Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: In a snap election who would get your vote
conservetive 4 16.00%
labor 5 20.00%
libdem 1 4.00%
UKIP 10 40.00%
other or not bother 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2011, 13:28   #1
God Member

If there was a snap election tomorrow

who would you vote for ?

this poll is anonnymous

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2011, 13:42   #2
Beacon of light

Re: If there was a snap election tomorrow

I'm not sure who I would vote for...it would depend a lot on what they were promising to do.
I might just not vote at all........they all seem to be a shower of sh....manure.
I certainly would not be voting for any of the main three political parties.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 13:49   #3
God Member

I think the MP's want and enjoy us disillusioned and not wanting to bother voting.Either way win or loose they still have a job with a very tidy wage tied to it.

As soon as you get elected as an MP you are set for life.I bet their pensions are never under threat

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 17-11-2011, 14:00   #4
Give, give, give member

I'll be voting for UKIP, as much as that suprises me, to say that.

They most reflect what most concerns me.

Our continued membership of the E.U. affects every aspect of our lives, and blights the future stability, and prosperity of this country.

None of the other mainstream parties are willing to let ordinary people have a right to have a say in their future, and decide for themselves if they want to be part of an organisation they've never voted to be a member of.

That is undemocratic.

Therefore the only way to positively use my vote, is by giving it to the United Kingdom Independence Party.

I feel I have no other choice.

I shall be actively campaigning that others, who perhaps feel similarly as unrepresented by Labour, the Conservatives, and the Liberal Democrats, do the same.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 14:03   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have voted ukip, much as it goes against the grain, if enough people did that am near certain it would enforce a change of stance fer some of the big3.
Old 17-11-2011, 14:23   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have voted ukip, much as it goes against the grain, if enough people did that am near certain it would enforce a change of stance fer some of the big3.

One things for certain, I'm voting for the party, not the person next time.

After how I feel the people of Hyndburn have been shamefully let down, by Graham Jones publicly stating he had no problem with a 'democratic' referendum, and two weeks later voted that we weren't to be allowed to have that democratic right.

Everyone I know must be in Graham Jones '95% of people don't give a toss about Europe', apparently.

Although unlike the bubble Graham Jones lives in, it's becoming breathing room only in mine.

Old 17-11-2011, 15:08   #7
Give, give, give member

The last time we had a straightforward voting intention poll on Accy Web, was suprisingly in 2008.

Be interesting to see if there's a discernible shift in voting intent patterns, compared to today.

Labour 9 25.00%
Conservative 16 . 44.44%
Liberal Democrat 2 5.56%
Other 9 25.00%

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...row-38729.html

Old 17-11-2011, 15:18   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Oh this old one is of those non-anonymous polls, you can click on, and see who voted for what.

I was just being nosey, to check if it was the one a load of students from somehere near Hull joined up for, in order to vote in, before disappearing forever.

It isn't.

Old 17-11-2011, 15:44   #9
Senior Member+

So if I vote UKIP I know their policy is to leave the EU.

Ok. And what is their policy on university tuition fees? the banking crisis? education cuts? the health service? defence spending? the environment.............etc etc etc.

They aren't a relevant party. They are a protest group.

If there was an election tomorrow, I'd give Cameron more time to do what he's started. Not because I'm a Conservative, but because he needs more than 18 months to finish the job he's taken onboard.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 16:03   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
They are relevant to myself, and it seems others, because they best reflect my own views, more so than any other political party.

My vote is a protest vote.

I feel unrepresented by any of the other parties.

It isn't likey they will form the next government.

However they do have policies, just as the other political parties do, if a UKIP candidate was returned as an M.P. in a constituency.

UKIP Policies - UK Independence Party

Old 17-11-2011, 16:33   #11
Rest in Peace

Voted UKIP last and will vote that again. I can't bring myself to vote any other way after all there unkept promises.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 16:35   #12
God Member

read a bit more into UKIP's policies and they are a lot more straight forward than teh other three main partys.Also none of teh main 3 partys ever stick to what they put anyway so their policies are not warth the paper they are written on.

Even if they only did 1 year in power and got us out of the EU id be happy as long as teh next lot in didnt sign us back up to it

Old 17-11-2011, 17:42   #13
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
read a bit more into UKIP's policies and they are a lot more straight forward than teh other three main partys.Also none of teh main 3 partys ever stick to what they put anyway so their policies are not warth the paper they are written on.

Even if they only did 1 year in power and got us out of the EU id be happy as long as teh next lot in didnt sign us back up to it
accyman thats what I was trying to say.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 17:43   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
So if I vote UKIP I know their policy is to leave the EU.

Ok. And what is their policy on university tuition fees? the banking crisis? education cuts? the health service? defence spending? the environment.............etc etc etc.

If there was an election tomorrow, I'd give Cameron more time to do what he's started. Not because I'm a Conservative, but because he needs more than 18 months to finish the job he's taken onboard.
That's what I think too gynn, UKIP are a one trick pony, okay they correct result could be achieved on Europe but the country would be in a worse state than after 13 years of Labour
Old 17-11-2011, 17:45   #15
Resting in Peace

I would probably revert to voting Tory again, depending on who the candidate was, certainly wouldn't be voting for a bint from St Annes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..