Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2006, 18:14   #1
God Member

I'm obviously strange

Just watching the ad on tele for the Citroen Picasso. You know, the one where the robot has painted it in 'picasso-esque' scrawl. I actually think it would be more interesting to have one with the scrawl than plain boring old silver. Anyone else?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2006, 18:16   #2
God Member

Re: I'm obviously strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Just watching the ad on tele for the Citroen Picasso. You know, the one where the robot has painted it in 'picasso-esque' scrawl. I actually think it would be more interesting to have one with the scrawl than plain boring old silver. Anyone else?
Get them to scrawl your name on one. Your claim to fame.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2006, 18:33   #3

Have to say I've always steered clear of Citroens although some friends have had numerous ones and swear by them.

I guess that for what it is the Picasso is ok but IMO there's much better motors out there such as such as the Touran and the X3 but then do you want to pay the premium and do you wish to branded as a BMW driver.

You pays your money you takes your choice.
Old 16-03-2006, 18:36   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Grandaughter had best idea (gulp) once scratched her name on neighbour's car .. couldn't deny she did of course
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 08:38   #5

i have had 4 citroens AX.BX diesel.Saxo,Xantia TD best cars i ever had

got a renault espace 2.1TD at moment done 59K miles and head gasket gone gonna cost £1K for replacement engine
and a peugoet 406 estate LPG which will for sale as soon as the renault repaired,but the gas system needs a service as it troubles idling but i just put up with it
had a ford orion ghia ,three year old and that had a constant fault with it
mondeo estate ,power rack went after 300 miles
frontera 2.4i LWB.. engine popped a piston
best car was Saxo ,bought from new had for 6 yrs,but clutch,Cat,exhauast all went in yr 5
Old 17-03-2006, 09:24   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
I guess that for what it is the Picasso is ok but IMO there's much better motors out there such as such as the Touran and the X3 but then do you want to pay the premium and do you wish to branded as a BMW driver.
How do you compare these vehicles to a Picasso? The Picasso is not a 4 wheel drive (keep remembering that Peter or you will get stuck in the mud again ). It is just one the the oversized, too tall hatchbacks that appear to be popular at the moment.

The only interesting thing about a Picasso is that you can get it with the new 1.6 110bhp HDi diesel engine (it's actually only 1.56 litre) . The previous 110bhp engine was a 2 litre.
Old 17-03-2006, 13:16   #7
God Member

Quote:
Yes I agree, infact I'm suprised that they haven't. Ford had coloured squares a while back on some models. Looked rather good.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 14:53   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
How do you compare these vehicles to a Picasso? The Picasso is not a 4 wheel drive (keep remembering that Peter or you will get stuck in the mud again ). It is just one the the oversized, too tall hatchbacks that appear to be popular at the moment.

The only interesting thing about a Picasso is that you can get it with the new 1.6 110bhp HDi diesel engine (it's actually only 1.56 litre) . The previous 110bhp engine was a 2 litre.
I think you'll find the Touran is 2WD and anyhow they were simply examples, Renault Scenic is like for like or a Fiat Multipla (which is a cracking car IMO) anyhow the point I was making is individual choice is just that, individual choice and thank goodness for it or else we'd all be driving round in the same model of car, going to the same supermarket and living in the same type of house in the same sort of area.

Last edited by Basher; 17-03-2006 at 14:55.
Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 21:16   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue
best car was Saxo ,bought from new had for 6 yrs,but clutch,Cat,exhauast all went in yr 5
I also had a saxo and adored it, got it from new and sold it when it was just over 4 years old as things started to go wrong with it, exhaust being one but the major one was the crank shaft twisted leading to the oil evacuating the system . saying all that though it was one car I can say I absolutely fell in love with. I have a yaris now and its.... just alright!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 22:30   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
....the crank shaft twisted...
Thats 'cus you drive like a posessed woman
Old 17-03-2006, 22:33   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Thats 'cus you drive like a posessed woman
Oy and how would you know how I drive mr????? As for the crank shaft, the mechanic did actually say he had never seen anything like it and both him and his wife both have saxo's.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 17-03-2006, 23:19   #12

How you drive HR? Think the mechanic hit the nail on the head! LOL
Old 17-03-2006, 23:24   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
How you drive HR? Think the mechanic hit the nail on the head! LOL
Ooo me thinks my driving is getting some stick here and I have no idea why!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..