Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2006, 16:53   #16
God Member

Re: I'm positive we're not negative

If the dung heads at HBC spent less of our hard earned money rewarding themselves for making a mess of things and a lot less on sensless feasibility studies and consultants, then there would be plenty in the pot to pay for things like public toilets, the lack of which, necessarily contributes to the unattractiveness of the town centre. As for the perv problem, make them super visible instead of hiding them in out of the way places like the Arndale car park.

As for the hideous blue and white thing on Broadway, I think that it is past time that this was completely demolished. There is not one jot of merit in the damn thing and the cost of renovation would be more than the cost of demolition. Can you imagine how much money Britcliffe and his chums would squander having sois-dissant "experts" tell them how it should be done? I can, and I tell you frankly, the very thought of it makes me want to vomit.

What should we do with the empty space? Correct me if I am wrong but, didn't the 1947 plans for the town centre envisage some sort of open plaza for the area to the rear of the Town Hall? That would be perfect. It would open up a good view of the Market Hall, put some tables and chairs there and a bit of controversial avant garde sculpture and you have the beginings of a cafe culture.
Old 28-10-2006, 17:22   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
It would open up a good view of the Market Hall, put some tables and chairs there and a bit of controversial avant garde sculpture and you have the beginings of a cafe culture.
We've got a take away van & some plastic patio furniture in front of the market hall. What more do you want? lol

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 19:27   #18
Resident Waffler

It shows the spirit is there!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..