Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2009, 07:52   #1
Senior Member+

In Car Music

Do you think the police are right for issuing a fixed penalty ticket for this

Wirral dad fined for playing The Killers' music too loud - Wirral News

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2009, 07:58   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: In Car Music

Yes they are some old,or ill or children will be trying to sleep by 10pm so playing loud music is not on.
there is no need for it at all.
i just wish they would do it more often and round here
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:11   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Yes they are some old,or ill or children will be trying to sleep by 10pm so playing loud music is not on.
there is no need for it at all.
i just wish they would do it more often and round here
I agree 100%, and yes I also think the police should be issuing the fixed penalty tickets round here. Good subject for a PACT meeting.

Albert Einstein.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:30   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Not without proof and sound measuring equipment no.

Quote:
I’m a dad who was driving home from work in a Vauxhall Astra, listening to some music, at what I thought was an acceptable level on my standard factory fitted car radio.
I find it hard to believe a standard fit system could be loud enough to cause a problem outside the car.

Quote:
It seems like such a silly thing but I’ve appealed the ticket on principle. If there is a legal level of noise that I exceeded I will willingly pay my fine, however when the only evidence is the opinion of a police officer, I feel by paying it I could be setting a precedent for laws to be made up as and when the police suit. I’m still totally baffled and feel like this whole situation is unfair and unjust.
I agree with this point completely. What next a ticket for excess flatulence because the Police Officer thought it was too smelly?

Now if we are talking about very loud music in cars that is different. I do think it can effect you in a may that could make driving unsafe. You can't hear or feel the engine revs which can make setting off from a junction feel different for example.

If the Police are going to issue a ticket for excessive noise then there should be a legal measurable limit outside the vehicle. This should apply for all the vehicles noise like its exhaust for example.
This is what they do with tinted windows, they measure the light permissibility through the front side and windscreen and if below the legal limit you get a ticket and possible a prohibition to drive the vehicle.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:51   #5

I think it was correct to fine the driver for playing music too loud. It can be very annoying. I think that others may not like the music i play, e.g opera, so i keep it too a level that only i can hear.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:59   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think it was wrong............... not only fine the thoughtless pigs, smash their radios up as well.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:05   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not without proof and sound measuring equipment no.

I find it hard to believe a standard fit system could be loud enough to cause a problem outside the car.

I agree with this point completely. What next a ticket for excess flatulence because the Police Officer thought it was too smelly?

Now if we are talking about very loud music in cars that is different. I do think it can effect you in a may that could make driving unsafe. You can't hear or feel the engine revs which can make setting off from a junction feel different for example.

If the Police are going to issue a ticket for excessive noise then there should be a legal measurable limit outside the vehicle. This should apply for all the vehicles noise like its exhaust for example.
This is what they do with tinted windows, they measure the light permissibility through the front side and windscreen and if below the legal limit you get a ticket and possible a prohibition to drive the vehicle.
I have a good sound level meter, I will carry that round with me, or better still lets get the environmental health people out with their noise meters.
Have you never stopped next to a car at trafic lights and had your car vibrate because of the noise from the vehicle next to you.
Why should I listen to another persons music, this is no different than a noisy neighbour who plays music loud.

Albert Einstein.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:51   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Why should I listen to another persons music, this is no different than a noisy neighbour who plays music loud.
That is like saying why should I have to walk down the street listening to people swearing or smell someone's cigarette or bad body odour or look at someone offence curtains?

I think it comes down to it being the opinion of the Police Officer concerned. It should have been measurable like 10% over the speed limit is etc
Old 05-12-2009, 09:55   #9
God Member

bloody disgusting its not as though hes one of tehse idiots with a boom box and im pretty sure there plenty of other more serious crimes they could be preventing at 10pm at night,also i find it very parculiar that a copper cant do a damn thing about noisey neighbours who play louder music night after night yet canpull up a car who may inconvinience someone for a few seconds as he drives by.I woulda ripped up teh ticket and told teh cop to prove my music was too loud because even the council have to have recordings of your noise and teh decibell level to preosecute you or is this yet another case of found guilty without proof

if this is how things are going to be im going to start ringing 999 when these polotions drive around shouting out of megaphones from their vehicles to vote for them,soem people work shifts ya know

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 05-12-2009 at 10:01.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:24   #10

Quote:
...I find it hard to believe a standard fit system could be loud enough to cause a problem outside the car.
The radio in my old Ford can produce enough noise that I can't hear the engine or anything going on outside the car, and that's a factory fit...

Quote:
Maybe, but that doesn't really matter - they are just knackering their own clutch. The bigger problem is being able to hear ambient noise from outside the car. I was driving through Simonstone about three weeks ago and could hear the dull thud coming from the beemer behind me. I could hear a siren, and when I saw the blue lights behind me I slowed to let it pass - the beemer driver tried to overtake me at the same time the ambulance did.

He realised just in time because the oncoming traffic saw what was happening and swerved to avoid the ambulance. Then, the idiot tried to pass me once the ambulance had gone!

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:36   #11
God Member

Quote:
Think again, get in a Mazda 3 with a 6 speaker Bose system in it
Standard fit

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:52   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Maybe, but that doesn't really matter - they are just knackering their own clutch. The bigger problem is being able to hear ambient noise from outside the car. I was driving through Simonstone about three weeks ago and could hear the dull thud coming from the beemer behind me. I could hear a siren, and when I saw the blue lights behind me I slowed to let it pass - the beemer driver tried to overtake me at the same time the ambulance did.

He realised just in time because the oncoming traffic saw what was happening and swerved to avoid the ambulance. Then, the idiot tried to pass me once the ambulance had gone!
Should have got registration number and reported the idiot.

Albert Einstein.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:16   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Think again, get in a Mazda 3 with a 6 speaker Bose system in it
Standard fit
He was in an Astra
Old 05-12-2009, 12:17   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
I was driving through Simonstone about three weeks ago and could hear the dull thud coming from the beemer behind me. I could hear a siren, and when I saw the blue lights behind me I slowed to let it pass - the beemer driver tried to overtake me at the same time the ambulance did.

That was nothing to do with listening to music, he was just an idiot.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:18   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Should have got registration number and reported the idiot.
Why? The Police are too busy listening to other people's music to worry about bad driving.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..