Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2010, 10:17   #1
Resting in Peace

Talking Is he telling porkies

Farmer accidentally shot burglars - Yahoo! News UK
A farmer shot two men trying to break into a cannabis farm he didn't know existed on his land
Old 18-12-2010, 10:24   #2
God Member

Re: Is he telling porkies

after that poor farmer Tony Martin got jailed for shooting that guy who repeatedly burgled him you cant blame the guy for saying he was shooting at a fox and accidently shot the burglar.Accident or deliberate it was a damn good shot either way

it is possible he didnt know the canabis farm was on his land he is disabled and most likely wont be working the land anymore.It does put a warming image of a farmer weilding a shot gun on his mobility scooter into your mind though

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 18-12-2010 at 10:26.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 10:33   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
after that poor farmer Tony Martin got jailed for shooting that guy who repeatedly burgled him you cant blame the guy for saying he was shooting at a fox and accidently shot the burglar.Accident or deliberate it was a damn good shot either way

it is possible he didnt know the canabis farm was on his land he is disabled and most likely wont be working the land anymore.It does put a warming image of a farmer weilding a shot gun on his mobility scooter into your mind though
That's exactly what I thought too accyman, I too imagined a guy in a wheelchair with a stetson and bullet rope across his chest shouting I'll give you 5 minutes to get the flock out of here
Old 18-12-2010, 11:12   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I wouldn't say so he may just be using the Politicians method of oration. Me I think it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances really. And on top of that why where the blokes creeping round in the dark ? Any sympathies I have are for the farmer, at least in this case after the plods heavy handed response, it's been chucked out & rightly so in my view. Just an aside, 3 shots ? Unless he was using a pump action, that is some fast shooting.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 11:57   #5
God Member

there was a boom boom but it wasnt the fox on this occasion

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 13:49   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I wouldn't say so he may just be using the Politicians method of oration. Me I think it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances really. And on top of that why where the blokes creeping round in the dark ? Any sympathies I have are for the farmer, at least in this case after the plods heavy handed response, it's been chucked out & rightly so in my view. Just an aside, 3 shots ? Unless he was using a pump action, that is some fast shooting.
Think he was related to some Yank call Merion Morrison or sumat
Old 18-12-2010, 14:03   #7
Junior Member+

Talking Re: Is he telling porkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
there was a boom boom but it wasnt the fox on this occasion
Nice one, certainly gave them the brush off.

Colin B.
Colin B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 15:22   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

splendid outcome,
Old 19-12-2010, 10:04   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
splendid outcome,
Definitely a roll model
Old 19-12-2010, 11:07   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Definitely a roll model
Well rolling at least (mobility scooter ?) No ? I'll close the door on me way out shall I ?
Old 19-12-2010, 11:24   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well rolling at least (mobility scooter ?) No ? I'll close the door on me way out shall I ?
Don't forget your coat
Old 19-12-2010, 12:07   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't forget your coat
Knew I wouldn't be staying long so I never took it off !
Old 19-12-2010, 16:52   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Knew I wouldn't be staying long so I never took it off !
Likes a man who knows his place

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..