her because she's a couple of stones overweight. Fattists, the lot of 'em.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..